What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

May or may not be the right thread for such a question, but, regarding on the clock trades, particularly one where a person is trading up one spot when there is one particular player they want, and they don't want him to get nabbed before their turn. Why not just let the guy make his pick: then, if he doesn't pick the player you wanted, then great, you gave up nothing. And if he does take the guy you wanted, can you not still offer him your pick that is now on the clock, plus whatever extra, in exchange for that same player that he now owns?

The silly thing is that I am tempted to try and do that, but the guy in question has the previous two picks as well, which complicates things hugely

Gave: Jerome Ford

Got: 2024 3.03, 3.07 + 2025 2nd rounder

10 team ppr dynasty
Browns homer?

I offered him to almost a whole 12 team league, one that's usually RB hungry, for just a third and no would do it. Even the Chubb owner who is pretty thin at RB.

he's not. at all. and the offer came to me as is... i like ford and he'll be the lead dog until chubb is back... but it likely ends there for him. then again, maybe chubb doesnt come back, or ford shows good enough that he's their future for a few season... who knows.

i slapped accept real fast
Earlier this year I tried trading him to the Chubb owner for just a 2025 second and got rejected. So good job.

16 tm, bestball, superflex, start 2TEP, 6 pt passing TD, ppr

Gave: Caleb Williams
Got: Fields, 1.12, 2025 1st & 2nd (too far out to project in a league like this)

I'm rebuilding. I have a decent QB room (Ljax, Tua, Young) and wanted multiple pieces in best-ball. I've been actively acquiring Fields where I can at his cost as I like his chances in 2025 to take over in Pitt. I expect most will lean towards the shiny new toy (Williams). It felt fair for both sides, and I accomplished what I was looking for. Thoughts?

Got: Fields, 1.12, 2025 1st & 2nd (too far out to project in a league like this)

I'm rebuilding. I have a decent QB room (Ljax, Tua, Young) and wanted multiple pieces in best-ball. I've been actively acquiring Fields where I can at his cost as I like his chances in 2025 to take over in Pitt. I expect most will lean towards the shiny new toy (Williams). It felt fair for both sides, and I accomplished what I was looking for. Thoughts?
I think if I'm rebuilding and giving up the best QB prospect to come along in a good while, I'd try to fill needs with up and coming young players at the WR/RB/TE positions before I'd take an investment in Fields. And yes, I like FIelds to start in 2025 (hell probably in 2024), but if you're rebuilding you have more needs that need to be addressed than investing in Fields.

I don't play SF but am forced to watch tons of rookie and startup SF drafts and I seen a trade the other during during a live rookie draft.

1.01 for 1.04 + 2025 1st

Seems like you didn't get enough for your Caleb

Only context I would add to the above trade is (1) the league values RB's like gold, I think our format favors RB's but it's probably also taken too far, and (2) as @Da Franchise pointed out, the guy getting Barkley had Jacobs, but after that only had Pollard, Herbert, Hubbard, and Keaton Mitchell. Not horrible but not good. Also has Purdy and Cousins at QB and Allen, Aiyuk, and Kupp at WR. So overall it might improve his team this year. But Stroud and Collins have a lot of potential years left to be giving them up for that advantage this year.
Starting stroud and pollard is a lot better than starting Watson and Barkley. Even ignoring the rest. It’s like he completely ignored Pollard and still made a bad deal.

I just found out that a pick I had traded for last year in SF is the 1.01. Even though my QBs are almost adequate (Dak, Carr, Watson), I’d need a LOT more to give up Caleb.

As a fields owner I would break my iPhone jamming my thumb through the screen and out the back smashing accept on that trade.

FFPC 1 QB

Gave: Rashee Rice

Got: Roschon Johnson

The latest news was a bit too much for me with this particular team as I’m completely stacked at WR. I might have been able to get Zack Moss which I would have preferred, so have a little regret today. I like Roschon though and think they can split that backfield up two ways. If I get a few RB2 starts out of him this year I’ll be happy.

FFPC 1 QB

The latest news was a bit too much for me with this particular team as I’m completely stacked at WR. I might have been able to get Zack Moss which I would have preferred, so have a little regret today. I like Roschon though and think they can split that backfield up two ways. If I get a few RB2 starts out of him this year I’ll be happy.
At that point I might just hold Rice until I knew the penalty, but I completely understand bailing on him.

I’d offered a future 1st & a young elite DE prospect him a few short weeks ago. That owner did me a favor rejecting.

FFPC 1 QB

Man, I would've just held until we know the punishment. (Roschon was available in one of my FFPC leagues, and I drafted him at the 3.09.)

Yesterday, in FFPC Triflex, I got an offer of Troy Franklin and two '25 R3s for Rice. Franklin was taken at the 3.04, so it was essentially three R3s. I passed.

FFPC 1 QB

Man, I would've just held until we know the punishment. (Roschon was available in one of my FFPC leagues, and I drafted him at the 3.09.)

Yesterday, in FFPC Triflex, I got an offer of Troy Franklin and two '25 R3s for Rice. Franklin was taken at the 3.04, so it was essentially three R3s. I passed.

FFPC 1 QB

You’re probably right. Sent the offer when I was drinking and kinda forgot about it lol. It’s fine though, actually do like Roschon if he ever gets a real shot. That offense is going to be nasty.

For context, my WRs on this team are Jefferson, Lamb, Chase, Wilson, and Odunze. Shouldn’t throw away value and maybe I did, maybe I didn’t. Can’t make up my mind about it. Really wish I had asked for Zack Moss though, that much I know. Especially because I have Chase Brown.

16 team PPR 1.5 TE IDP 1 QB (not involved)

Rashee Rice
for
Nick Bosa

DL do not score much in this league (Bosa avg 8.9 pts per game last year)

As a fields owner I would break my iPhone jamming my thumb through the screen and out the back smashing accept on that trade.
I appreciate all the responses

It feels like most of you are underestimating how hard depth is to come by in a 16 tm Superflex; start two TEs with premium scoring league. Getting 4:1 pieces is a lot different than a 12 tm start 10 league. Caleb is clearly the best player and safest bet of the bunch. We'll see what happens

P.S. HSG, I've been putting my money where my mouth is with Fields. I hated his cost for the last 1-1.5 years. I'm in at his current price everywhere I can buy. He's in a good position to learn from Russ for a year and take over the reins in '25 (maybe sooner)

FFPC 1 QB

This feels like a knee-jerk reaction. I'd have held Rice or targeted a different player (I'm not an RJ supporter). Why not add a second to Rice and get someone like D. Henry?

FFPC 1 QB

I don't own Rice but I am someone who cuts ties with players like him very quickly...I'll let someone else deal with his BS and if it works out good for them but I'm moving on...that being said Roschon doesn't do a ton for me but I can see why someone else would like him...I'd actually prefer Moss as I feel like he has an opportunity to become a solid FF RB for a couple of years but again I can see why you like Roschon...overall I would have preferred trying to grab a second-round pick here but I have zero issues cutting ties with Rice right now...Roschon is a dice roll but this time last year many were very high on him so this could work out very well for you.

16 team PPR 1.5 TE 1 QB (not involved)

for
Dalton Kincaid
2025 3rd round pick

All depends on your roster...if I am hurting at TE Kincaid makes sense...if I am set at TE the 1.4 makes sense.
Why not just draft Bowers at 1.04?

Because I assumed in that scenario he will be taken before 1.4...if he is (which I doubt but possible in a TEP league) then I would definitely just take him at 1.4.

I appreciate all the responses

It feels like most of you are underestimating how hard depth is to come by in a 16 tm Superflex; start two TEs with premium scoring league. Getting 4:1 pieces is a lot different than a 12 tm start 10 league. Caleb is clearly the best player and safest bet of the bunch. We'll see what happens

P.S. HSG, I've been putting my money where my mouth is with Fields. I hated his cost for the last 1-1.5 years. I'm in at his current price everywhere I can buy. He's in a good position to learn from Russ for a year and take over the reins in '25 (maybe sooner)
I’m in 2x 16 team SF IDP start 2 TE-P formats.

Fields is a doorstop right now. I have him in one of those leagues.

The reason I don’t underestimate how difficult it is to get a QB2 is because I’ve been trying to do so for months.

And as stated, I would smash accept on that price to get Caleb.

1.01 for 1.04 + 2025 1st

Funny, this is the same offer I received for my 1.01. I’m leaning towards declining. Partly because I’m contending and have a decent RB and WR core.
I’m not opposed to trading the pick but not sure what makes sense for me.
Roster:
Q dak
R Henry, Barkley
W Kupp, metcalf, G Wilson
T Kelce or Kincaid
SF: Watson or Carr
F: Evans, Diontae or Walker
decent depth with ekeler, Lockett, wicks

Is asking for the 1.04 and 1.05 for the 1 and a late pick too much? I think that’s what it would take.

1.01 for 1.04 + 2025 1st

Funny, this is the same offer I received for my 1.01. I’m leaning towards declining. Partly because I’m contending and have a decent RB and WR core.
Roster:
Q dak
R Henry, Barkley
T Kelce or Kincaid

Is asking for the 1.04 and 1.05 for the 1 and a late pick too much? I think that’s what it would take.
You’re the guy with the 1.01 - you should be asking for as much as you can if you are even interested in dealing. In your spot, no such thing as asking for too much.

Assuming this is 1QB, MHJ fits nicely, as while you have depth, outside of Wilson and to an extent Metcalf, your WR room skews older. Grabbing MHJ here would make it easier for you to perhaps try package up some of your aging guys like Henry, Kupp, Evans, Diontae, Ekeler and Kelce for youth/picks without hurting your lineup and positioning yourself better for a continuous reload.

Nick Bosa
for

Bosa was the #22 DL last year with 8.9 PPG

1.01 for 1.04 + 2025 1st

Roster:
Q dak
R Henry, Barkley
T Kelce or Kincaid

You’re the guy with the 1.01 - you should be asking for as much as you can if you are even interested in dealing. In your spot, no such thing as asking for too much.

Assuming this is 1QB, MHJ fits nicely, as while you have depth, outside of Wilson and to an extent Metcalf, your WR room skews older. Grabbing MHJ here would make it easier for you to perhaps try package up some of your aging guys like Henry, Kupp, Evans, Diontae, Ekeler and Kelce for youth/picks without hurting your lineup and positioning yourself better for a continuous reload.
Super flex. I’m 99% going Caleb unless I trade the pick.

for
Dalton Kincaid
2025 3rd round pick
Kincaid
Basically Kincaid or Bowers. Probably a toss up. Slightly higher upside with the 4.
Could be Odunze, in similar FFPC format, but only 12 teams, out of 769 leagues it's showing as basically a tie between Odunze and Bowers for the 3/4. I'm not sure when Dez will have his draft and if it's like in August or something and how much may change.

For me it would depend on several factors with my team, do view Kincaid as being a decidely better asset to teams next year would be part of that equation.

for
Dalton Kincaid
2025 3rd round pick
Kincaid
Basically Kincaid or Bowers. Probably a toss up. Slightly higher upside with the 4.
Could be Odunze, in similar FFPC format, but only 12 teams, out of 769 leagues it's showing as basically a tie between Odunze and Bowers for the 3/4. I'm not sure when Dez will have his draft and if it's like in August or something and how much may change.

For me it would depend on several factors with my team, do view Kincaid as being a decidely better asset to teams next year would be part of that equation.
This league the draft beings Friday, May 17th at 6 PM ET

Nick Bosa
for

Bosa also had a pretty down year. Probably fair, just surprised he wasn’t more in the 1.12-1.14 range. Not too far off - could be a good buy-low.

Seems like with more DEs since the edge shift they’re losing some value. So it makes sense. Could just be what he’s worth.

Nick Bosa
for

Bosa also had a pretty down year. Probably fair, just surprised he wasn’t more in the 1.12-1.14 range. Not too far off - could be a good buy-low.

Seems like with more DEs since the edge shift they’re losing some value. So it makes sense. Could just be what he’s worth.
I would never pay 2.03 for Bosa I picked up Granderson off waivers for $1 during the year he finished top 10

DL don't score much in this league anyway

IN 2022 Bosa finished #3 in DL and scored 10.8 PPG

So the difference from #3 and #22 was less than 2 PPG

Nick Bosa
for

I would never pay 2.03 for Bosa I picked up Granderson off waivers for $1 during the year he finished top 10
Yeah, I did the same. He’s my DE1 in that league. lol
DL don't score much in this league anyway

IN 2022 Bosa finished #3 in DL and scored 10.8 PPG

So the difference from #3 and #22 was less than 2 PPG
Oh yeah, in that format 2.03 for any DL is insane.

Top DL in my IDPs routinely score 15-40 points.

1/2 point ppr 12 team super flex league.
Start 1 qb, 2rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 flex and 1 superflex.

Gave 2.02, 2.04 Freirmuth and a 2025 3rd

Got 1.06 on the clock and took Odzune (already took Caleb at 1.02)

Users who are viewing this thread