What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official FFA Lotto Club *** (2 Viewers)

Depending on the fee, we could play both games. Just go with the one with the greater pot in a given week.

If the PB is $300 million and the MM is $20 million, I can see us wishing we played both games.

Depending on the fee, we could play both games. Just go with the one with the greater pot in a given week.If the PB is $300 million and the MM is $20 million, I can see us wishing we played both games.
PB is $2 per ticket. that kills it for me.

In - great idea.

A few random thoughts...

Is the same person going to buy the tix each week?

What is the plan when that person isn't available?

Maybe we want to split up the work of buying/scanning? I'd definitely be willing to take a turn.

The scans of the tix need to be emailed before each drawing - this seems like the absolute best way to document what tix are in play for the group.

What do we want to do if we hit a decent sized win, e.g. $1k? I'd kind of like to see a distribution from any win higher than a certain amount (e.g. >$50 per person?... whatever everyone wants is fine).

Where is the accounting going to be kept showing who has paid, escrow holdings, $ spent on each drawing, $ won, etc... Seems like this needs to be public info and kept up to date. We definitely want to have an iron clad list on the very slim chance that we actually win something sizable so people don't come out of the woodwork claiming they were in the winning drawing just because they were in it for one cycle 2 years ago.

I haven't googled, but since you can find anything on the inner tubes, there's probably some good rules and best practices out there for lotto clubs that we should maybe peruse.

I like the idea of having entries in every PB and MM drawing - that would be one of the big benefits/strengths of being in a group like this. We would almost certainly want to split up the work of buying/scanning between the 2 different lotteries. I know MM is 2 draws a week, not sure about PB. So we might want to charge $2 a week to be in the group, and for that you get entries in all PB and MM drawings each week. So, e.g., if we have 50 people, that's $100 a week to put into drawings, if there are 4 drawings a week (2 PB, 2 MM), we'd put $25 in each drawing.

If the PB tix are $2 and we have an odd number of people, just take $1 from the "small winnings" escrow - or just buy 1 less tix one drawing, one more tix the next.

I guess that's good for a first pass of "a few" random thoughts. :unsure:

Again, great idea :banned:

Depending on the fee, we could play both games. Just go with the one with the greater pot in a given week.If the PB is $300 million and the MM is $20 million, I can see us wishing we played both games.
So you'd rather go for $20M vs $300M?
Yes, as mentioned earlier, I'm not ponying up more than $1 per game.
This is dumb. I want the money to go to whichever has the biggest payoff taking the extra cost of PB into account.

This is dumb. I want the money to go to whichever has the biggest payoff taking the extra cost of PB into account.
I agree. $4 a week is the price of 1 beer in most cities, give up your 1 beer and buy lotto instead. If you can't afford the extra dollar or two you probably shouldn't be playing lotto, sorry to sound harsh but its the truth.

One thing many posters are missing... there will only be ONE PURCHASE every 5 weeks (unless we do special buys for large jackpots using our slush fund). Therefore, we could not do different lotteries, or play different numbers.

Again... only one buy every 5 weeks.

In - great idea.

A few random thoughts...

Is the same person going to buy the tix each week?

Whoever collects the $$, or the "baskup" would buy each week.

What is the plan when that person isn't available?

Ideally there will be a backup person who lives locally... this will need to be worked out

Maybe we want to split up the work of buying/scanning? I'd definitely be willing to take a turn.

The scans of the tix need to be emailed before each drawing - this seems like the absolute best way to document what tix are in play for the group.

A FBG has PMed me regarding a website he put together to post tix (and determine winnings) for us... more to follow

What do we want to do if we hit a decent sized win, e.g. $1k? I'd kind of like to see a distribution from any win higher than a certain amount (e.g. >$50 per person?... whatever everyone wants is fine).

Read the OP...

Where is the accounting going to be kept showing who has paid, escrow holdings, $ spent on each drawing, $ won, etc... Seems like this needs to be public info and kept up to date. We definitely want to have an iron clad list on the very slim chance that we actually win something sizable so people don't come out of the woodwork claiming they were in the winning drawing just because they were in it for one cycle 2 years ago.

OP suggests it be posted here, but it definitely needs to be done.

I haven't googled, but since you can find anything on the inner tubes, there's probably some good rules and best practices out there for lotto clubs that we should maybe peruse.

I like the idea of having entries in every PB and MM drawing - that would be one of the big benefits/strengths of being in a group like this. We would almost certainly want to split up the work of buying/scanning between the 2 different lotteries. I know MM is 2 draws a week, not sure about PB. So we might want to charge $2 a week to be in the group, and for that you get entries in all PB and MM drawings each week. So, e.g., if we have 50 people, that's $100 a week to put into drawings, if there are 4 drawings a week (2 PB, 2 MM), we'd put $25 in each drawing.

Would have to be a majority vote. Splitting up work would be great, but we need to figure out how each "worker" gets funds to buy tickets

If the PB tix are $2 and we have an odd number of people, just take $1 from the "small winnings" escrow - or just buy 1 less tix one drawing, one more tix the next.

I guess that's good for a first pass of "a few" random thoughts. :unsure:

Again, great idea :banned:
My thoughts above...

Hey guys, as Keerock mentioned in the last post, I PMed him with a site I put together for a work mega millions pool we did last week. The area that users can enter scans and tickets needs some work still, but this could be a good start for a club like this.

Here's the URL, take a look and get me some feedback.

http://lotto.fozzil.net/3/30/2012/maximize

What we could do is grant access to the person purchasing the tickets to be able to upload the scanned images and enter the ticket numbers.

It currently can go out and grab the winning numbers every week and save them.

It can also send an email report after each drawing with what numbers hit and how much was won, if anything.

I'm pretty slammed at work the rest of this week, I will get back to this thread. If it's a pretty delayed response, that's why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, as Keerock mentioned in the last post, I PMed him with a site I put together for a work mega millions pool we did last week. The area that users can enter scans and tickets needs some work still, but this could be a good start for a club like this.Here's the URL, take a look and get me some feedback. http://lotto.fozzil.net/3/30/2012/maximizeWhat we could do is grant access to the person purchasing the tickets to be able to upload the scanned images and enter the ticket numbers. It currently can go out and grab the winning numbers every week and save them. It can also send an email report after each drawing with what numbers hit and how much was won, if anything.I'm pretty slammed at work the rest of this week, I will get back to this thread. If it's a pretty delayed response, that's why.
:thumbup:

'Jojo the circus boy said:
'SacramentoBob said:
'Wildcat said:
'SacramentoBob said:
'Wildcat said:
I agree. $4 a week is the price of 1 beer in most cities, give up your 1 beer and buy lotto instead. If you can't afford the extra dollar or two you probably shouldn't be playing lotto, sorry to sound harsh but its the truth.
We don't have to pay extra money, just use the collected money on PB for that purchase if the payout is significantly skewed.

'SacramentoBob said:
'Wildcat said:
'SacramentoBob said:
'Wildcat said:
Depending on the fee, we could play both games. Just go with the one with the greater pot in a given week.

If the PB is $300 million and the MM is $20 million, I can see us wishing we played both games.
Keep in mind too that PB resets to $40 million so it will always be juicy.I'm not sure what MM resets to.

OK... back from vacation. If there is still interest, let's get this ball rolling!
I'm out. The lesson I learned from the other thread was that if you're too lazy to actually look up the numbers posted, you probably shouldn't be in a pool with a bunch of online strangers.Good luck. :thumbup:

Was the amount ever agreed upon? I've seen $10 and $20 in here.
Don't think it was ever agreed upon. I suggested (and would still recommend) $20 per 5 weeks ($2 per drawing), but I'm open.
I'm cool with that. If you split MM/PB I can help buy PB tickets (Florida has no state tax as far as I know regarding the lottery), but not MM.
Florida does not collect income tax; however, like all U.S. lottery prizes, they are taxable by the federal government.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, as Keerock mentioned in the last post, I PMed him with a site I put together for a work mega millions pool we did last week. The area that users can enter scans and tickets needs some work still, but this could be a good start for a club like this.Here's the URL, take a look and get me some feedback. http://lotto.fozzil.net/3/30/2012/maximizeWhat we could do is grant access to the person purchasing the tickets to be able to upload the scanned images and enter the ticket numbers. It currently can go out and grab the winning numbers every week and save them. It can also send an email report after each drawing with what numbers hit and how much was won, if anything.I'm pretty slammed at work the rest of this week, I will get back to this thread. If it's a pretty delayed response, that's why.
Any chance we can get something up by next Tuesday?

Here's another sticking point... say the slush fund is at $50, and it's now the beginning of a new subscription period. Do new members get to share in that $50 when tickets for large drawings are purchased with it? The easy answer is yes... trying to allocate the slush funds only to members who were "in" when it was funded would be a nightmare. Is everyone OK with letting new members share in it? Should new members be required to add to the slush fund upon entry to make it more fair? Say 10%? So if the slush fund is $50, new members would have to kick in an extra $5 to the slush?

Looks great Kee, when are we planning on purchasing our first set of tickets/owe money?
I'm shooting for next Monday (4/23) for the following 10 drawings (5 weeks). I think we need to specify when payments are due... I'm thinking Mondays by 3pm ET.

Here's another sticking point... say the slush fund is at $50, and it's now the beginning of a new subscription period. Do new members get to share in that $50 when tickets for large drawings are purchased with it? The easy answer is yes... trying to allocate the slush funds only to members who were "in" when it was funded would be a nightmare. Is everyone OK with letting new members share in it? Should new members be required to add to the slush fund upon entry to make it more fair? Say 10%? So if the slush fund is $50, new members would have to kick in an extra $5 to the slush?
Yes, new members should have to pay extra into the slush fund. Think of it as an initial new member fee. ;)

Yes, new members should have to pay extra into the slush fund. Think of it as an initial new member fee. ;)
I agree. And I am in

Users who are viewing this thread