What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official MLB playoffs thread: 23 hour game exhausts all ball supplies (1 Viewer)

Who wins it all?

• Total voters
Boston was better in the end but AJ HInch didn't do his team any favors with untimely pitching changes and not playing guys like Tyler White. 

I'm happy for Ian Kinsler, JD, and Mookie.  Also good to see Price, who is known to be a super dude, finally get it done in the postseason.  I'm sad this only went five games, I think we deserved more drama out of this series. 

Boston was better in the end but AJ HInch didn't do his team any favors with untimely pitching changes and not playing guys like Tyler White. 

I'm happy for Ian Kinsler, JD, and Mookie.  Also good to see Price, who is known to be a super dude, finally get it done in the postseason.  I'm sad this only went five games, I think we deserved more drama out of this series. 
Always want series to go 7 games. 

Hard to explain how this series played out.

On paper, HOU had better starting pitching (esp with Sale not 100%), better bullpen, and heavier bats.

I voted HOU in this poll.

Vandy guy and off the field, a good dude. Other than his dust-up with Eck and the Boston media (and who doesn't dust-up with them?), he's even been excellent in the media. Just a good dude. Seems like Eck has dropped it; maybe we should.  
I know for a fact he's good to fans and always amenable to awkward conversations with strangers who meet him in the airport.  :mellow:

Sox haven’t got much from Sale or Mookie at the plate yet just went 7-2 against two teams that won more than a 100 games this year.

Really? He's like Wally Cleaver. 
I don’t know if it’s because he’s miserable here but he’s had some nasty interactions with the media. Last years plane confrontation with Dennis Eckersley was particularly embarrassing  

He came up big tonight, Im happy for him

Trying to think of a better defensive outfield than this Red Sox team.

1985 Cardinals with Coleman, McGee, and Van Slyke? 

So my son and his wife are thrilled to be going to Boston for the weekend.  Huge baseball fans with Fenway on their bucket list.  I'm shopping for tickets for game 6 after it's 1:1 and the Astros lose 3 straight at home? Bummer - would have been perfect.

1985 Cardinals with Coleman, McGee, and Van Slyke? 
I can't comment too intelligently, but it becomes a question not of defense, but of all-around, no? 

Who is the best all-around outfield since '85, maybe?  
No, not with Bonds, Trout and Griffey in there.  Bradley is a below average offensive player, Benentendi is really good but not a superior offensive talent.  Bonds had Van Slyke and Bonilla in Pittsburgh and then there were those Braves teams with Chipper, Andruw Jones, and Sheff.  Cleveland with Belle, Lofton, and Manny too.

I'm talking just defense. 

Would never root for the Red Sux but this is a fun team.

Betts is one of my favorite players in the game, Bradley is defensive genius and a super guy, love JD and Kinsler as former Tigers, they got a guy who drive a 98 Camry as a pivotal reliever, and Chris Sale is a monster. 

Dodgers are a similar team with a lot of depth but Dave Roberts can't possibly win a world series.  Milwaukee would need a 1990 Reds performance to win. 

No, not with Bonds, Trout and Griffey in there.  Bradley is a below average offensive player, Benentendi is really good but not a superior offensive talent.  Bonds had Van Slyke and Bonilla in Pittsburgh and then there were those Braves teams with Chipper, Andruw Jones, and Sheff.  Cleveland with Belle, Lofton, and Manny too.

I'm talking just defense. 
Oh, I wasn't positing that the Sox were best since '85, just the premise. 

I think I'm talking past you at this point. Not being a homer; there's no way JBJ and Andrew are the best all-around. 

Oh, I wasn't positing that the Sox were best since '85, just the premise. 

I think I'm talking past you at this point. Not being a homer; there's no way JBJ and Andrew are the best all-around. 
Just defensively, they are one of the best trios I've ever seen.  Benentendi is above average, Betts and JBJ are elite. 

Interested to see what they do in the NL park.  JD can play the OF pretty well but you'd have to think they put him at 1B or maybe move Betts to 2B, a position he originally played in the minors. 

Betts is one of my favorite players in the game, Bradley is defensive genius and a super guy, love JD and Kinsler as former Tigers, they got a guy who drive a 98 Camry as a pivotal reliever, and Chris Sale is a monster. 

Dodgers are a similar team with a lot of depth but Dave Roberts can't possibly win a world series.  Milwaukee would need a 1990 Reds performance to win. 
It’s posts like this that solidify my vote for DD for FFA Mt Rushmore.... 

I think “best ever” talk is destined for stagnant controversy... 

I prefer “make an argument for” debates... 

I think it’s not hard to make an argument for this Boston OF defensively... best ever is really really REALLY aggressive.  Borderline crazy. 

Me, I’m pretty happy having 3 plus guys out there... 

Last edited by a moderator:

Your face is Billy Hatcher. 

Edit, and now my google history has 1990 Reds evidence. I'll smite you when I get a goggles ad on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm happy for Kinsler. A good friend of mine was his agent when he signed his first big contract. Always liked the way he played.

I remember the Red Sox and the Yankees in '99. Seemed like every call went their way, including two brutal ones at second on the base paths. Sometimes, that's just how it is.  
Good series Sox fans. I thought the Astros were better coming in but you guys proved me wrong. Good luck!

Was pretty happy to see price pitch a gem and then get the win against verlander. Not because i like price but because i feel the series ending that way makes the home run/interference call feel a lot better for houston fans. 

Users who are viewing this thread