What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL NFC CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD*** Eagles going to the Bowl!!!! (2 Viewers)

JuniorNB said:
I think it's a toss up. The Jags defense got chewed up in the AFC playoffs. 66 points in TWO games. The Eagles have only given up 62 in their last FIVE games. 
Bingo. 

Whatever the Jags did in the regular season,  they were pretty weak defensively in the playoffs.  The Eagles by comparison seem to be getting stronger and stronger defensively. The intensity is there along with the talent.

Bingo. 

Whatever the Jags did in the regular season,  they were pretty weak defensively in the playoffs.  The Eagles by comparison seem to be getting stronger and stronger defensively. The intensity is there along with the talent.
The Jags held Buffalo to 3 points.  Also, I actually don't think the Jaguars defense played THAT poorly against the Steelers.  That game was bizarre in that most of the Steelers points came on some of the best collection of individual efforts that I've even seen in a single game.  AB, Bell, Bryant and Ben all made ridiculous plays against pretty good Jax coverage.  Sometimes you just have to tip your hat.  Heck the Jags D resulted in 2 scores that was ultimately the difference in the game.  

Against the Pats, they held them to 10 points going into the 4th quarter and then......

well the Pats just did what the Pats always do.  

The Jags held Buffalo to 3 points.  Also, I actually don't think the Jaguars defense played THAT poorly against the Steelers.  That game was bizarre in that most of the Steelers points came on some of the best collection of individual efforts that I've even seen in a single game.  AB, Bell, Bryant and Ben all made ridiculous plays against pretty good Jax coverage.  Sometimes you just have to tip your hat.  Heck the Jags D resulted in 2 scores that was ultimately the difference in the game.  

Against the Pats, they held them to 10 points going into the 4th quarter and then......

well the Pats just did what the Pats always do.  
Defense is situationally relative in today’s NFL. There’s no way the Jax D could withstand repetitive 3 & outs against the Pats.

Jax was fortunate to win the Steelers game before it was played. BB knew better

Defense is situationally relative in today’s NFL. There’s no way the Jax D could withstand repetitive 3 & outs against the Pats.

Jax was fortunate to win the Steelers game before it was played. BB knew better
Yes but doesn't that kind of support that their defense played well?  Repeated 3 and outs and they still had only given up 10 points to the Patriots going into the 4th.  

Users who are viewing this thread