What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL NLCS THREAD *** (1 Viewer)

Is Brett Meyers healthy? Billingsly/Lowe are both pitching like aces right now, and although Moyer is solid, don't think Hamels is enough to knock off the extremely hot Dodgers. LA in 6 or 7.

enough time off to set the rotation for both teams. Should be a good series.

Lowe, Billingsly, Kuroda

then do you go with Maddux or Kershaw game 4?

Does Maddux have anything left? Can the Rookie get it done in the playoffs?

Cant wait! GO DOYERS!

I'll say the Dodgers in 5. They are getting better timely hitting, their pitching is better, and they seem to be doing all of the little things well right now. Plus, the Dodgers are the much hotter team, coming in off a sweep of the Cubs, the NL's best team in '08, while the Phillies needed an extra game to finish off a Brewers club that didn't play well down the stretch. The Dodgers just have that "look" right now of a team on the verge of something truly special.

A big question for the Dodgers is Kuo's health. The Dodgers' staff doesn't match up as well with Philadelphia with all those lefties/switch hitters in the lineup. It would be great to have Kuo in the pen for this series.

I'll say the Dodgers in 5. They are getting better timely hitting, their pitching is better, and they seem to be doing all of the little things well right now. Plus, the Dodgers are the much hotter team, coming in off a sweep of the Cubs, the NL's best team in '08, while the Phillies needed an extra game to finish off a Brewers club that didn't play well down the stretch. The Dodgers just have that "look" right now of a team on the verge of something truly special.
Is it? Hamels, Myers and Blanton looked very very good. Moyer just missed and had an ump with a small strike zone. Brad Lidge didn't blow a save all year.The Dodgers are looking tough but they've been streaky. If they keep it up, it'll be tough to beat them. Phils in 6.

The Kansas Comet said:
A big question for the Dodgers is Kuo's health. The Dodgers' staff doesn't match up as well with Philadelphia with all those lefties/switch hitters in the lineup. It would be great to have Kuo in the pen for this series.
If hes not you still have Beimel (STUD) and Kershaw as lefties out of the pen. I think Maddux will be the #4 starter. I am not sure how I feel about that but if Maddux has anything left then you could do worse then a HOFer.

Kuo says he's ready for the NLCS:

Story

Good to hear, hopefully he's experienced no setbacks since the throwing session.
That's encouraging.
NLCS rosters set this morning.Kuo in, Saito out

Frankly, I think this makes the Dodgers' pen better for this series.
I agree. Saito hasnt been himself and although Broxton can be a bit wild as the closer, he has been getting the job done. With Kuo and Beimel, the Phillies lefty power late in the games can be neutralized. Plus Wade is solid vs lefties even as a righty pitcher.I like it.

Plus how sweet is it to have Jeff Kent and Nomar as your late inning Pinch hitters? And Juan Pierre as your pinch runner?

My only concern is game 4 and who starts for LA. Maddux or Kershaw? HoFer or Rookie Phenom?

I think if LA is up 3-0 we will see Kershaw. If its a must win (ie down 3-0 or 2-1) then we see Maddux. But the 2-1 LA lead? who do we get?

I can't in good conscience ever root for the Dodgers but this year's club seems like a pretty good combination of experience and youth, and they seem to be peaking at the right time. It's harder for me to get a read on the Phillies. Their offensive core is outstanding and their bullpen has been solid all year but they have some holes in the lineup.

I'm hoping for a long and entertaining series and that Tim McCarver gets larnygitis.

You're going to base this on the Phils not sweeping the Brewers? The Phillies had a great September also.

Heres a question......What ##### at FOX thinks its better to show these 3 morons in the studio than the player intros on the field?

Hate that

Fox on the TV . . . muted.

Vin Scully on the box.

Tatum with a coldbeer.

Life is good - go Blue!

Call that corner evenly with tailing fastballs, and I have no problem with that called 3rd strike. :goodposting:

Remember when Andruw Jones was good? He is a Dodger. Remember? I bet the Dodgers would sure like the old Jones on this NLCS roster.

They paid Andruw about $18 million this year for .158 3hrs and 14rbi

Others:

To outfielder Andruw Jones ($18.1 million), who is in the Dominican Republic trying to locate his swing, and to pitcher Jason Schmidt ($15.67 million), who has been injured for two years and never got out of minor league rehab games this season.

To 40-year-old second baseman Jeff Kent ($10 million), who hurt a knee and has been relegated to

Last edited by a moderator:
Vinny talking right now about how Cole Hamels and his new wife alphabetize their canned goods. :goodposting:

Remember when Andruw Jones was good? He is a Dodger. Remember? I bet the Dodgers would sure like the old Jones on this NLCS roster.They paid Andruw about $18 million this year for .158 3hrs and 14rbi
:goodposting: Though I'm not in a hurry to boot Kemp or Ethier from the lineup. Anyway, it's not my money. :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember when Andruw Jones was good? He is a Dodger. Remember? I bet the Dodgers would sure like the old Jones on this NLCS roster.They paid Andruw about $18 million this year for .158 3hrs and 14rbi
Not really worried about Andruw Jones right now big guy.

Users who are viewing this thread