What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official NY METS 2014 Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Look at this guy. Finding any mountain top that he can scream from about the Mets easy schedule down the stretch. Meanwhile.....
You are seriously the dumbest person I have ever seen on here.  I would feel bad but I can't stop laughing at every response you make.

You are seriously the dumbest person I have ever seen on here.  I would feel bad but I can't stop laughing at every response you make.
 I'm going to ask you a simple question.

It's the post season, if what happened in the regular season doesn't matter, why do you continue to bring it up?

Last I checked, regular season performance has a huge bearing on post-season performance.

if you don't win enough in the regular season you don't get into the playoffs. ;)

Familia is the new Benitez.  Brutal.

Still amazing that we got here - but tough to face the buzzsaw that is the bum.  

I was behind on DVR and fast forwarded through the top of the 9th because I knew Familia was going to get whacked and had no interest in seeing it. 

YESPEDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 YEARS, $110 Million.  Hoping he stays in Glen Cove - though I may be moving to Dallas by the time baseball season starts. Who the #### knows. But for now..

YESPEDES!

Gotta feel more relaxe this year going into winter meetings as opposed to last. Ces was likely gone, could we be a winning club after an admittedly great year...

feels like we need our arms to stay healthy like every team, always, but other than that need to fill a few holes with chips on hand to do so.  Plus we are neither a young nor old team really. Young staff still but not kids, some old guys but Ces is mid prime, still some young talent though it took a step back last year positionally. 

We do need improved play from 3B, 1B, C and RP from within or the outside.

Gotta feel more relaxe this year going into winter meetings as opposed to last. Ces was likely gone, could we be a winning club after an admittedly great year...

feels like we need our arms to stay healthy like every team, always, but other than that need to fill a few holes with chips on hand to do so.  Plus we are neither a young nor old team really. Young staff still but not kids, some old guys but Ces is mid prime, still some young talent though it took a step back last year positionally. 

We do need improved play from 3B, 1B, C and RP from within or the outside.
No doubt, that's been my stance too. You cannot be successful without production from the corners.  I hope this improves but Duda, Wright and Jose don't inspire a ton of confidence.  I like that we have Wilmer as a potential backup but we are seriously lacking a stud at 1st since Delgado....and Wright hasn't been himself for years now.  Just doesn't seem like a priority for Sandy.  This talk of Jose playing the outfield is also really baffling to me.  Why?  He's not going to be the savior center fielder we need.

We seriously need some speed coming off the bench.  We've been just miserable with steals, hits and runs, bunting.  It drives me nuts.  The way we are designed now is exactly like last year.  HR or bust. 

Think I'm going to need to invest in the MLB channel now that I am in Dallas.  It's been great to get back in the groove over the past 3-4 years of watching at least some of most if not almost all the games.  

I will be pleased with a record of 80-82. With Harvey not available it is hard to expect a good season.

I will be pleased with a record of 80-82. With Harvey not available it is hard to expect a good season.
Seems pessimistic. They got nothing out of Harvey last season and won 87 games. Gsellman for a full season, hopefully Wheeler contributing. Duda healthy, maybe Bruce feeling more comfortable, maybe Conforto taking a step forward.

Obviously a lot of "what ifs" but I think they'll be in a position to be buyers at the trade deadline and improve on last season.

#LGM

on the flip side, degrom is throwing 97 again.  the concern is with a limited Harvey and matz' inevitable breakdown, the wheelergesumheit/lugo combo becomes more important to have.

if bruce can play 1b, that helps.  reyes at 3b full time will at least give the mets a guy at the top of the order.  grandy will hit 4, behind cespedes.  I am worried about the pen depth and the helf of Cabrera/walker/duda.  this wont be the team we see in august.  I expect 90 wins....SP is too good.

Seems pessimistic. They got nothing out of Harvey last season and  won 87 games. Gsellman for a full season, hopefully Wheeler contributing. Duda healthy, maybe Bruce feeling more comfortable, maybe Conforto taking a step forward.

Obviously a lot of "what ifs" but I think they'll be in a position to be buyers at the trade deadline and improve on last season.

#LGM
Well, this is the 2014 thread. Who is this Gsellman guy you speak of and isn't Bruce with Cincinnati?

Users who are viewing this thread