What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

been watching the periscope.  looks pretty kick ### to me.  FWIW, I wouldn't wear a PJ shirt to a show 
If I wore a PJ shirt to a PJ show it would be a custom one relevant to the venue/show... but then again I wouldn't fault anyone for doing so. 

Effing poster sold out already. This will be my only show I dont have. Stoopid nyc. Hoping I can land one inside
Rumors are the upper level merch booths sell out much slower, if you're in reserved seating and don't mind walking around a bit to score a poster. This is a report from last night, anyway. YMMV. Good luck. 

Looks like a good show tonight but nothing mind blowing. Hopefully they save that for tomorrow. 

Need a ruling. I know you cant wear the t shirt of the band playing, but what about a zip up sweatshirt? Cool and rainy here tomorrow. Thinking of wearing the pj 20 sweatshirt with the wrong city. 
I have a blue No Code shirt, nothing on the back. Target special YEARS ago. I wear it to a lot of non PJ concerts and always get a person saying awesome shirt. I wore it last night, fwiw. It's not too Pearl Jammy tho if you don't know No Code. 

Got it to work.  Sounds awesome! Thx for posting.

I told my wife after the Greenville show when they played Vs., the Ten show is coming, and they need to play Master/Slave when they take the stage and go directly into Once. I know that crowd completely lost their #### when they realized what was happening.
Glad you got it to work. :thumbup:

always funny to hear the drunk guy catch on late... figures out around oceans what's going on (last guy in the building), starts acting like nostradamus for figuring it out.....  then proceeds to yell the wrong song name. :lol:  

My good friend in music industry marketing/media (company name witheld) who is based out of NYC/London went last night and had her face melted (lifelong pj fan). she's going again tonight. After last night's show, she bought tix for fenway and wrigley. Fri at fenway she's on field and Sunday she's getting media creds to cover it for some publication. Looking forward to partying with her Sat or Sunday before the show. 

Haven't seen her in ~15 years.... Will be the first time my GF meets her (though has heard about her many times through various musical misadventures). Inevitably the story will come out about the time I met up with her and her girlfriend at Mardis Gras in NOLA, ate a bunch of ecstasy at a rave, got my pocket picked, and we somehow ended up crashing in one bed in a suite at the Ritz Carlton overlooking canal, then flashing the parade route below the next morning from our 3rd floor window. I'm sure the GF will love that one :unsure: :lol:

Looks like the people waiting are general admission folks. 

Thanks icon. Will try to get a poster inside. Have bobcat working on it also. Lol

Looks like the people waiting are general admission folks. 

Thanks icon. Will try to get a poster inside. Have bobcat working on it also. Lol
Yeah I thought you were kidding about the folks outside, sorry.

GA has been lining up 1-2 days in advance on this tour.
Merch lines have been starting at 9am for 1-2pm opening.

MSG has a "no early lines" policy so I guess they've been starting EARLY the day of the show. 

Good luck on the poster! 

My ticket girl was running late. Finally got it though. I doubt the poster is happening Ace. She's certifiable. Was able to ditch her for now lol.

Holy cow, what I just went through to get a poster. I can't even go over it now. I'm sweating my balls off. 

Seats are dead center, 4th row just past the facade. @Bobcat10, hey. Im wearing my camo rangers hat

Show review: 8/10

If you went to this show expecting rarities, you probably didnt like it. If you went expecting an awesome rock n roll show, I dont think you were let down. I didnt go on Sunday so Ill leave the comparison to Bobcat, but I enjoyed the show immensely. I still like the MSG 5/20/2010 show better

I got to the garden at 4:00 and as I have already whined about, posters were sold out. I have a poster from every show that I have attended. Its kind of a thing for me. A few are already framed and I plan to frame the rest some time soon. I didnt realize they started selling them at 1:00. As I had to work, nothing I could do about that. As Icon said, a few merch guys said they would have them inside. My sister and I went to eat at Brother Jimmys and lined up to get into MSG at 6:05. 

I bust my butt to get upstairs to get a poster and jump on the first line I see. I knew immediately it was a mistake but I couldnt leave. Im on line for what seems like 5-8 minutes and I see people walk by me with no posters. They come back later as Im still in line with 4. But I couldnt get out of my spot at this point, could I? So we get down to 5 people in front of me and the guy yells out POSTERS ARE GONE. Knowing the garden well, I go sprinting up the steps in hopes that there might still be some upstairs. Lines are longer than the one I was on. At this point, I am bummed and start offering people who are only buying one poster $60 bucks if they would buy me one. Well, the poster was $35 and they keep the rest. No one would do it. They were all like, I dont want to do that to the people behind me. Stupid hippies, Im offering to buy you a poster for almost free. If they would have said give me $80, I probably would have done it. After striking out with 20 people, I ran back downstairs.

I finally get to a spot that looks like they have enough posters for everyone in the show. However, I dont feel like waiting. So I start offering people the deal again. Some old guy was like, they have a ton, just go get in line. I told him, no thanks. Nice part about having money to waste on stuff. Finally find a girl who was not on line to buy a poster. She wanted a t shirt. I offer her the $60 and she says yes. She gets off line, gives me the tube and the poster and says that she cant take the $60. I say tell me what you want.  She says $40. So it cost me $3 extra. I offered to buy her a beer and she said no. What a great girl

Get down to my seats and they are awesome. Best seats I have ever had for a show. Being small, it is always difficult to see, however, despite taller people in front of me, I had perfect vision. Ill see if I can upload the picture and post. You can check out the setlist but having Cheap Trick and Sting out on stage was fun. I dont love that Sting song, but still fun. During Porch, Eddie came out into the crowd and was literally two rows in front of me. Apparently I was on the big screen because cousins of mine said they saw me during that time. Im not star struck, but it was cool to see him that close. 

Like I said, the set list was OK, but it was the energy that they put into it that made it top notch. Just going song to song with no let down. I wasnt a big fan of the first encore as it slowed down significantly. But the last three songs were insane with the lights on the whole time (maybe they came on midway through Alive). It was a blast. I had no list of songs I wanted to hear so I was not upset. I am a bit surprised that they played many of the same songs on both nights and didnt dig too deep into their catalogue, but it didnt bother me too much. 

Hope you had fun this weekend @Bobcat10 

Minor quibble actually

I would have liked a few less covers. There were 6 of them. Obviously the two with Cheap Trick and Sting were great. But I would have prefered Just Breath for Hide your love away and I could have done without Sonic Reducer and Last Kiss. Lets get some more PJ songs at the PJ show.

Glad you scored a poster, Acer. I was watching on periscope and was actually happy to see sonic reducer, but I didn't see all the sting and cheap trick stuff... I can see how too many covers would be annoying. 

Glad you scored a poster, Acer. I was watching on periscope and was actually happy to see sonic reducer, but I didn't see all the sting and cheap trick stuff... I can see how too many covers would be annoying. 
Like I said, minor quibble. I love Sonic Reducer. But would have liked something off Avacado. World Wide Suicide or Severed Hand. Actually, Im not sure they played one song on Backspacer either

AcerFC said:
Show review: 8/10

If you went to this show expecting rarities, you probably didnt like it. If you went expecting an awesome rock n roll show, I dont think you were let down. I didnt go on Sunday so Ill leave the comparison to Bobcat, but I enjoyed the show immensely. I still like the MSG 5/20/2010 show better

I got to the garden at 4:00 and as I have already whined about, posters were sold out. I have a poster from every show that I have attended. Its kind of a thing for me. A few are already framed and I plan to frame the rest some time soon. I didnt realize they started selling them at 1:00. As I had to work, nothing I could do about that. As Icon said, a few merch guys said they would have them inside. My sister and I went to eat at Brother Jimmys and lined up to get into MSG at 6:05. 

I bust my butt to get upstairs to get a poster and jump on the first line I see. I knew immediately it was a mistake but I couldnt leave. Im on line for what seems like 5-8 minutes and I see people walk by me with no posters. They come back later as Im still in line with 4. But I couldnt get out of my spot at this point, could I? So we get down to 5 people in front of me and the guy yells out POSTERS ARE GONE. Knowing the garden well, I go sprinting up the steps in hopes that there might still be some upstairs. Lines are longer than the one I was on. At this point, I am bummed and start offering people who are only buying one poster $60 bucks if they would buy me one. Well, the poster was $35 and they keep the rest. No one would do it. They were all like, I dont want to do that to the people behind me. Stupid hippies, Im offering to buy you a poster for almost free. If they would have said give me $80, I probably would have done it. After striking out with 20 people, I ran back downstairs.

I finally get to a spot that looks like they have enough posters for everyone in the show. However, I dont feel like waiting. So I start offering people the deal again. Some old guy was like, they have a ton, just go get in line. I told him, no thanks. Nice part about having money to waste on stuff. Finally find a girl who was not on line to buy a poster. She wanted a t shirt. I offer her the $60 and she says yes. She gets off line, gives me the tube and the poster and says that she cant take the $60. I say tell me what you want.  She says $40. So it cost me $3 extra. I offered to buy her a beer and she said no. What a great girl

Get down to my seats and they are awesome. Best seats I have ever had for a show. Being small, it is always difficult to see, however, despite taller people in front of me, I had perfect vision. Ill see if I can upload the picture and post. You can check out the setlist but having Cheap Trick and Sting out on stage was fun. I dont love that Sting song, but still fun. During Porch, Eddie came out into the crowd and was literally two rows in front of me. Apparently I was on the big screen because cousins of mine said they saw me during that time. Im not star struck, but it was cool to see him that close. 

Like I said, the set list was OK, but it was the energy that they put into it that made it top notch. Just going song to song with no let down. I wasnt a big fan of the first encore as it slowed down significantly. But the last three songs were insane with the lights on the whole time (maybe they came on midway through Alive). It was a blast. I had no list of songs I wanted to hear so I was not upset. I am a bit surprised that they played many of the same songs on both nights and didnt dig too deep into their catalogue, but it didnt bother me too much. 

Hope you had fun this weekend @Bobcat10 
there's just something about basically every single person singing every song.  Love that energy.  Northeast shows are great

Good stuff above @AcerFC, I had a great time both nights.  Got pretty lit up last night too after taking it a little easier Sunday night.  Night 1 was probably a little better and definitely longer with better sound, but I think I had more "fun" night 2.  Cheap Trick and Sting coming out mid song - wowzers!  How about the sound cutting out during Porch twice?  I thought my life flashed in front of me the first time, it was so odd.

First off, the shows were obviously amazing.  It's funny to me that there are alot of people who feel PJ has been irrelevant for years.  I guess that's fine and all, more opportunity for us.  These shows were epic rock n roll, they crushed it as I knew they would.

I'm fairly disappointed in the number of repeats.  I didn't expect it on this level.  I love how Phish and My Morning Jacket don't repeat on a stand, it's the way to go IMO.  PJ clearly has the catalog to accomplish this, but I think they rarely do.  Maybe it was always in the cards because they only let 10C members win one of the shows during the lotto.  Drilling down deeper:  

1. Corduroy - first 5 both nights, I get it, gets everything going, and love this song.
  2. Mind Your Manners - 2-hole both nights, I don't get this one bit.
  3. Given to Fly - 5-hole both nights, again I get it, but IMO this should just be one night.
  4. Even Flow - mid-ish first set both nights, I've seen this so many times I'd rather just get it once.  I didn't run to the bathroom either night during it.  I have a new go to pee break song, @Tiger Fan will hang me for this, but it's Sirens.  Seems to kill the flow when it's played and I have no issues listening to it from the concourse.
  5. Jeremy - 15-hole both nights, I don't get this sorry.
  6. Small Town - different spots, don't get this, and we're in a big town lol.  
  7. Do The Evolution - late first set both nights, closed it out last night actually which surprised me a little.  Love this song like Corduroy.
  8. Porch - end main set and end 1st encore.  I don't know, again a great song, but why not Blood or something one night?
  9. Alive - 2nd encore both night, expected.
  10. Better Man - totally different spots each night, a little surprised here. I think night 2 Better Man was pretty awesome.
  11. Lightning Bolt - 2nd encore both nights, fun song but no clue here.
I think that's it, that's almost a third of a show right there.  I don't know, I don't think I'm stuck up or anything for being a little disappointed here.  People on the boards will surely say stupid stuck up New Yorkers, but hell I'm just a peon from Ohio.

Highlights for me:

Night 1 - Go batting leadoff, love that start.  Release mid-first set, awesome, like when I saw Black in the 4-hole in Milan.  I Got #### - In Hiding - Rats, killer threesome right there, In Hiding was especially great.  Why Go - Lukin - RVM to end the first set was pretty intense.  Not a huge Future Days fan, but it's pretty rare I think, and still say that encore 1 is one of best ever, surely for me in my 27 shows.  The End - Future Days - Off He Goes (hells yes) - Footsteps (hells yes) - Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns (wow) - Unthought Known (definitely a newer fav of mine) - Takin' it to the Streets (Doobs!) - Whipping (hells yes) - Better Man/SiFL - Porch.  Leading off the 2nd encore was Small Town to the back sections which is where I was.  Mike's son played RITFW again like he did when I was in Milan, Mike was taking some pics, Stone crushed it.

Night 2 - Surrender with Cheap Trick, Rick was loving it.  Saw Cheap Trick open for PJ in '98 in Barrie, so this was kinda cool.  "Man" Trilogy is always good.  Garden at the Garden, sounded great too.  Deep, now there's a deep cut, love it.  I think they played all of Ten over the two shows minus Oceans, which I thought might open night 1 because of the weather.  Leash, get out of my ####in' face!  All or None, it's criminal how rare this song is, it's so good so powerful.  It's the only PJ song I was able to cross off my list over both nights.  Very glad to have gotten it.  Present Tense, easily one of my favorites.  So this brings me to another point, what's with the crowd sitting now to start encore 1?  Certainly in my sections both nights...I think I willed everyone around me to stand I got so fired up when I heard the first chord of Present Tense.  PT - Breath - SoLaT, pretty great threesome there.  Last Kiss, just kidding lol.  STING coming out after Ed sang the first verse of Driven to Tears, that was amazing.  When it was over he bailed like the boss he is.  Sonic Reducer, love that one Acer.  Baba, smashing as always.  Agree that the end of night 2 was special with the lights on.  

No Avocado on the anniversary, not totally surprised here, thought it might get a mention though.  Inside Job would have been great in that regard.  One Riot Act song over both nights, but it was All or None so I'll take it.  ZERO, I mean ZERO, songs from Binaural over both nights.  Shocking to me.  Love that album.  Thought a Grievance might have been in store for NYC, would have chopped off a finger for Rival, maybe half a finger for God's Dice.  Mix in cuts from those albums night 2 for some of the repeats and it would have been perfect.  

All in all, I'm not trading them in at all.  Nothing, absolutely nothing, like the floor beneath you shaking all night long both nights at ####### Madison Square Garden.  What an experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I hear ya on the repeats...Especially in a place like NYC where they know they're getting a bunch of die hards.  I can't imagine being stuck in seats where people around me weren't standing for the show.  Maybe it's just me, but I'm definitely in that "stand up and sing every song out loud" guy...not in an obnoxious way, but just makes the show great.  I understand that others aren't.  Just glad I have GA for both Wrigley shows :headbang:

Yeah, I hear ya on the repeats...Especially in a place like NYC where they know they're getting a bunch of die hards.  I can't imagine being stuck in seats where people around me weren't standing for the show.  Maybe it's just me, but I'm definitely in that "stand up and sing every song out loud" guy...not in an obnoxious way, but just makes the show great.  I understand that others aren't.  Just glad I have GA for both Wrigley shows :headbang:
Logically, wouldn't it make sense that the larger the city, the more one show people would be attending?  I mean, compare that to playing two nights in St. Paul (I realize that would never happen).  There are only so many PJ fans here, so most of the people would be attending both nights.  NYC, you pulling people not only from one of the biggest cities in the world, but multiple metro areas I would imagine.  Getting two tickets would be tougher so I would expect a higher percentage of one night only people.

I heard this morning Ed was the unannounced special guest at that book signing he was talking about during msg2, at 2pm today in SOHO. Couldn't get out of work that early though. Not sure if he played a few tunes or just talked with fans. 

So they cross the border and lead off with Of The Girl, then a few song later Gods Dice. Someone is officially pooping down my throat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a buddy there, said its amazing. Bittersweet, dang. They play Ten right before msg then Binaural a couple shows later which is also a two night stand. Thanks for 11 repeats though. I wonder if it was always in the plans, or if Ed decided after postponing Tor2 to give something back to people who couldn't stay.

I'm seeing some of this on the PJ boards, more than I expected.  
Do you disagree with it?  I get that hearing an album in its entirety would be a cool thing, but it would be highly disappointing if it turned out to be one where there weren't a lot of awesome songs on it.  I generally don't take a bathroom break during concerts, but I certainly would make the time once it was apparent what was happening.

Do you disagree with it?  I get that hearing an album in its entirety would be a cool thing, but it would be highly disappointing if it turned out to be one where there weren't a lot of awesome songs on it.  I generally don't take a bathroom break during concerts, but I certainly would make the time once it was apparent what was happening.
I would have loved that show last night if it was my only of the tour.  Or for it to have been MSG2 this year.  I like Binaural though and think it's full of awesome songs.  I still haven't heard some off of it live that I want to hear.  Most under appreciated album of them all imo.

Just my two cents here:

I would classify most people who take the time to post on Pearl Jam forums as pretty big fans...in that case they have to expect the possibility of the unexpected during live performances...and that's what makes them great.  

To a general PJ fan, I'm sure there was disappointment...but to a die hard fan, I don't understand how you could be pissed.  

Just my two cents here:

I would classify most people who take the time to post on Pearl Jam forums as pretty big fans...in that case they have to expect the possibility of the unexpected during live performances...and that's what makes them great.  

To a general PJ fan, I'm sure there was disappointment...but to a die hard fan, I don't understand how you could be pissed.  
I agree with a lot of this.  I guess I'd classify myself somewhere between a general PJ fan and a die hard.  They are my favorite band by far, love most of the music, love their concerts aren't cookie cutters of just the singles and you get some different stuff every time.  But, I don't fight the stampede to get posters, I don't have a five digit fan club number, I don't analyze set lists and compare them to each other.  I just dig listening to their music.  So, I'm somewhere in between.  Binaural just isn't a good enough album for me to want to experience that.  I will say that it is the only one I would put in that category.

I agree with a lot of this.  I guess I'd classify myself somewhere between a general PJ fan and a die hard.  They are my favorite band by far, love most of the music, love their concerts aren't cookie cutters of just the singles and you get some different stuff every time.  But, I don't fight the stampede to get posters, I don't have a five digit fan club number, I don't analyze set lists and compare them to each other.  I just dig listening to their music.  So, I'm somewhere in between.  Binaural just isn't a good enough album for me to want to experience that.  I will say that it is the only one I would put in that category.
I hear ya

Got another present for you guys.  This was my distraction while I was out of town last week dealing with the fallout of my dad's passing.  Took last month's four Florida shows and squished them into one fine 700mb collection.. perfect for an mp3 CD.  Nerded out on order/flow as best I could.  Real good stuff, it's anchored primarily by the Tampa show which sounds ####### electric.  Had to trim a few, about 60 MB worth.  No Even Flow, sorry you'll have to pause the music when you go take a leak.

So this one's for you EG, but don't forget to think of our gb Tremendous Upside, who always spent a good chunk of time working down there in the penis state.  The stretch of tracks 56, 57 and especially 58 make me think of Sean.

Code:
http://ul.to/hjq8x2vv

Bump to remind myself to download this tomorrow. 

Thanks Zilla... You have no idea how great this is. I had tickets to Miami, Lauderdale, and Tampa and 48 hours before the tour opener, my MIL died suddenly from a pulmonary embolism. Necessitated an immediate flight to Salt Lake City and I had to throw all the tickets away. Went from a weekend I was looking forward to for months to one of the worst of my life. Wife is flying back there tomorrow to go through a bunch of her mom's stuff, I think this Saturday I'm going to just blast this entire thing and shotgun beers alone in my pool. Good looking out, buddy. 

Users who are viewing this thread