What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Main Set:

1. Elderly Woman

2. Last Exit

3. Hail Hail

4. Fixer

5. Amongst the waves

6. Severed Hand

7. Setting Forth

8. Corduroy

9. Given to Fly

10. Insignificance

11. Daughter

12. Glorified g

13. 1/2 full

14. Do the evolution

15. Unthought Known

16. Why go

(end of first set)

Encore:

1. Even Flow

2. Come Back

3. Sleight

4. Down

5. Black

6. Arms Aloft

7. Lukin

8. Porch

(end of encore)

Encore 2

1. Better Man

2. Crazy Mary

3. Alive

4. Indifference

Last edited by a moderator:
'Tiger Fan said:
Entitlement is the perfect word for those ####ers. I think the thing is when you see a band so many times, you've seen every song possible...multiple times. If you can't just appreciate a great show for a great show, then it's time to give this band up. The thing is, like any message boards...the vocal minority ruin it for everyone.

If you couldn't enjoy this past weekend for what it was...a celebration of the bands history...than I don't know what you're looking for.

I met a lady in the airport who had a member number of 5000 and this was her 57th show. I asked her what she thought, and she said it was great. I asked her why she kept going to the shows, and she replied "even the weakest PJ show is still better than most other shows out there." She's right. Out of the 20ish shows I've seen, I can only think of 1 where I was a bit let down. It was still a great show, but I was coming off of the Vic and 2 Spectrum shows...and there was no way it could top it. But it was still a solid show.

I'll be going on a little PJ break for awhile until the new album comes out...but those ####ers on the message boards are dead wrong. Apparantly, they wanted to see 5 hour shows each night with the debut of b-sides that don't even exist. :shrug:
:lmao: so true
And the #####ers and moaners even got a new song, a sweet EV original acoustic composition about the anniversary

Cameron Crowe and PJ on Fallon tonight. As per Fallon tweet, they'll be playing "(classics)." Not sure what that means exactly, but hopefully more than one song.

Can't wait for the "I hate those hits heavy talk show appearances" posts on the boards

Cameron Crowe and PJ on Fallon tonight. As per Fallon tweet, they'll be playing "(classics)." Not sure what that means exactly, but hopefully more than one song. Can't wait for the "I hate those hits heavy talk show appearances" posts on the boards
I'm not sure how other late night shows work, but Fallon generally has additional songs on his website that the band performs. So that will be pretty cool since I'm sure PJ will rock out some extra tunes.

Cameron Crowe and PJ on Fallon tonight. As per Fallon tweet, they'll be playing "(classics)." Not sure what that means exactly, but hopefully more than one song. Can't wait for the "I hate those hits heavy talk show appearances" posts on the boards
I'm not sure how other late night shows work, but Fallon generally has additional songs on his website that the band performs. So that will be pretty cool since I'm sure PJ will rock out some extra tunes.
Also....the pluralness of the word could be referring to the fact that they are going to be the musical guest tonight and tomorrow night.I still expect at least one or two internet only songs as well.

Looks like this may be a marathon game on NBC...make sure to record after Fallon too, unless you just plan on watching online.

Tonight's show so far:

Main Set:

1. Long Road

2. Do The Evolution

3. Once

4. Got Some

5. Faithful

6. Nothing As it Seems

7. Elderly Woman

8. Setting Forth

9. Not For You w/Modern Girl Tag

10. Given To Fly

11. Just Breathe

12. Off He Goes

13. Daughter w/it's OK Tag

14. Grievance

15. Down

16. Unthought Known

17. The Fixer

18. Porch

Encore 1:

19. Nothingman

20. Betterman w/Save it for Later Tag

21. Leatherman

22. Black

23. Rearviewmirror

Encore 2:

24: Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns :jawdrop:

25. Alive

26. RITFW (w/Neil Young onstage :jawdrop: )

So, just to recap, a FULL Chloe Dancer intro into Crown of Thorns, and Neil Young onstage playing RITFW with the band and apparently melting faces with a killer solo

What a show...Definitely going to download this mp3 folder

So, just to recap, a FULL Chloe Dancer intro into Crown of Thorns, and Neil Young onstage playing RITFW with the band and apparently melting faces with a killer soloWhat a show...Definitely going to download this mp3 folder
just checked out the reviews on the boards. Absolutely insane. Need to get this show

Just came back from toronto 1. Crowd was pretty crazy. Highlights were Long Road opener, "Man trilogy", wonderful "It's Okay" tag, but Encore 2 was just nuts, Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns then seeing Neil Young side stage we all knew he was coming out for RITFW.. I cannot explain the energy in that building during that song. It must have been 10+ minutes of sheer rocking out.

I was sitting row 7 floor on stone's side. Pretty incredible show, can't wait for tomorrow!

Just came back from toronto 1. Crowd was pretty crazy. Highlights were Long Road opener, "Man trilogy", wonderful "It's Okay" tag, but Encore 2 was just nuts, Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns then seeing Neil Young side stage we all knew he was coming out for RITFW.. I cannot explain the energy in that building during that song. It must have been 10+ minutes of sheer rocking out.I was sitting row 7 floor on stone's side. Pretty incredible show, can't wait for tomorrow!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Soooooo, awesome show in Toronto. Did I make the right decision going to Alpine........

I think so. Would have been cool to see Uncle Neil but the whole experience of the weekend was awesome.

Besides, then I would not have been able to hang out with TU and Tiger Army

Just checking in with my review for the Sunday PJ20 show. I was in Chicago for work last week, so I didn't get to get on.

I agree with the consensus that it was an awesome show. The setlist was the best I've ever seen (I've only seen 10-15 shows to compare, though).

It was a good time tailgating before the show. It's always interesting putting faces to online persoans. Good time.

BeTheMatch, pm me your address. I intended on paying you for the parking pass, but totally forgot.

So, just to recap, a FULL Chloe Dancer intro into Crown of Thorns, and Neil Young onstage playing RITFW with the band and apparently melting faces with a killer soloWhat a show...Definitely going to download this mp3 folder
just checked out the reviews on the boards. Absolutely insane. Need to get this show
Well ya...cuz they are the ####ers that didn't go to PJ20 and didn't get lucky enough to see Toledo Neil (not that there is anything wrong with either of those things). Definitely a solid looking show. Can't wait to hear. The 2nd part of the first set had to be killer, from Not For You thru Porch.

Boys are feeling feisty tonight:

01. Go

02. Animal

03. Olé

04. Hail Hail

05. In My Tree

06. Sad

07. Dissident

08. Setting Forth

09. Corduroy

10. God's Dice

11. Deep

12. Garden

13. Wishlist [dedicated to Doug Gilmour]

14. Evenflow

15. Present Tense

16. Rats

17. State Of Love And Trust

18. The Fixer {Ed talks about The West Memphis 3 and thanks the Canadians that helped support them and their cause}

19. Porch

ENCORE BREAK 1

20. Last Kiss-(Cochran) {played to audience behind the stage}

21. Just Breathe

22. I Got ####/Cinnamon Girl-(Young) {Ed sings chorus of "Cinnamon Girl"}

23. Light Years

24. Jeremy

25. Why Go

ENCORE BREAK 2

{When the band returns to the stage Stone says "Let's hear it for Eddie Vedder"}

26. Do The Evolution

27. Alive

28. Kick Out The Jams w/ Mark Arm & Steve Turner of Mudhoney-(Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner)

29. Baba O'Riley-(Townshend)

30. Yellow Ledbetter

Toronto 2. Moved up a few seats to center stage row 7. Very high energy show from the band although they did have a few mistakes throughout the night, the most notable of which was when stone messed up on God's Dice and Ed just shot him a look. :P

Ole was cool to see live, a good up tempo number that worked well in that setlist. The crowd seemed pretty into it as well.

Oceans was supposed to open but Go was inserted at the last minute. I have only seen oceans once and I was really hoping to see it yesterday.. Oh well!

Crowd around me was really expecting to see Cornell or Neil, neither were there, but we got a decent Kick Out The Jams with the guys from Mudhoney.

Not as good as night 1, but a really energy packed night!

Hamilton on Thursday!!!

'AcerFC said:
'Tremendous Upside said:
Excellent quality version of Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns from Toronto 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STpLLIQU89gGB the innerwebs
I never really got into Mother Love Bone :shrug:I liked Green River much better
I'm the opposite. Love MLB, not as into Green River.

'Tremendous Upside said:
Excellent quality version of Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns from Toronto 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STpLLIQU89gGB the innerwebs
Fantastic.And RITFW is insane! Not as good quality, but insane nonetheless...http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=k3js_5ixCUQ

Tonight's Set:

Blood >> Whipping >> Corduroy = AWESOME

1. Small Town

2. Last Exit

3. Do The Evolution

4. MFC

5. Unthought Known

6. Low Light

7. Given to Fly

8. Setting Forth

9. Blood

10. Whipping

11. Corduroy

12. Even Flow

13. Grievance

14. Lukin

15. Breath

16. Wishlist

17. Ole

18. 1/2 Full

19. Betterman/Save It For Later Tag

Encore 1:

20. The End

21. Inside Job

22. Just Breathe

23. Off He Goes

24. Why Go

25. The Fixer

26. RVM

Encore 2:

27. Come Back

28. The Real Me

29. Alive

30. Yellow Ledbetter

Love the main set, neither encore excites me a ton

PJ20 was great by the way, not much to add that hasn't been covered. EXCEPT the fact that I remember a damn funny moment from the first night where a certain FBG face-planted down the steep incline that's been mentioned here. Thank god it was grass. :lmao:

You know how -- when people are learning to ski -- they cross their tips and fall forward? Then they slide on their stomach down the mountain? And their legs kind of cross up behind them, high in the air? Yep, it's the greatest thing ever. But I've never seen it at a concert.

I really am laughing out loud right now trying to type this.

I'm gonna leave it right there for now... :lmao: :lmao:

PJ20 was great by the way, not much to add that hasn't been covered. EXCEPT the fact that I remember a damn funny moment from the first night where a certain FBG face-planted down the steep incline that's been mentioned here. Thank god it was grass. :lmao:You know how -- when people are learning to ski -- they cross their tips and fall forward? Then they slide on their stomach down the mountain? And their legs kind of cross up behind them, high in the air? Yep, it's the greatest thing ever. But I've never seen it at a concert.I really am laughing out loud right now trying to type this.I'm gonna leave it right there for now... :lmao: :lmao:
Ha, my knee STILL hurts from thatThat was a STEEP inclineSteep + Slick as #### from rain + 6+ hrs of drinking = wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!Just as a point of reference, here's almost exactly where TF and I stood Night 2:http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/184641_10150095665222339_47019757338_6507970_4835108_n.jpgAnd the pitch there is NOTHING compared to the incline up at the top where I was

Im listening to Alpine Night 1. What a different show it is. I have been listening to a lot of shows thanks to the sirius station and for the most part, they all seem to follow a formula. This one is so different. I think it is the perfect compliment to what they played on Sunday.

Just two awesome nights that I find myself still thinking about. I really wished I could have been at Toronto 1 also. Cant win em all though. My cousin asked me if I wanted tix for the Big 4 at Yankee Stadium the other day and I passed. Wasnt like it was PJ or anything

I found a theater in NJ that I can go see the Documentary but its over an hour away. I might just wait for the DVD although I really want to go on the 20th.

Tonight's set:

Main Set:

1. Given to Fly

2. The Fixer

3. Severed Hand

4. Corduroy

5. Hail Hail

6. U

7. Immortality

8. Setting Forth

9. Not for You

10. Ole

11. Even Flow

12. Cropduster

13. Daughter/Blitzkrieg Bop

14. Habit

15. Push Me, Pull Me

16. Just Breathe

17. Jeremy

18. Why Go

Encore:

19. Nothingman (Talks about Joey Ramone)

20. I Remember You (Ramones) (7th anniversary of Johnny Ramone's death)

21. Betterman

22. Black

23. SOLAT

24. Porch

Encore 2:

25. Brain of J

26. Unthought Known

27. Crazy Mary

28. Search and Destroy (The Stooges) (with Mudhoney)

29. Alive

30. Yellow Ledbetter

Im listening to Alpine Night 1. What a different show it is. I have been listening to a lot of shows thanks to the sirius station and for the most part, they all seem to follow a formula. This one is so different. I think it is the perfect compliment to what they played on Sunday.Just two awesome nights that I find myself still thinking about.
Yes, I agree! re: night 1 - I was trying to explain the run in the mid first set to my two friends that had to cancel at the last second and I was having a hard time with it. I ended up just telling them they gotta look at the set (and show). Sometimes the PJ "formula" gets a little complex and it certainly makes unique shows every night (or 99% of the time)...but night 1 was just off the wall awesome.I'm just now finally getting around to listening to Alpine Night 2 (the night I remember less of :banned: ). Greatness. I have a feeling I'm going to be tossing comments up here for a long time about these two shows. My PJ hangover is still lingering...usually it doesn't last this long. These were so much fun.And I just took a dive into the binder and realized how many new songs I heard. There were 13 (not counting the Cornell solos, only counting Hunger) out of 50-60 something songs played...which is pretty amazing knowing that I'm now up to over 160+ unique songs.

Agreed Bobcat...the whole experience was stellar

Been listening to the two nights a bunch since then also (thanks 1 hr commute each way!) and there is so much to dig into and digest

Can't wait for a fully mixed boot (although those audience recordings had tremendous quality IMO)

Loved hearing LBC again Night 2 after too long of an absence

Users who are viewing this thread