What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL Red Dead Redemption 2 Thread***aka AHRN'S MURDER HOBO ADVENTURE: HUNTS ELK AND PLAYS POKER (3 Viewers)

I’m slowing down. This happens a lot to me in the longer games, I just want to finish the story and knock it out. It’s not that I haven’t enjoyed it, but at times I wish I could just click on a mission and start it instead of having to travel to each one.  There are times I want to take it all in and times when I just want to make progress. 

Blasted a guy up close with the semi auto shotgun last night and his head flew clean off and he staggered backwards for a few seconds with no head. 

Wife said the baby has to be in the other room now. 🙄

Blasted a guy up close with the semi auto shotgun last night and his head flew clean off and he staggered backwards for a few seconds with no head. 

In the last week, have really been leaning on the semi-auto shotgun, which may not be the consensus best gun in the game favored by the masses (seems to be Lancaster or Lichtfield repeater), but damn is it fun to use.

As a result, have left piles of bodies with limbs, hands, and feet lying a few feet away from their corpses in a wet, mangled mess, corpses with vaporized heads at the neck, and my favorite -- 3/4 blown away heads where all that remains is a vague 1/5th quarter circle of head barely hanging on by the neck.

Disgustingly cool.

I mean the door to the backroom inside the Dr's office.  Sorry I wasn't clear.  
Coming back to specifically thank you, @Poke_4_Life -- this was the only tip that worked, and completed it in last night's run.

Was a little unintuitive to use right trigger aim to bring up the feature to rob the back door or the register -- normally when you hit LT, you get the option to rob, and was hesitant to hit RT to aim as it usually ends up with me quick-firing on the guy (which indeed happened the first time I tried with the doctor -- good thing for manual save points!).

First attempt, I didn't kill the doctor before going into the room, and got into a delayed shootout with the woman in the room, ending up spending too much time in the room such that multiple law men swarmed in and outside the office.

I could see this was going to lead to a very costly bounty if I did manage to get out alive.

So started up the save point again, blew the doctor and everyone else inside away ASAP, had time to loot everything and everyone (including ammo box and safe), and only had to kill one lawman before escaping with bullets whizzing by my ears.

Ended up with a bounty of only $1.25 or $1.50 -- pretty awesome.

Solid adrenaline rush. 

Is there a reason why "Rob the Doctor's office in Valentine" remains in your log after you complete it? I noticed this with some of the side companion missions in camp as well (i.e. when I give the Naval Compass to Pearson after he asks me for it, it still persists in the log too).

In the last week, have really been leaning on the semi-auto shotgun, which may not be the consensus best gun in the game favored by the masses (seems to be Lancaster or Lichtfield repeater), but damn is it fun to use.

As a result, have left piles of bodies with limbs, hands, and feet lying a few feet away from their corpses in a wet, mangled mess, corpses with vaporized heads at the neck, and my favorite -- 3/4 blown away heads where all that remains is a vague 1/5th quarter circle of head barely hanging on by the neck.

Disgustingly cool.
It’s wild. 

I think the Lancaster is my favorite for just a general go-to. Use it all the time. 

It’s wild. 

I think the Lancaster is my favorite for just a general go-to. Use it all the time. 
Don't have the Lichtfield yet so don't know how that stacks up. but aside from wishing the Lancaster's damage rate was higher (requires two hits to kill), I agree that it's the most versatile in confrontation. Great balance of range, firing speed, and stopping power.

My typical loadout (when not using specific weapons geared to bringing down a perfect animals) is:

On horse: dual-wield Midnight's Mauser and Calloway revolver for pistols; Varmint and Springfield rifles for long arms

Off horse: same dual wielded pistols, but occasionally swap out the revolver for a Schofield or double-action to build affinity with the weapons. For long arms, the Lancaster and either semi-auto or pump action (I favor the semi-auto but my pump seems to have slightly better damage stats).

Don't have the Lichtfield yet so don't know how that stacks up. but aside from wishing the Lancaster's damage rate was higher (requires two hits to kill), I agree that it's the most versatile in confrontation. Great balance of range, firing speed, and stopping power.

My typical loadout (when not using specific weapons geared to bringing down a perfect animals) is:

On horse: dual-wield Midnight's Mauser and Calloway revolver for pistols; Varmint and Springfield rifles for long arms

Off horse: same dual wielded pistols, but occasionally swap out the revolver for a Schofield or double-action to build affinity with the weapons. For long arms, the Lancaster and either semi-auto or pump action (I favor the semi-auto but my pump seems to have slightly better damage stats).
Have you got the volcanic yet? It’s awesome. 

I spent most of my money on this game on tricking out my weapons. Made a huge difference. 

Whay is there no :lmao: reaction?

Last edited by a moderator:

Disgustingly cool.
It annoys me so much that the game changes my standard loadout (bolt action rifle and repeater shotgun) on some missions. And load me with "regular". F the lancaster repeater. F the regular. I want to kill bastards with one shot, and the repeater with slugs does that most times. One of my biggest gripes with this game

Have you got the volcanic yet? It’s awesome. 

I spent most of my money on this game on tricking out my weapons. Made a huge difference. 
I do have that one, and I love it as well. Just find that rate of fire and reload speed often matter, and volcanic is definitely slower compared to others, especially as you customize. 

And definitely spending where i can on blinging out my weapons. Barrel length, rifling, sights, adding engraving and inlays, swapping out metals and adding wraps. The only thing I don't really spend on is upgrading stocks or varnishes as the differences to my eyes are minimal, and don't seem to impact performance like other customization does.

I am looking forward to getting my hands on some rare versions of guns that are out there in the world, as well as improving my skill with tomahawks and throwing knives, both of which I don't really ever use.

I just used the stock guns. Never really seen the point or need to upgrade. Shooting is auto aim and most enemies take one or two shots to kill depending on where you shoot them. :shrug:

I was playing a few nights ago and I was at the Emerald train station...pull in with my horse and get off. I turn around and there's a dog sniffing on the train tracks. No sooner do I take a couple steps off my horse does a train pull right into the station and eviscerates the dog. All you hear is a quick squeal and blood shoots out from under the train.

I sit there  :o

Seconds after, life resumes amidst a competitive dominoes game under the roof of Emerald Station.
Trains have taken at least three horses from me.

Anyone else bump into people with your horse, or accidentally point a gun at people you wanna talk to?
I was walking around with my mask on. People are yelling.  The law threatens me I diffuse. And start walking away. I have a $5 bounty but the law is just pointing a gun at me and I'm calmly walking away.  I press Y to mount my horse but someone is next to the horse I and up grappling them and all hell breaks loose.    :lmao:

I was walking around with my mask on. People are yelling.  The law threatens me I diffuse. And start walking away. I have a $5 bounty but the law is just pointing a gun at me and I'm calmly walking away.  I press Y to mount my horse but someone is next to the horse I and up grappling them and all hell breaks loose.    :lmao:
I crafted a homing tomahawk and wanted to test it on a telephone pole just outside St Denis. Did so, got witnessed and wanted for vandalism. Even had bounty hunters on me when I broke town trying to get away. 

So on a TOTALLY UNRELATED question, any negative repercussions if you wipe out the entire town of Van Horn?   Besides losing 1/4 of the Honor bar, that is.
I had been wanting to try this since reading this post and the answers is NONE.  And, it rendered quite the windfall if you are willing kill everyone and everything; including the horses (the saddle bags were stocked well).  I used the upstairs of the burned out building on the north side of town to soften things up with a sniper rifle.  As the town disceded on me I flopped to a rifle.  As they started to get to the building, I double fisted double barrel sawed off shot guns and removed some heads at the bottom of the stairs.  After round one of looting, I went through the buildings tomahawking drunken bums to save ammo.  As folks roll though town, they are next and I never became wanted.  One thing I didn't do was go in the bar as that always seems to create too much trouble for me.  

Loading this game as we speak. 

I had two PS4s already in the house--one in my daughter's room and one in our main room. I just transformed our den into a gaming room (thank you wonderful wife) and I didn't want the hassle of having to disconnect the PS4 in the main room every time I wanted to game, so the wife bought me another 1 tb PS4 for Xmas with this game. So excited to play it after hearing all the hype around it even though  I never played the first one.  She also got me Witcher 3 so I think I am probably good for six months worth of gaming here.

Loading this game as we speak. 

I had two PS4s already in the house--one in my daughter's room and one in our main room. I just transformed our den into a gaming room (thank you wonderful wife) and I didn't want the hassle of having to disconnect the PS4 in the main room every time I wanted to game, so the wife bought me another 1 tb PS4 for Xmas with this game. So excited to play it after hearing all the hype around it even though  I never played the first one.  She also got me Witcher 3 so I think I am probably good for six months worth of gaming here.
I would think you need to watch a video summary of the first game. This is a prequel but the main character of the first game plays a prominent role here as well.  Anyone disagree?

I would think you need to watch a video summary of the first game. This is a prequel but the main character of the first game plays a prominent role here as well.  Anyone disagree?
IDK.  The game is still fun to play if you don't know who JM is. Watching a 5 min video isn't going to make you feel connected to him.  I would just play, who cares.

Can I play online with a buddy, and just do missions as our own gang, but without being destroyed by younger smarter gamers?

We like to hang out and play games like Tomb Raider, just switching back and forth whenever we die, but it doesn’t work well with single player RDR2

I played the first game 8 years ago and barely remember it. I dont think its necessary.

Soooo I finished chapter 6. 

Is diving into the epilogue immediately a necessity or am I good to play it almost as a DLC later on?  I enjoyed the game, but I’m also a bit burnt out at the moment. 

The scene where Arthur 

thanks his horse was well done and sad but also taken away a little by the fact I’ve killed like 14 previous horses by running them into rocks and trees

I'm in a rut. I think that I'm near the end of Chapter 6, but I have no idea. And I am losing interest. I pretty much shoot everyone I come into contact with now. Think I had close to $4K, and now I'm down to $1500 from all of the fines.

I'm in a rut. I think that I'm near the end of Chapter 6, but I have no idea. And I am losing interest. I pretty much shoot everyone I come into contact with now. Think I had close to $4K, and now I'm down to $1500 from all of the fines.
It was the same for me, I blazed through Chapter 6 as fast as I could. Rockstar games would be better served with better story pacing in the future. I could have done completely without chapter 4 and honestly 5 and 6 were just exaggerated storylines from chapters 2 and 3. 

Also give me the option to click on a mission on the map and just go there. 

So I took the option...

to protect John at the end. What happens if you send Arthur to go get the money instead?

For RDR1 I really enjoyed roaming the map post story.  Having plowed missions in RDR2 and missing a some side stuff, I was debating starting over.  Instead, I am using the map provided earlier in the thread:

https://rdr2map.com/

To roam the map, with purpose.  I've been "cheating" my way through the Dream Catchers and Dinosaur Bones.  Each are rather different in placement.  The Dream Catchers are placed in a "I've been through here a 100 times, how did I miss that" sort of way.  Whereas, the bones are more in an out of the way, give you spectacular views manner (the ones on the northern part of the map are amazing).  The bones have taken me places I have never been and I really thought I had covered most of the map.  Prior to going after the bones, I highly recommend stocking up on horse reviver.  If I do not tire of these, I'll like do the cigarette cards too.

So I took the option...

to protect John at the end. What happens if you send Arthur to go get the money instead?
I chose that option because I was deliberately trying to be "bad."  Here's what happens:

Micah confronts you after you find the money.  The two of you get into a knife fight, which he wins.  He stabs you in the back, killing you, while you're trying to crawl away.

Are hey kidding with the beginning of this epilogue? Maybe they didn’t need 7 years to make this. Just take 5 and leave out John birthing cows and scooping ####. 
Yeah, I milked a cow and shoveled some crap, then decided it was time to take a break from the game. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread