What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official SNF Game Thread - Giants @ Cowboys (1 Viewer)

I still wouldn't keep a 4 career catch guy on my fantasy roster and brag about it over and over.

He dropped a catchable ball today and didn't show anything today that looked like he will ever be fantasy relevant.  But keep holding on, we all know your connection with him is about more than just your fantasy team now. 
:yawn:

I still wouldn't keep a 4 career catch guy on my fantasy roster and brag about it over and over.

He dropped a catchable ball today and didn't show anything today that looked like he will ever be fantasy relevant.  But keep holding on, we all know your connection with him is about more than just your fantasy team now. 
Catchable ball? LOL. That would’ve been a tremendous catch, but he technically did get his hands on it. Just too high.

You need to quit worrying about Rico & take a closer look at why you took Goedert in the 2nd. 

I like him as a prospect, decent potential, but it was a pipe dream to believe he was going to transform your offense with 12 personnel like I heard some of you guys say.

Like I said when you drafted Goedert, he’s a backup. He’ll be most helpful if Ertz goes down, but I thought a backup TE that early was a really odd pick.

Ya, I'm not necessarily saying they should have gone with a qb THIS year.  They got their generational talent and that can be debated but it's not the worst move at all.  Just saying if Eli fails to win them more than 4 games this year, they shouldn't pass up on a qb with THAT top 5 pick.
I hope if it's looking that bad, they can take a long look at Lauletta.  Some talking heads liked him right in there with the top QBs in the draft.

I hope if it's looking that bad, they can take a long look at Lauletta.  Some talking heads liked him right in there with the top QBs in the draft.
I thought it was odd you guys cut Webb. I thought he easily beat out Lauletta.

To me, Lauletta doesn’t have a high ceiling. Kind of a gamer, but limited arm talent.

Catchable ball? LOL. That would’ve been a tremendous catch, but he technically did get his hands on it. Just too high.

You need to quit worrying about Rico & take a closer look at why you took Goedert in the 2nd. 

I like him as a prospect, decent potential, but it was a pipe dream to believe he was going to transform your offense with 12 personnel like I heard some of you guys say.

Like I said when you drafted Goedert, he’s a backup. He’ll be most helpful if Ertz goes down, but I thought a backup TE that early was a really odd pick.
"I like him as a prospect" has literally been posted by you 15 times.  Come up with some new material dude. 

I don't think any of us said he was going to instantly transform our offense.  First year TE's rarely make much impact.  He'd likely be getting a lot more work on a TE desperate team like Dallas but unfortunately you never got the opportunity to draft him. 

And this has nothing to do with him.  You seem to like deflecting any cowboys talk to a "oh ya, well your team sucks!".  It's pretty stale.

Geodert will be a better TE than Rico will be.  You still are sticking to your claim that "TE wasn't even on our radar since we have Rico on this team", which is nuts.  If Garrett really did go into the draft with that notion, he should be fired before even you say he should be. 

Don't know a ton about the guy but I don't really see him as their future.  The chances of hitting on a franchise QB outside the top 5 are very rare.  The chances of building a good Oline without using a top 5 pick on one are very high.  Take the QB, build the Oline in rounds 2, 3, 4, FA, etc.  Unless of course they win 6+ games this year and want to keep Eli as the short term future.

I thought it was odd you guys cut Webb. I thought he easily beat out Lauletta.

To me, Lauletta doesn’t have a high ceiling. Kind of a gamer, but limited arm talent.
Maybe.  But that doesn't mean he's not a Case Keenum and that but work with the offensive skill players the Giants already have.

As for Webb, I thought he had a shot to develop but I he was a pick from he "last administration" so the new guys apparently wanted to move on.

"I like him as a prospect" has literally been posted by you 15 times.  Come up with some new material dude. 

I don't think any of us said he was going to instantly transform our offense.  First year TE's rarely make much impact.  He'd likely be getting a lot more work on a TE desperate team like Dallas but unfortunately you never got the opportunity to draft him. 

And this has nothing to do with him.  You seem to like deflecting any cowboys talk to a "oh ya, well your team sucks!".  It's pretty stale.

Geodert will be a better TE than Rico will be.  You still are sticking to your claim that "TE wasn't even on our radar since we have Rico on this team", which is nuts.  If Garrett really did go into the draft with that notion, he should be fired before even you say he should be. 
Same old stuff.

Take the first shot & then get offended when somebody lights you up.

Whatever. Like I said, sometimes I can’t resist, LOL.

Impartial observations of the nfc east. 

Eagles will win it but have to get wentz healthy to do any playoff damage against real teams. 

Wash and Dal are middling and might on occasion look like real nfl teams. 

Giants are loaded at skill positions and their lb look good, empty everywhere else. Coach and front office picture not looking bright. 
On the Giants I agree and I could see them actually being good in the second half of the season. 

On the Cowboys, maybe. Their defense is good for now but they have a bunch of crap at the skill positions sans Zeke, a beat up line that will never be as good as they were two years ago, and terrible team management. They might win eight games but I doubt it. 

The Redskins have brutal personnel, the worst management in the sport, a game manager as a QB, a coach that regrets he took the job, and a 90 year old RB who likely will be done by week 6. They were punched in the mouth at home today by an 8 win team while watching the team they beat in week one get throttled. 

IMO if the Eagles win 10 games, they win the division going away. It’s bad. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Same old stuff.

Take the first shot & then get offended when somebody lights you up.

Whatever. Like I said, sometimes I can’t resist, LOL.
Lights me up? LOL.  Not sure how in your dream world that happened.  In FootballJones' world, Rico is a star TE, Goedert was an awful pick, and Dallas is a good football team.  Anyone that says otherwise is wrong and you'll stick to these predictions stubbornly regardless of how it shakes out in real life.  "Same Old Stuff" ... pot calling the kettle black.

Anyways, we can drop this.  Your blind-love isn't going to accept reality.  Enjoy the win, it was the biggest one for the boys in a very long time.

Hey, what was that noise?

Nevermind, it was just Fitzmagic torching the Eagles secondary again.

Bwahahaha

;)

Lights me up? LOL.  Not sure how in your dream world that happened.  In FootballJones' world, Rico is a star TE, Goedert was an awful pick, and Dallas is a good football team.  Anyone that says otherwise is wrong and you'll stick to these predictions stubbornly regardless of how it shakes out in real life.  "Same Old Stuff" ... pot calling the kettle black.

Anyways, we can drop this.  Your blind-love isn't going to accept reality.  Enjoy the win, it was the biggest one for the boys in a very long time.
I’ve had my fun, as well.

Til next time.

On the Giants I agree and I could see them actually being good in the second half of the season. 

On the Cowboys, maybe. Their defense is good for now but they have a bunch of crap at the skill positions sans Zeke, a beat up line that will never be as good as they were two years ago, and terrible team management. They might win right games but I doubt it. 

The Redskins have brutal personnel, the worst management in the sport, a game manager as a QB, a coach that regrets he took the job, and a 90 year old RB who likely will be done by week 6. They were punched in the mouth at home today by an 8 win team while watching the team they beat in week one get throttled. 

IMO if the Eagles win 10 games, they win the division going away. It’s bad. 
An even better look at it here.  Not sure I buy the Giants thing, but I guess of all the non eagles teams, they have the best shot at their offense actually clicking and doing something.  Washington seemed to take a major nosedive today.  People were all over them last week.

Don't know a ton about the guy but I don't really see him as their future.  The chances of hitting on a franchise QB outside the top 5 are very rare.  The chances of building a good Oline without using a top 5 pick on one are very high.  Take the QB, build the Oline in rounds 2, 3, 4, FA, etc.  Unless of course they win 6+ games this year and want to keep Eli as the short term future.
Tom Brady - pick 199
Derek Carr - pick 36
Aaron Rodgers - pick 24
Matt Ryan - pick 3
Matthew Stafford - pick 1 
Andrew Luck - pick 1
Carson Wentz - pick 2

Russell Wilson - pick 75
Dak Prescott - pick 135
Jarad Goff - pick 1
Cam Newton - pick 1

Drew Brees - pick 32
Phillip Rivers - pick 4
Ben Roesthlisberger - pick 11

I was interested so I listed out the franchise QBs that came to mind (nothing scientific about how I picked which guys are "franchise QBs" - just a 'by my gut' assessment that may be missing some guys and I intentionally left out the rookies because we don't know how they will turn out yet).

From my (very) unscientific list here, it looks like it is helpful to be a top 5 pick but entirely not necessary.  It seems that hitting a franchise QB outside the top 5 isn't only not "very rare", it is rather common. 

That's not to say a good chunk of franchise QBs come from the top 5 (half my list) but it doesn't seem necessary.

One thing that hurts for the people killing the Giants D... Oliver Vernon has been out since the preseason high a high-ankle sprain, he's the only legit pass rusher they have. Eli Apple (who has been real solid at CB) was out since the 2nd quarter with a groin injury, which is why you saw BW Webb at corner. Giants got little pass rush and now the secondary suddenly was vulnerable. Again, Giants need to address line communication to protect Eli and hopefully get healthier. The Giants have lost 3 CBs now to injury, they aren't that deep in the secondary.

Tom Brady - pick 199
Derek Carr - pick 36
Aaron Rodgers - pick 24
Matt Ryan - pick 3
Matthew Stafford - pick 1 
Andrew Luck - pick 1
Carson Wentz - pick 2

Russell Wilson - pick 75
Dak Prescott - pick 135
Jarad Goff - pick 1
Cam Newton - pick 1

Drew Brees - pick 32
Phillip Rivers - pick 4
Ben Roesthlisberger - pick 11

I was interested so I listed out the franchise QBs that came to mind (nothing scientific about how I picked which guys are "franchise QBs" - just a 'by my gut' assessment that may be missing some guys and I intentionally left out the rookies because we don't know how they will turn out yet).

From my (very) unscientific list here, it looks like it is helpful to be a top 5 pick but entirely not necessary.  It seems that hitting a franchise QB outside the top 5 isn't only not "very rare", it is rather common. 

That's not to say a good chunk of franchise QBs come from the top 5 (half my list) but it doesn't seem necessary.
When I saw your list, I thought you were going to agree they needed to use top 5.  If you're looking for "top 5 vs the field" then that's not a fair comparison as the number of picks is like 10X that.  If you made a list of the QB FLOPS and highlighted the ones taken in the top 5 vs the rest of the draft, your highlighted list would barely even register on that list.  The odds of landing one in the top 5 is ASTRONOMICALLY higher than landing one later.  For every Drew Brees and Russel WIlson, there's 20 or 30 2nd/3rd round guys who didn't make an impact in the league. 

You take the 20% shot of landing one in the top 5 over the 10% shot of landing one in round 2/3 every single time if you are fortunate enough to get the chance to.

When I saw your list, I thought you were going to agree they needed to use top 5.  If you're looking for "top 5 vs the field" then that's not a fair comparison as the number of picks is like 10X that.  If you made a list of the QB FLOPS and highlighted the ones taken in the top 5 vs the rest of the draft, your highlighted list would barely even register on that list.  The odds of landing one in the top 5 is ASTRONOMICALLY higher than landing one later.  For every Drew Brees and Russel WIlson, there's 20 or 30 2nd/3rd round guys who didn't make an impact in the league. 

You take the 20% shot of landing one in the top 5 over the 10% shot of landing one in round 2/3 every single time if you are fortunate enough to get the chance to.
... or you can use the stats to say use a 1st round pick and get a 65% change. 

... or you can use the stats to say use a 1st round pick and get a 65% change. 
Not following you here.

But again, there's loads of much better statistics on the subject than I'm giving, and the consensus is that the odds of landing one in the top 5 are WAY higher than hoping for a once in a decade dart throw in the third that turns out to be a Russel Wilson.  Too many teams have passed on one in the top 5 in hopes of getting one in the 2nd/3rd round and had it backfire.  It's just not a formula that works very often at all.  If Eli sucks and it's a bottom 5 team, I assure you they're drafting a qb top 5.

Not following you here.

But again, there's loads of much better statistics on the subject than I'm giving, and the consensus is that the odds of landing one in the top 5 are WAY higher than hoping for a once in a decade dart throw in the third that turns out to be a Russel Wilson.  Too many teams have passed on one in the top 5 in hopes of getting one in the 2nd/3rd round and had it backfire.  It's just not a formula that works very often at all.  If Eli sucks and it's a bottom 5 team, I assure you they're drafting a qb top 5.
What I'm saying is the more natural "break point" is looking at having a much greater chance of getting a "franchise QB" by picking one in the first round rather than segmenting the first round into "top 5" vs the rest of the round.

What I'm saying is the more natural "break point" is looking at having a much greater chance of getting a "franchise QB" by picking one in the first round rather than segmenting the first round into "top 5" vs the rest of the round.
Top 5 vs rest of the first round makes it even more obvious.  Top 5 picks are significantly more often franchise QBs than the rest of the first round.  If a QB slips out of the top 5, its pretty tough to be a franchise QB.  They usually slip for a reason.   There are top 5 busts for sure, but if you're QB needy (which NYG will be if Eli leads them to under 5 wins this year), and you have a pick up there, you don't mess around... you take one.  Just ask Cleveland. 

Users who are viewing this thread