What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (2 Viewers)

To be fair, a lot of these rounds were really close and could've gone either way, but GGG seemed to have the edge in all of the close rounds.  Giving all of them to Canelo just seems weird.

Seems pretty staged for the rematch since Lampley mentioned it about 1 minute after the decision was read. What a joke, 118-110? Seriously? Over/under handjobs Kellerman gives to Canelo late night?

neither of us won.  i'll send back your money.  fuuuuuuuuuuck
When I watch it, looks like I will think you won.  I can't rebate a draw but I would have a bs win on my side.   We all know Conor had at least 2 out of 3 first rounds at least but got one on one card.  It is bs or the general/big boxing fan has no idea how boxing is scored or it is corrupt as hell.

2 non  Mexicans at my house had Canelo even. Said Canelo punches were bigger. Not sure about that. 
What were the other score cards?  Canelo definitely seemed to land some good power, but GGG matched him and had activity, aggression and jabs in his favor.

When I watch it, looks like I will think you won.  I can't rebate a draw but I would have a bs win on my side.   We all know Conor had at least 2 out of 3 first rounds at least but got one on one card.  It is bs or the general/big boxing fan has no idea how boxing is scored or it is corrupt as hell.
judges are a part of boxing.  We pushed the bet. Great fight either way.  Maybe we can do it again on the rematch.

If Conor won any rounds something's off.

2 non  Mexicans at my house had Canelo even. Said Canelo punches were bigger. Not sure about that. 
I could see how people would see it that way, to be honest.  Canelo threw with more power.  I don't think his punches landed as well as the crowd did, and GGG countered effectively, but I could see how people looking for the big punch would've given a few more rounds to Canelo.  He fights a very viewer-friendly style.  Sits on the ropes and picks his spots while GGG picks him apart punch-by-punch.

I could see how people would see it that way, to be honest.  Canelo threw with more power.  I don't think his punches landed as well as the crowd did, and GGG countered effectively, but I could see how people looking for the big punch would've given a few more rounds to Canelo.  He fights a very viewer-friendly style.  Sits on the ropes and picks his spots while GGG picks him apart punch-by-punch.
I'm not sure i agree with any of this. GGG was the aggressor with more power. 

Users who are viewing this thread