What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Sweet Science Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I was looking up the pay per view price for this fight and saw it was $80.

Is that what most premier pay per views are going for these days?

Seems high. I was expecting $40 to $50.
Unfortunately that’s inflation on these this days. Also I think it’s largely because less people order so they have to keep profits up by really milking the hardcore fight fans. That said, this is a big one. 2 legit fantastic heavyweights with personalities to match facing off in a heated rematch.

Unfortunately that’s inflation on these this days. Also I think it’s largely because less people order so they have to keep profits up by really milking the hardcore fight fans. That said, this is a big one. 2 legit fantastic heavyweights with personalities to match facing off in a heated rematch.
It's going to be like MMA, though isn't it?  They won't fight till 12 et/9 pt at the earliest?

Thoughts on their weights?

Im a little surprised Fury is coming in this heavy.

The 6-feet-7 Wilder weighed a career-high 231 pounds when he stepped on the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s scale at MGM Grand Garden Arena. Wilder weighed only 212½ pounds, the WBC heavyweight champion’s lowest weight since his pro debut in November 2008, the day before he fought Fury in December 2018 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Wilder’s previous high was 229 pounds, for victories over Eric Molina and Damon McCreary in June 2015 and September 2012, respectively.

The 6-feet-9 Fury weighed 273 pounds Friday, 16½ pounds more than the 256½ pounds he officially weighed for their first fight. The most he has weighed for pro fight is 276 pounds, for his comeback bout against Sefer Seferi in June 2018.

Sounds like both are looking to end it early with a KO. Also some rumors Fury has an issue with a cut so he may feel he needs to go for broke early. 
It is also wilders heaviest which is a risk.  But its probably a good thing as he couldnt have given up even more weight and he looked shredded.  I read last fight he had near this weight he put dude out for like 7 mins.  :shock:

Looking forward to seeing this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It is also wilders heaviest which is a risk.  But its probably a good thing as he couldnt have given up even more weight and he looked shredded.  I read last fight he had near this weight he put dude out for like 7 mins.  :shock:

Looking forward to seeing this. 
I am sure it also stuck with him that last fight he delivered what he was certain was a the kill shot in the 12th and Fury got up and shook it right off. 

I was just listening to Timothy Bradley and he's saying Fury's playing mind games with the weight. He said he's been drinking over 3 gallons of water a day and most likely comes into the ring tonight in the low 260's

Im planning on doing the theater thing for $20 for the first time, pretty stoked. I havent even looked at the undercard yet, anything good?!

Title fight: Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury, rematch, 12 rounds, for Wilder's WBC and Fury's lineal heavyweight title

Charles Martin vs. Gerald Washington, 12 rounds, IBF heavyweight eliminator

Title fight: Emanuel Navarrete vs. Jeo Tupas Santisima, 12 rounds, for Navarrete's WBO junior featherweight title

Sebastian Fundora vs. Daniel Lewis, 10 rounds, junior middleweights

Subriel Matias vs. Petros Ananyan, 8 or 10 rounds, junior welterweights

Amir Imam vs. Javier Molina, 8 or 10 rounds, welterweights

Rolando Romero vs. Arturs Ahmetovs, 8 rounds, lightweights

Gabriel Flores Jr. vs. Matt Conway, 8 rounds, junior lightweights

Vito Mielnicki Jr. vs. Corey Champion, 4 rounds, welterweights

Isaac Lowe vs. Alberto Guevara, 8 or 10 rounds, featherweights

Kevin Iole  @KevinI

Fury will make his ringwalk no earlier than 8:15 p.m. PT tonight. It could push to as late as 9:10 p.m. PT depending upon how the undercard bouts go.

What time is this supposed to start (ballpark)? At my in-laws 30 minutes from home, need to time this good and my wife doesn’t want to leave yet.

Up Next

Title fight: Emanuel Navarrete vs. Jeo Tupas Santisima, 12 rounds, for Navarrete's WBO junior featherweight title

Then

Charles Martin vs. Gerald Washington, 12 rounds, IBF heavyweight eliminator

Then

Main Event

Good god we have a whole 12 round fight still to go before the main event even starts.  This is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread