What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

## OFFICIAL ## Taylor Swift thread (2 Viewers)

This is a good sign.  I consider @General Malaise our resident Taylor Swift expert.
:lmao:

Honestly, I didn't know much about her until I had a daughter.  So I'm still a rather new fan, but a fan I am.  I think she's brilliant.  

One of my HS buddies is a career musician, was the lead guitar player for Don Henley the last few years, got to tour with him.  Pretty rad.  But since Covid he's been essentially out of work, so every Thursday, he has a live performance on Facebook where he takes requests from his friends.  He's done a few songs for me - Beck, Van Morrison, Paul Simon.  Tonight I have requested a Swing song for my daughter.  He laughed but said he'll give it a go.   :thumbup:

I am listening to the new album, Tortured Poets Department, with my daughters. Pretty good stuff.

“The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived” is right up there with “Death On Two Legs” as one of the meanest songs I’ve ever heard.

Supposedly The Alchamy and So High School is about Travis Kelce.

And thanK you aIMee is about Kim Kardashian. Look at the letters capitalized.

My first impressions after first listen through:

I like the 2nd set of songs that dropped more than the initial group of songs. Felt like she leaned pretty hard into the “poor innocent girl that was wounded by all the jerk guys that she dated” thing that people have criticized her previously for. I say that as someone who generally likes her stuff. But a lot of it just felt like more of the same only with more f-bombs thrown in to show how sharp her edges are now or something.

The Alchemy is cute and very obviously about Kelce, but also felt overly cheesy with some of the lyrics feeling like something a comedian wrote mimicking what a TS song about a football player would sound like.

On first listen, Peter and Robin are my favorite on first listen. In general, the romantic relationship stuff feels stale to me while her songs hitting on larger life stuff landed more solidly. Just my 2 cents.

I am listening to the new album, Tortured Poets Department, with my daughters. Pretty good stuff.

“The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived” is right up there with “Death On Two Legs” as one of the meanest songs I’ve ever heard.
"Your Jehovah's Witness suit... who the #### was that guy?"

"I can do with a broken heart" will be great live, with lots of potential for crowd involvement: "1, 2, 3, 4" and "the crowd shouted MORE!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread