What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Texas Rangers 2010 Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Disco Stu said:
Where the eff is Bogart during all this? :whistle:
I'm a little worried. He is one of the 20 or so FBGs that I have contact info on. Might call him, but that may be sort of weird.
Sorry guys. I'm still alive. I took a bit of a break as work got crazy plus had an IT issue. Once all of that was resolved, the Rangers were playing so well, I was a bit worried I might jinx it if I came back.That is silly thinking, right? Right?!?

Disco Stu said:
Where the eff is Bogart during all this? :thumbup:
I'm a little worried. He is one of the 20 or so FBGs that I have contact info on. Might call him, but that may be sort of weird.
Sorry guys. I'm still alive. I took a bit of a break as work got crazy plus had an IT issue. Once all of that was resolved, the Rangers were playing so well, I was a bit worried I might jinx it if I came back.That is silly thinking, right? Right?!?
Right. Welcome back. :thumbup:I also worry about jinxing it though. Love this team.

How amazing is it to be a Rangers fan right now???

You steal Cliff Lee from the Yanks

Largest lead in baseball

Mark Cuban has all but come out and said that if he can't help Greenberg/Ryan buy the team, he will just buy the team himself

Bright days ahead!!!

Seriously though. What the hell do you do about 1B?

Davis is young, but I'm afraid he's a AAA phenom. He can't hit anything but offspeed stuff.

Seriously though. What the hell do you do about 1B? Davis is young, but I'm afraid he's a AAA phenom. He can't hit anything but offspeed stuff.
Part of me says, he just bat him eighth, tell him you want him to see 5 pitches per AB and just take what you get and enjoy the glove in the field.Pipe dream: Derek Holland, David Murphy and Chris Davis for Adam Dunn and cash for his salary.Realistic dream: Mike Lowell for Max Ram.

Cliff Lee vs. LAAAAA tonight.

"It's Time" for the Rangers to really send a message. Take 3 of 4 or sweep and you start feeling really good with this thing. Lose 3 of 4 or get swept, people start falling out of the stands.

Cliff Lee vs. LAAAAA tonight."It's Time" for the Rangers to really send a message. Take 3 of 4 or sweep and you start feeling really good with this thing. Lose 3 of 4 or get swept, people start falling out of the stands.
Electric game last night. Felt like an October game at times. /OSBCliff Lee do what he do/OSB

This has to be about the end of the line for good old Scooter. How long until Holland is ready? Lord willing, we'll have one of the best rotations in baseball and our opening day #1 and #2 starters won't be a part of it.

The thing with scooter is that it's not just like you can throw him in the pen and be done with it. Every 15 pitches on this guy is bad.

Baseballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballball

ballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballb

allballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballba

llballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballballbal

lballballballballballballball

Newberg tweeted on Thursday, "1-3-5-7-9?"

Love the fact that we came out of weekend up 7 games on LAAAA. Not only taking 3 out of 4, but winning in ways that had to leave LAAAAA scratching their heads on what they have to do to get past us. Really, really good baseballball this weekend.

NOW, it is super important that you take care of Oak and Sea from here on out. You let Oak take 2 of 3 and it takes the luster off this weekend.

Side note: If you go with a 3 man playoff rotation, who gets left out for Texas? You can't leave out Hunter, and I it will be hard to leave out CJ or Colby. This is a good problem to have.

Bogart said:
Who scares you more going forward this season? Anaheim or Oakland?
I dunno. Anaheim at least is able to add stuff. I think if Oak was 10 back they would have been selling parts again. I have no idea how they are able to sustain operations. The games I see out there are less attended than Frisco. This upcoming series looks to be right in the middle of the summer heat lightening season. I doubt they get the game in today, and the next two are in doubt as well. Maybe Cuban pays for a dome for this thing.

Side note: If you go with a 3 man playoff rotation, who gets left out for Texas? You can't leave out Hunter, and I it will be hard to leave out CJ or Colby. This is a good problem to have.
We've been debating this at length on a Longhorn message board I post on. First, I agree it's an excellent problem. Two weeks ago, I would have said Hunter because the peripheral stuff for Wilson and Lewis (OPS/BA against, BABIP) was better than that for Hunter. Now, I think that it's just up to what happens for the rest of the season. Lewis seems to be the one showing the biggest sign of wear, but CJ obviously seems to be the one that is the most comfortable working out of the pen. Lee/Wilson/Hunter is my prediction right now. That or a four man rotation.Nelson-MFin-Cruz!!!!!

How much bullpen wear has Lee already saved? His shortest outing so far is 8 and a third. Love this guy.
I love this about Lee maybe more than anything else. Every fifth day you can pretty much tell Oliver, O'Day, Mathis Matty H and Frankie Frank that they have the day off. Feliz it's a 50/50 shot that he will pitch. And when he does, it is more likely to be less than an inning.And the mentality to finish the game is rubbing off on CJ and Colby.

Kinsler to 15 day DL. Will be a rotating poo poo platter at 2b for awhile.

There are some problems, but among these are Young's wildass throws to 1B and his lack of range at 3B. It is getting worse I think. And this may prevent being able to try out different guys at 1B like Murphy.

Ticket is saying that Cantu from the Marlins is heating up with the Marlins willing to pay most of the salary for 2010

My wife met Lance Nix's fiancee who happens to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader at a hotel pool today.

I have no idea why this information is worth posting.

Is that blood?

My wife met Lance Nix's fiancee who happens to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader at a hotel pool today. I have no idea why this information is worth posting.Is that blood?
Laynce Nix is good enough to pull DCC tail?? Who would have thought. Could your wife provide pics??

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rangers also called up Mitch Moreland, another left-handed-hitting first baseman, to replace Ian Kinsler, who was placed on the disabled list Thursday
Are they going to send Davis down to make room for Cantu? Or did they give Moreland a round-trip ticket?

The Rangers also called up Mitch Moreland, another left-handed-hitting first baseman, to replace Ian Kinsler, who was placed on the disabled list Thursday
Are they going to send Davis down to make room for Cantu? Or did they give Moreland a round-trip ticket?
Cantu has played 2B right? I seem to recall having him in a fantasy team as my 2B.

culdeus said:
Disco Stu said:
Cantu has played 2B right? I seem to recall having him in a fantasy team as my 2B.
Yes, but not lately.
Cantu has played second base in his career, but he has only notched two games there since 2007. Instead, he has been splitting time between first and third base over the past three years with the Marlins. The Rangers may look at him at second base while Kinsler is out, but it's not a priority."It remains to be seen," Daniels said. "In a normal circumstance, I don't think we'd be looking at that too much. The versatility, he played the middle of the diamond in the past, was kind of an attractive footnote. It wasn't the reason we acquired him."We've been looking at him long before Ian got a little banged up. We expect Ian to be back before too long. I would expect most of his playing time will come at first base, but you never know."
Great first game for Moreland last night. Davis... :bag:

I imagine Davis has played his last game in the Majors. He might bounce around in AAA a little bit and the Rangers might let him get in spring training somewhere, but I think the final chapter has been written here.

He did have an exciting 6 weeks or so.

Rangers acquire Cristian Guzman for "prospects."

The depth of this farm system is just dominating at this point. Good point from Newberg on the Cantu trade: the two guys you traded to get him you probably were not going to be able to protect in the Rule 5 Draft anyway, so you are getting value for them now.

Magic number is 53 with 60 games to go.

It officially going to either take something amazing from LAAAAA or Oak, or a major collapse by Texas to not see this team play past 162.

"Mark Cuban is ready to bid aggresively for this team."

:goodposting:

:shrug:

:wub:

It moved.

Hell, who am I kidding, it just emptied both barrels.

"Mark Cuban is ready to bid aggresively for this team." :goodposting: :shrug: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:It moved. Hell, who am I kidding, it just emptied both barrels.
I wonder where Cuban stands in the eyes of MLB, because reports were out there that the group he was involved in outbid Ricketts for the Cubs and got denied.I guess it could be looked at two waysThey just don't like himThey knew this was coming and saw Texas was a better fit for him, and vice versa

"Mark Cuban is ready to bid aggresively for this team." :shrug: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub::wub:It moved. Hell, who am I kidding, it just emptied both barrels.
I wonder where Cuban stands in the eyes of MLB, because reports were out there that the group he was involved in outbid Ricketts for the Cubs and got denied.I guess it could be looked at two waysThey just don't like himThey knew this was coming and saw Texas was a better fit for him, and vice versa
He has been approved by MLB. Had to be before invited to the auction.

Magic number is 53 with 60 games to go.It officially going to either take something amazing from LAAAAA or Oak, or a major collapse by Texas to not see this team play past 162.
I will feel batter after the next 10 games and the Rangers still have a similar lead. With them closing out late with series with As and Angels, either one can make up ground quickly w/o score board watching.

It's nearly unprecedented to lose a 8ish game lead over two relatively equal teams. It's happened before in divisions with one team 8 back and two 12+ back or more, but like this...it's damn near impossible to consider.

I do question why Josh sat the bench instead of PH today. There were some situations where you'd think a triple crown guy would have a little bit of value.

It's nearly unprecedented to lose a 8ish game lead over two relatively equal teams. It's happened before in divisions with one team 8 back and two 12+ back or more, but like this...it's damn near impossible to consider.I do question why Josh sat the bench instead of PH today. There were some situations where you'd think a triple crown guy would have a little bit of value.
I actually like the way the schedule falls the last two months. Being on the road in August/early Sept is not a horrible thing for this team. You get all of your Yankee games at home. If we can take care of the SEA, KC and BALT of the world, count on LAAAAAA and OAK beating each other up a bit with no one sweeping the other, this is looking more like late October baseball.Having an off day AFTER a Cliff Lee start is almost not fair. The bullpen is probably getting bored. Quite a far cry from the overworked pen of just a month ago.

Well this bullpen thing is nice because it looks like Scheppers' wheels are rattling a bit and he was going to be a nice late season callup to keep the rotation innings down. Though he might still get a look-see.

The division is over at this point. I expect to have lots of guys get a cup of <_< starting soon, and as August winds down you'll see the playoff lineup and rotation sort of lock down.

No reason to expose this team too much in the next month at all. Well, that is except for the auction.

culdeus said:
Well this bullpen thing is nice because it looks like Scheppers' wheels are rattling a bit and he was going to be a nice late season callup to keep the rotation innings down. Though he might still get a look-see. The division is over at this point. I expect to have lots of guys get a cup of :goodposting: starting soon, and as August winds down you'll see the playoff lineup and rotation sort of lock down. No reason to expose this team too much in the next month at all. Well, that is except for the auction.
I'm not ready to say the division is over yet. If they finish this road trip up 10+ games, then I might start to feel some relief.

Users who are viewing this thread