What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Trey "Hype Rocket" Quinn *** (1 Viewer)

First game caught 4 of 4 targets, yesterday 5 of 6 and a TD. If the Skins upgrade at QB in the future, he could become very fantasy relevant IMO. 

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Trey Quinn is an option to replace Jamison Crowder in the slot.

"We feel great about Trey Quinn's progress last year, even though he got hurt a little bit," Gruden said. Quinn got some run in the slot before going on IR in Week 14 last year. He has a history of ankle injuries but is expected to be ready for OTAs. With Crowder gone and playing in a vertically-challenged Case Keenum offense, Quinn has some breakout appeal for 2019.

SOURCE: redskins.com

Mar 16, 2019, 9:21 AM

Coach Jay Gruden said he's "excited for" second-year WR Trey Quinn and is "ready to watch him jump into the slot role and dominate the position."

After Jamison Crowder left for the Jets as a free agent, Gruden mentioned Quinn as an option in the slot. But it sounds like he's more than just an "option"; Quinn sounds like the heavy favorite with the job his to lose. Quinn suffered a high-ankle sprain in September as a rookie and missed a large chunk of the season on I.R. before returning in November only to get injured again. The issue seems to be behind him. Quinn has elite short-area quicks and had the lowest drop rate among all receivers in last year's draft class. He should mesh well with Case Keenum.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Mar 29, 2019, 9:22 AM

Even looking at Crowders stats in that offense I always felt he was underutilized. Is Trey’s production capped out at Crowders previous stats?

Even looking at Crowders stats in that offense I always felt he was underutilized. Is Trey’s production capped out at Crowders previous stats?
Probably.  Jays offense goes through the TE and slot quite a bit, so it's a valuable role for sure.  Crowder was dinged up a lot but he was a really solid receiver when on the field.

Quinn is a nice flier for fantasy- he has the skill-set to succeed and more importantly, the confidence of the coaching staff.  I really worry about whether he can stay on the field though.  Betting that like most players on our team, he will be spending a lot of time in the trainers room.

No. Crowder dropped a lot of balls. Left plays on the feild. 
This opinion did not match my perception of him as a guy who has seen every snap of his career, so I did some digging.  So far have found:

2018- 4 drops

2016- 2 drops

2015- 1 drop

My eyeballs remember him having very sure hands and the numbers seem to reflect that.

This opinion did not match my perception of him as a guy who has seen every snap of his career, so I did some digging.  So far have found:

2018- 4 drops

2016- 2 drops

2015- 1 drop

My eyeballs remember him having very sure hands and the numbers seem to reflect that.
I've see them all too. I remember being very frustrated with him the past two years after a great rookie campaign. I was not upset to see him go. 

I've see them all too. I remember being very frustrated with him the past two years after a great rookie campaign. I was not upset to see him go. 
You're thinking of his fumbles, not drops.  He fumbles wayyy too much.  12 in his 56 games, or once every 4.6 games.

I can't find info on his drops for 2017, but 7 over three years is perfectly fine.  And again, jives with what my eyeballs remember.

I'm not crying over him leaving either.  He's a solid but replaceable talent.  Not the kinda guy I want the Skins to pay $10M a year for.

(RotoWire) Quinn is on track to replace Jamison Crowder (Jets) in the slot, JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington reports. "Trey Quinn has taken over the inside slot role," Redskins coach Jay Gruden said during minicamp. 
"He's confident, he's quick, he's got strong hands, he's physical, [and] he's tough."

Rotoworld take:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said second-year WR Trey Quinn has "taken over the inside slot role."

Quinn was one of the standouts of the offseason program. He's locked down the slot job and it wouldn't be surprising if he leads the Redskins in targets. Quinn has durability concerns after missing 13 games last year, but he has some breakout appeal if he stays healthy.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Washington

Jun 22, 2019, 9:45 AM ET

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Trey Quinn has the slot receiver role "locked down."

Gruden has been echoing this sentiment all offseason and apparently nothing has changed in that regard through the first days of training camp. Selected with the final pick of the 2018 draft, Quinn only saw the field twice last season but should be in line for a much larger role this year following the offseason departure of slot staple Jamison Crowder. Essentially free in fantasy drafts, the sophomore makes plenty of sense as a late-round flyer.

SOURCE: John Keim on Twitter

Jul 28, 2019, 10:06 AM ET

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said Trey Quinn injured his thumb during pregame warmups on Thursday night.

Despite the injury, Quinn logged 10 snaps in Thursday's preseason opener, securing his lone target for an eight-yard pickup in the loss to Cleveland. Gruden indicated the injury could keep him from suiting up when Washington hosts Cincinnati Thursday night, though it doesn't sound like the Redskins are overly concerned. Quinn is currently viewed as the favorite to replace Jamison Crowder as the Redskins' primary slot receiver.

SOURCE: John Keim on Twitter

Aug 11, 2019, 10:20 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread