What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL**** Veronica Mars Thread (1 Viewer)

scoobygang

Footballguy
This is the thread where I complain that my wife still insists on TIVOing LOST, making me have to watch Veronica Mars on Saturdays. :rant:

Agreed. Best show on TV. Anybody missing this is crazy.Why can't you Tivo both shows?Good episode yesterday, except that stupid AOL alternate ending thing doesn't work for me because AOL has some gate up that lets them detect someone's location and a big door slams shut if you're not from the United States. There no good reason for that ####. My hatred of people grew more intense last night.But I digress.I think this season is even better than season 1 so far, and that's no small feat. The number of continuing threads they're pursuing now is pretty good (at least three by my last count) and they still manage to give each episode a unique plot as well.Could somebody explain to me where Wallace is, though? He's been gone for ages. And who's this 'Tessa Thompson' person in the credits? She hasn't made an appearance in the show either, not that I can remember.

Agreed. Best show on TV. Anybody missing this is crazy.

Why can't you Tivo both shows?

Good episode yesterday, except that stupid AOL alternate ending thing doesn't work for me because AOL has some gate up that lets them detect someone's location and a big door slams shut if you're not from the United States. There no good reason for that ####. My hatred of people grew more intense last night.

But I digress.

I think this season is even better than season 1 so far, and that's no small feat. The number of continuing threads they're pursuing now is pretty good (at least three by my last count) and they still manage to give each episode a unique plot as well.

Could somebody explain to me where Wallace is, though? He's been gone for ages. And who's this 'Tessa Thompson' person in the credits? She hasn't made an appearance in the show either, not that I can remember.
Tessa Thompson's character hasn't appeared in an episode since Wallace ran off with his father several episodes ago. Her character was seeing Wallace (kind of, sort of).I didn't watch this show the 1st season, but it is now one of my 3 favorite shows on TV today after getting hooked on it this season.

I didn't watch this show the 1st season, but it is now one of my 3 favorite shows on TV today after getting hooked on it this season.
The first season is well worth watching. Logan was even more interesting last season than he is this season. And they didn't feture Duncan as much, which is okay since it turns out he's kind of bland.

Could somebody explain to me where Wallace is, though? He's been gone for ages. And who's this 'Tessa Thompson' person in the credits? She hasn't made an appearance in the show either, not that I can remember.
Here's the thing. UPN renewed the show, but they came to Rob with several "suggestions". One of those was to try to make the show cheaper by not using everyone in the cast for 22 episodes. Percy Daggs III, who plays Wallace, got a 16 episode deal for this season. So they found a way to write him out of a few episodes. It's my understanding that only Kirsten Bell, Jason Dohring, and Enrico Colantoni got full 22 episode orders.

A lot of Veronica's voiceovers (particularly the ones where she seems to be stating something pretty obvious) are apparently the result of the network asking for them too.

I think this is a brilliant show, but it could be even better if UPN just kept their hands off of it.

A lot of Veronica's voiceovers (particularly the ones where she seems to be stating something pretty obvious) are apparently the result of the network asking for them too.
I've noticed that a few of them do cover stuff that's already pretty obvious (a la Blade Runner) but voiceovers have always been a part of how the VM story is told, so it doesn't bother me.

The first season is well worth watching. Logan was even more interesting last season than he is this season. And they didn't feture Duncan as much, which is okay since it turns out he's kind of bland.
I loved season 1. I think it has one of the best pilots I've ever seen. And A Trip to the Dentist is about as good as television gets. That was some tight writing.

And A Trip to the Dentist is about as good as television gets.
It was good, but it was no OMWF, Hush or The Body.Of course, maybe the fact that ATTTD was the first episode of VM that I ever saw isn't letting me appreciate it as much. I should rewatch season 1.

It was good, but it was no OMWF, Hush or The Body.Of course, maybe the fact that ATTTD was the first episode of VM that I ever saw isn't letting me appreciate it as much. I should rewatch season 1.
I love those episodes too. Still, other than Innocence, I'm hard pressed to come up with an episode of Buffy that crammed so much information into one episode. And did it without feeling all Basil Exposition-y.The big mystery reveal, which is one of the two HUGE mysteries of the season is revealed with a good 15 minutes left in the episode.

I loved this show. I haven't watched it this year due to it being on at the same time as Lost.Scooby, are you saying they replay VM on Saturdays? :excited:

I love those episodes too. Still, other than Innocence, I'm hard pressed to come up with an episode of Buffy that crammed so much information into one episode. And did it without feeling all Basil Exposition-y.The big mystery reveal, which is one of the two HUGE mysteries of the season is revealed with a good 15 minutes left in the episode.
Meh. We evaluate shows differently. While I don't deny that packing information into an episode is a good way to gain points, it's far from the only way. I appreciate drama as well, and while ATTTD definitely had its share of that as well, there are a LOT of Buffy (and Angel) episodes which dwarf it in the drama department.I also disagree with calling the rape a 'HUGE' mystery. I think it was mentioned in the pilot, and them maybe twice more during the season. It wasn't made much of a deal about. Not nearly as much as Lilly, and not even as much as Felix's murder or the Meg plot are in season 2 (to parallel the subplots).

I loved this show. I haven't watched it this year due to it being on at the same time as Lost.

Scooby, are you saying they replay VM on Saturdays?

:excited:
:yes: Saturdays, 10 eastern. They do it in his area, and mine as well, so no reason not to think it's aired at that time everywhere.I just happen to own a VCR, so I watch it on Wednesdays. Tape one, watch the other. Isn't Tivo supposed to be for that purpose, too?

:yes: Saturdays, 10 eastern. They do it in his area, and mine as well, so no reason not to think it's aired at that time everywhere.

I just happen to own a VCR, so I watch it on Wednesdays. Tape one, watch the other. Isn't Tivo supposed to be for that purpose, too?
TIVO's awesome, but they're a little disingenuos with the "tape one, watch the other thing."TIVO over DirectTV can do that (because it's dual LMB), but TIVO over cable really can't unless I split my cable signal before it gets to the cable box. And even then, I wouldn't get the digital channels outside of TIVO that way.

I loved this show.  I haven't watched it this year due to it being on at the same time as Lost.

Scooby, are you saying they replay VM on Saturdays?

:excited:
:yes: Saturdays, 10 eastern. They do it in his area, and mine as well, so no reason not to think it's aired at that time everywhere.I just happen to own a VCR, so I watch it on Wednesdays. Tape one, watch the other. Isn't Tivo supposed to be for that purpose, too?
I don't own a Tivo.I do own a VCR, but I'm too lazy to tape shows.

:bag:

:yes: Saturdays, 10 eastern. They do it in his area, and mine as well, so no reason not to think it's aired at that time everywhere.

I just happen to own a VCR, so I watch it on Wednesdays. Tape one, watch the other. Isn't Tivo supposed to be for that purpose, too?
TIVO's awesome, but they're a little disingenuos with the "tape one, watch the other thing."TIVO over DirectTV can do that (because it's dual LMB), but TIVO over cable really can't unless I split my cable signal before it gets to the cable box. And even then, I wouldn't get the digital channels outside of TIVO that way.
Ah. I do split my cable before it hits my digital box. I thought everybody did. So I tape VM and watch Lost. I can't do it the other way because my digital box feed goes through the VCR, so I wouldn't be able to watch VM if I was taping Lost.

my wife can't believe how much i enjoy VM. i watch "lost" and pick up VM episodes during those reruns. i haven't been able to get any continuity on the season 2 episodes yet. all i know is that adding charisma carpenter to the show makes me VERY happy.

I love this show - but I didn't love last night's episode. The FBI was too cocky, and I think Veronica was risking too much for too little. It was one of my least favorite episodes.

I didn't watch this show the 1st season, but it is now one of my 3 favorite shows on TV today after getting hooked on it this season.
I've watched the entire 1st season now - it was great. Yeah - Duncan is kind of dull.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is so good about Veronica Mars? I watched maybe 15 minutes once, wasn't impressed. Seemed like a typical, second-rate UPN series. I don't get it.

What is so good about Veronica Mars? I watched maybe 15 minutes once, wasn't impressed. Seemed like a typical, second-rate UPN series. I don't get it.
i think it is funny, smart and has a range to it. it's not just for the teeney-bopper set. the characters are perhaps a little too precocious at times but i appreciate the absence of dumbing down. this season has been a little over the top - charisma carpenter's addition to the cast points to that - but it really grows on you, as a viewer. i watch it when "lost" is a re-run.

It combines 3 stories or so per episode nearly flawlessly - a short term, either another short term or medium term, and a long term storyline. It works as both a stand-alone show and as a serial. It also is (mostly) well-acted. You can't really judge after 15 minutes.This season hasn't been quite as good as last season, but the last new episode had more of the spark of last season.

Terrific episode tonight.

Shocker and Dirty Sanchez references that almost made me spit coke out of my nose balanced by some serious darkness for Weevill. Not to mention some creepalicious vibes from Woody. Someone should have cast Steve Guttenberg as a child molester before.

There's been a run of excellent episodes ever since Duncan left. He was a dead weight holding the show back. Nice to see him gone and the show is running on overdrive now.

This season hasn't been quite as good as last season, but the last new episode had more of the spark of last season.
Take out the Duncan arc from this season and I say S2 >> S1.

Whats it about?
Teenage girl whose father is a private investigator is following in his footsteps. She solves mysteries. There's generally one huge mystery which gets slowly solved over the course of the season, 2 or 3 sub-mysteries that evolve over the course of several episodes, and then 1 smaller mystery per episode.Think of it as Buffy The Vampire Slayer meets CSI.

The writing is hip, and tight, similar to what made Buffy such a cultural phenomenon. Good stories. Decent acting for the most part, especially by the primary cast.

Whats it about?
Teenage girl whose father is a private investigator is following in his footsteps. She solves mysteries. There's generally one huge mystery which gets slowly solved over the course of the season, 2 or 3 sub-mysteries that evolve over the course of several episodes, and then 1 smaller mystery per episode.Think of it as Buffy The Vampire Slayer meets CSI.

The writing is hip, and tight, similar to what made Buffy such a cultural phenomenon. Good stories. Decent acting for the most part, especially by the primary cast.
Is she hot?

Whats it about?

Is she hot?
http://www.lebenoderso.de/uploaded_images/vmars2-765389.jpghttp://www.hollywoodjesus.com/television/v...kristenbell.jpg

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/tv.yahoo.com/image...ica_lipson6.jpg

Whats it about?

Is she hot?
http://www.lebenoderso.de/uploaded_images/vmars2-765389.jpghttp://www.hollywoodjesus.com/television/v...kristenbell.jpg

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/tv.yahoo.com/image...ica_lipson6.jpg
:thumbup: Hot enough

Apparently the teleplay this week was written by Basil Exposition.

It reminded me of the Season One episode when Veronica imagined how each member of the Kane family could have killed Lily.

Have to admit that the Weevil fake out isn't very convincing. He wasn't in a position to see the bus. But there are a few people who were. I'm pretty much down to two suspects now.

It'll be back. And as long as Veronica, Logan and Weevil are all there, it'll be hot. The rest of the cast can come and go, but those three MAKE the show.

Users who are viewing this thread