What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Week 1 Wagering Thread*** (1 Viewer)

kroyrunner89

Footballguy
It's that time of year again guys! Like last year I'll throw up the lines each week, everyone chime in with what's looking good to ya! BOL this year everyone!

Week 1 Lines:

Vikings +4.5 @ Saints 48

Panthers +6.5 @ Giants 41

Dolphins -3 @ Bills 38.5

Falcons -1.5 @ Steelers 37.5

Lions +6.5 @ Bears 43

Bengals +4.5 @ Patriots 44.5

Browns +2.5 @ Bucs 37

Broncos +2 @ Jags 40

Colts -1.5 @ Texans 47

Raiders +6 @ Titans 40.5

Packers -3 @ Eagles 47.5

49ers -3 @ Seahawks 37

Cardinals -4 @ Rams 39

Cowboys -3.5 @ Redskins 40.5

Ravens +2.5 @ Jets 36

Chargers -4.5 @ Chiefs 45

Bills +3

Steelers +1.5

Colts -1.5(over 47)

Lions +6.5

A love taking points early in the season. Obviously the Colts do not qualify, but they will want to get the taste out of their mouth. They will win a shootout, 38-27.

Saints beat Minnesota by 14-17 points... Pick of the Week

Carolina +6.5

Detroit +6.5

Oakland +6

Washington +3.5

Kansas City +4.5

New England -4.5

Jacksonville -2

Cleveland/Tampa under 37

Green Bay/Philly over 47.5

I used your numbers for the purpose of this thread, but for full disclosure I will be buying Carolina/Oakland/Detroit up to 7.

It's that time of year again guys! Like last year I'll throw up the lines each week, everyone chime in with what's looking good to ya! BOL this year everyone!

Week 1 Lines:

Vikings +4.5 @ Saints 48 i like the Saints at home

Dolphins -3 @ Bills 38.5

Falcons -1.5 @ Steelers 37.5 the Steelers are gonna struggle without their top 2 QB's.

Lions +6.5 @ Bears 43

Browns +2.5 @ Bucs 37

Broncos +2 @ Jags 40

Colts -1.5 @ Texans 47 Colts come out and punch the Texans in the face

Raiders +6 @ Titans 40.5

Packers -3 @ Eagles 47.5 Packers are much better than the Eagles right now

49ers -3 @ Seahawks 37

Cardinals -4 @ Rams 39

Ravens +2.5 @ Jets 36

Chargers -4.5 @ Chiefs 45 this is free money!
LOTS of home dogs this week. and i like some of em. just too hard to pass up.

Week 1 Lines:

Dolphins -3 @ Bills 38.5

Falcons -1.5 @ Steelers 37.5 the Steelers are gonna struggle without their top 2 QB's.

Lions +6.5 @ Bears 43

Browns +2.5 @ Bucs 37

Broncos +2 @ Jags 40

Raiders +6 @ Titans 40.5

49ers -3 @ Seahawks 37

Cardinals -4 @ Rams 39

Ravens +2.5 @ Jets 36

Which ones do you like?

Week 1 Lines:

Dolphins -3 @ Bills 38.5

Lions +6.5 @ Bears 43

Browns +2.5 @ Bucs 37

Broncos +2 @ Jags 40

Raiders +6 @ Titans 40.5

49ers -3 @ Seahawks 37

Cardinals -4 @ Rams 39

Ravens +2.5 @ Jets 36

Which ones do you like?
sorry, i meant there are a lot of home dogs, and i'm betting against some of em. the ones in red are what i'm leaning
Didn't know the line until now, but the Chiefs and an outright win are yelling at me.
yelling at you to run the other way? the chiefs are not good.

The only line here I see that makes no sense to me is the Lions getting 6 1/2. Highly touted rooks on both sides of the ball, an offense that's starting to hum, and a highly successful preseason campaign. Bears look to be in complete disarray, Cutler lost as if Martz were trying to teach him gravitational physics, defense underwhelming.

Gotta believe the betting public is loading up on the Lions here, and I agree with them.

Therefore, I'm going heavy on the Bears to cover. Vegas is full of sneaky #####.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a pool i got ( different points )

Dolphins -3 @ Bills

Falcons -2.5 @ Steelers -2.5

Browns +3 @ Bucs

Colts -3 @ Texans

Packers -2.5 @ Eagles -2.5

49ers -3 @ Seahawks

Which ones do you like?
Still deciding! I'm pretty close to settling on my final slate though I should have it up by Friday night
Who do you like tommorrow night?Nice to see you back in the pool Kroyrunner.
Curious on this too. Got a $50 free roll on this specific game. Leaning toward Saints -4.5, but have also considered UNDER 48.5.
Gotta lean Saints -4.5 right now with all the injury issues on the Vikings, although despite only being sacked once last year though I felt like Brees had very little time to throw and it limited what the offense could do. Hopefully the o-line gives him a little more time this year and then the game could get really ugly really quick with the Saints picking that secondary apart

Which ones do you like?
Still deciding! I'm pretty close to settling on my final slate though I should have it up by Friday night
Who do you like tommorrow night?Nice to see you back in the pool Kroyrunner.
Curious on this too. Got a $50 free roll on this specific game. Leaning toward Saints -4.5, but have also considered UNDER 48.5.
Gotta lean Saints -4.5 right now with all the injury issues on the Vikings, although despite only being sacked once last year though I felt like Brees had very little time to throw and it limited what the offense could do. Hopefully the o-line gives him a little more time this year and then the game could get really ugly really quick with the Saints picking that secondary apart
Pretty much my feelings as well. Vikes too banged up, SB champs hosting first game of season, Favre minus Rice, etc. Thanks for the input, kroyrunner89.

:mellow: Saints -4.5. Wish I woulda doubled up and bet the under, but hindsight is 60/40 and so forth. Happy to get a win 1st game out!

* San Fransisco 49ers -3 (+104 @ Pinnacle)

Of all the three point road favorites this week, this has to be my favorite. First of all, Seattle is currently in disarray. Their starting Left Tackle is hurt, they just released their #1 WR, and their defensive line is among the worst in the NFL. They're clearly in rebuilding mode, and the best phase of their game, their rushing attack, is matched up with what will be one of the best rush defenses in the NFL in 2010.

Last season, the 49ers lost this game. While that's a slightly discouraging sign, there is no doubt in my mind that the 49ers were the clearly superior team in the game. Their loss can be chalked up to bad decisions and bad breaks, and it's clear the 49ers could have easily put about 17 more points on the board had they just taken advantage of opportunities. This year the 49ers will benefit from the return of one of their best offensive linemen, and Frank Gore should shred a pitiful Seattle defense. Look for the 49ers to win this one in a big way.

* Packers/Eagles OVER 47.5 (-106)

Green Bay's offense has flown high this preseason, with Rodgers and the passing game looking nearly unstoppable. The Packers' biggest weakness last season, their offensive line, has been somewhat addressed this offseason, which should ensure that Rodgers sees more time to throw the ball than last year and doesn't get sacked nearly as much. The Eagles rush defense is clearly superior to their pass defense, meaning that the Packers should focus their attack more through the air, which will certainly be beneficial to the over.

While Philadelphia now has QB Kevin Kolb at the helm, despite a shaky preseason I remain convinced that he's not much of a downgrade if any at all from McNabb. He certainly has some great weapons at his disposal with DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin, and much like the Packers the offense is facing a defense that is great against the run. The Eagles will likely have to turn to the passing game to pick on a suspect Packers' secondary, especially if they want any hope of keeping up with Green Bay on the scoreboard. This game has all the makings of a shootout, and I fully expect a high scoring affair that may come down to who has the ball last.

* Browns/Bucs OVER 37 (-106)

I botched games similar to this last year, but believe me I've learned from it. Last season I took two stabs at Browns unders, against the Lions and against the Chiefs. I figured in both situations that the crummy offenses would make the defenses look good, yet in both cases the games turned into shootouts and I lost the bets. This game looks very similar to me, except I actually am a believer in the Tampa Bay offense. While Freeman is returning from a thumb injury, he's been practicing all week and all signs point to him being good to go come Sunday. I've loved what I've seen out of the Tampa Bay passing game this preseason, and against what I believe to be an unimproved Browns defense the Bucs should have no trouble coming by points. The Browns' offense has also looked surprisingly good this preseason, with Jack Delhomme throwing the ball much more accurately than he did last season as a Panther. The Bucs will be missing their top CB Aqib Talib due to a suspension, so the Browns should have no problem moving the ball down the field on this defense. While I lean towards the Bucs winning this one, I feel more confident in the over coming through so I'll stick with that as my play.

* Ravens/Jets UNDER 35.5 (+100)

I was set to roll with the Ravens in this one, but the return of Revis to the Jets has given me a fresh perspective on this one. Baltimore's offense has been raved about this preseason, but with Revis covering Boldin now there's a good chance that he doesn't make much noise in this game. The Ravens' next best option at WR is Mason, and with Cromartie covering him I've got to think that the Ravens won't get a whole lot done through the passing game. Likely, Baltimore will turn to Ray Rice to win the game for them. The Jets were one of the better teams against the run last year, and playing at home on Sunday night I'd have to believe that while they won't completely contain Rice, they can certainly limit the damage he does.

The Jets offense has been unspectacular all preseason, and will be playing this one without WR Santonio Holmes. For the Jets, it all starts with the run, a problem because they are facing the league's #1 rush defense from last year. Assuming the Jets can't get their running game going, which I don't imagine they will be able to, they're going to have to turn to Mark Sanchez to make plays for them. While Baltimore's secondary is currently a bit shaky, you can bet that they'll turn up the pressure on the young QB and I'd imagine he'd be good for a turnover or two. I can't see either of these teams topping 17 points, in reality I think we may see a 16-10 type of game. It'll certainly be a great defensive battle to watch, and while I'm not sure which team comes out ahead, I'm confident that it stays a low scoring game.

Good luck this week everyone!

* San Fransisco 49ers -3 (+104 @ Pinnacle)Of all the three point road favorites this week, this has to be my favorite. First of all, Seattle is currently in disarray. Their starting Left Tackle is hurt, they just released their #1 WR, and their defensive line is among the worst in the NFL. They're clearly in rebuilding mode, and the best phase of their game, their rushing attack, is matched up with what will be one of the best rush defenses in the NFL in 2010.Last season, the 49ers lost this game. While that's a slightly discouraging sign, there is no doubt in my mind that the 49ers were the clearly superior team in the game. Their loss can be chalked up to bad decisions and bad breaks, and it's clear the 49ers could have easily put about 17 more points on the board had they just taken advantage of opportunities. This year the 49ers will benefit from the return of one of their best offensive linemen, and Frank Gore should shred a pitiful Seattle defense. Look for the 49ers to win this one in a big way.
:popcorn: I see blowout city as well. I think the Hawks will be getting 10+ points on a regular basis when Vegas finally catches up to them in a few weeks.
* Packers/Eagles OVER 47.5 (-106)Green Bay's offense has flown high this preseason, with Rodgers and the passing game looking nearly unstoppable. The Packers' biggest weakness last season, their offensive line, has been somewhat addressed this offseason, which should ensure that Rodgers sees more time to throw the ball than last year and doesn't get sacked nearly as much. The Eagles rush defense is clearly superior to their pass defense, meaning that the Packers should focus their attack more through the air, which will certainly be beneficial to the over.While Philadelphia now has QB Kevin Kolb at the helm, despite a shaky preseason I remain convinced that he's not much of a downgrade if any at all from McNabb. He certainly has some great weapons at his disposal with DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin, and much like the Packers the offense is facing a defense that is great against the run. The Eagles will likely have to turn to the passing game to pick on a suspect Packers' secondary, especially if they want any hope of keeping up with Green Bay on the scoreboard. This game has all the makings of a shootout, and I fully expect a high scoring affair that may come down to who has the ball last.
Just a heads up on the weather it's supposed to be raining throughout the game which may temper the air game for both teams.

Alot of people taking road favorites in this thread. While you might get lucky every once in a while doing this, you will be a loser by years end if you make a habit of it.

After some thought, my favorite game of this week is the Chiefs. I like them to win this game outright at home against the Chargers.

Alot of people taking road favorites in this thread. While you might get lucky every once in a while doing this, you will be a loser by years end if you make a habit of it.After some thought, my favorite game of this week is the Chiefs. I like them to win this game outright at home against the Chargers.
ive seen a few people on the chiefs. i admittedly dont know much about them. are they heading in a good direction? they were HORRIBLE last season, and i wouldnt be comfortable taking them to win any game, even at home.what am i missing? is the chargers D that bad?

For the prop fans:

TJ Houshmandzadeh (Seahawks) Will He Score a Touchdown - Must Play - (NO -250)

-He's with the Ravens, but expected to play.

Brandon Lloyd (Broncos) Will He Score a Touchdown - Must Play (NO -260)

-A lot to lay out but I don't think Lloyd gets a TD even against a weak Jags D. He's had 2 TD's total in the last 4 years.

Chris Johnson (Titans) Will He Score a Touchdown - Must Play (YES -300)

- Another huge amount to lay but barring injury he gets a TD against the Raiders.

Manster said:
Alot of people taking road favorites in this thread. While you might get lucky every once in a while doing this, you will be a loser by years end if you make a habit of it.After some thought, my favorite game of this week is the Chiefs. I like them to win this game outright at home against the Chargers.
ive seen a few people on the chiefs. i admittedly dont know much about them. are they heading in a good direction? they were HORRIBLE last season, and i wouldnt be comfortable taking them to win any game, even at home.what am i missing? is the chargers D that bad?
Chiefs fan that doesn't expect them to win, but a summary of positives if you were to lean that way:- First Primetime game in a couple years, which should lead to a very loud, geared-up crowd to gain some of that famous Arrowhead advantage back- Legitimately improved coaching on both sides of the ball- Jones added to the backfield with Charles ready to go from the first snap- Bowe looking like the best he ever has, with McCluster added to the fold as a seriously legit playmaker- VASTLY improved OL - FA additions of Lilja and Wiegman have stabilized the interior- Added 2 elite KR/PR prospects which should help field position, a big weakness of last year's team- Eric Berry added via the draft should massively help the deep defensive backfield, which was KC's biggest hole last year with Mike Brown- San Diego without McNeil (Pro Bowl LT), Jackson (Pro Bowl WR) and Merriman (Pro Bowl pass-rusher)I expect them to lose a relatively close game because I think they'll struggle to stop the run (no major improvements in the front 7, NT is terrible) and Cassel isn't good enough to lead 14+ point comebacks. But I could see them winning if the game goes according to the gameplan, which will be to run the ball early and often, cause turnovers and not allow big plays on defense, and winning the special teams battle. If I was to bet on the Chiefs, I'd look at the ML also, because it's good value. If they don't cover it could be a 10-14pt loss, but I could see a narrow win.

My sucker bets of the week:

3 team teaser--DET 16.5 OAK +16.5 SF + (crossing over the '0', proving what a square I am)

5 team parlay--NYG -5.5, CIN/NEP under 44, DEN/JAX Under 40.5, OAK/TEN Under 40.5, SF -3

4 team parlay--DET +6.5, DET/CHI Over 45, NEP -5, SF -3.

I like to bet one 2 team Teaser every week.

This week I did:

GB (+6) over PHI

and

BAL (+8.5) over NYJ

Each game teased 6 points, looks good so far.

* San Fransisco 49ers -3 (+104 @ Pinnacle)Of all the three point road favorites this week, this has to be my favorite. First of all, Seattle is currently in disarray. Their starting Left Tackle is hurt, they just released their #1 WR, and their defensive line is among the worst in the NFL. They're clearly in rebuilding mode, and the best phase of their game, their rushing attack, is matched up with what will be one of the best rush defenses in the NFL in 2010.Last season, the 49ers lost this game. While that's a slightly discouraging sign, there is no doubt in my mind that the 49ers were the clearly superior team in the game. Their loss can be chalked up to bad decisions and bad breaks, and it's clear the 49ers could have easily put about 17 more points on the board had they just taken advantage of opportunities. This year the 49ers will benefit from the return of one of their best offensive linemen, and Frank Gore should shred a pitiful Seattle defense. Look for the 49ers to win this one in a big way.
:rolleyes: I see blowout city as well. I think the Hawks will be getting 10+ points on a regular basis when Vegas finally catches up to them in a few weeks.
Umm yea, that didn't go quite the way I thought. :bag: I still think the Hawks suck tho and I overrated the 9ers just a wee bit.1-2 week 1. But my one win was my biggest play of the day, so on the plus side. And that's always a positive. Don't like much tonight, but I can't sit and watch without some action. Liking a small play on UND NJY, maybe a parlay Bal/Und.

I had Texans and Steelers on the Money Line this week.Adding Ravens tonight on the ML
Nice... Ravens are a great bet tonight. Early Week 2 Lines:Sunday, Sept. 19, 2010Kansas City Chiefs at Cleveland Browns (-3 +110)Buffalo Bills at Green Bay Packers (-13.5)Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (PICK)Pittsburgh Steelers at Tennessee Titans (-5)Philadelphia Eagles (XX QB) at Detroit LionsChicago Bears at Dallas Cowboys (-9)Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers (XX QB)Arizona Cardinals at Atlanta Falcons (-7)Miami Dolphins at Minnesota Vikings (-4.5)St. Louis Rams at Oakland Raiders (-4)Seattle Seahawks at Denver Broncos (-3.5)Houston Texans (-3 EV) at Washington RedskinsJacksonville Jaguars at San Diego Chargers (-7.5)New England Patriots at New York Jets (-1)New York Giants at Indianapolis Colts (-6)Monday, Sept. 20, 2010New Orleans Saints (-4) at San Francisco 49ersThoughts?New Orleans, New England, and Dallas stand out as a nice 3 team teaser.

For the prop fans:TJ Houshmandzadeh (Seahawks) Will He Score a Touchdown - Must Play - (NO -250)-He's with the Ravens, but expected to play.Brandon Lloyd (Broncos) Will He Score a Touchdown - Must Play (NO -260)-A lot to lay out but I don't think Lloyd gets a TD even against a weak Jags D. He's had 2 TD's total in the last 4 years.Chris Johnson (Titans) Will He Score a Touchdown - Must Play (YES -300)- Another huge amount to lay but barring injury he gets a TD against the Raiders.
You play with odds like that you are going to get burned

Users who are viewing this thread