What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Omega Playoff Bracket (1 Viewer)

Unlucky

Phenom
After 11 weeks of battling, the top 4 teams from the 8 leagues have been decided. These 32 teams have been seeded by total points scored. Now it gets really serious, with a 5 week head to head bracket to determine the champion. That lucky/skillful individual will pocket $2000 on his $50 entry fee.

There are quite a few staff members still alive. Unfortunately for Dodds and Maxwell, they both came up fewer than 10 points short of the playoffs, losing on tiebreakers.

Here's the bracket: http://home.comcast.net/~unlucky/omega/pla...offbracket.html

Here are the links to the 8 Omega league websites:

#1: http://football4.myfantasyleague.com/2003/home/87799

#2: http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/2003/home/59995

#3: http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/2003/home/58250

#4: http://football4.myfantasyleague.com/2003/home/77688

#5: http://football4.myfantasyleague.com/2003/home/89669

#6: http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/2003/home/55873

#7: http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/2003/home/66606

#8: http://football4.myfantasyleague.com/2003/home/89588

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to be a part of this next year.Good luck to all and congrats on making it this far :thumbup:

T.O showed up just a little too late for me. After I lost Pennington, I could never seem to find any consistency at QB.Congrats guys and good luck the rest of the way. Kudos to Unlucky for setting-up and running the league :thumbup:Edit: one consolation is that I finished ahead of Might Blue Justice :D

I'm so fired up right now!!! Go 24 seed...lol. 2 FBG staffers in my league and they're both watching the playoffs.

There should be a separate bracket for those who lost Travis Henry last week! :bag: It'd be really nice if Ike Hilliard can get his leg back into shape, too.Your Olympic Hero (#20) needs SOMEONE to step up big-time to pick up the slack...Thanks for a great league, Unlucky. That bracket is awesome.

We can still make waiver moves, right? :no:
Dude. You can still play Shockey.Just think how cool it will be if you still win. Great trash talk material for next year.

Gotta pull for cracker. I`d like to think I helped him somewhat by still trying my best this past week and defeating a team that was tied with him I think. Of course if I hadn't tried my best, the fantasy football gods would have been angry......you can't play around!

The two FBG Staff guys from Omega 4 are good. Henderson ==> Blitz and Tremblay ==> Maurillie Vanillie.The Blitz just barely made it with a 6-5 record by winning the last two. Luckily two other teams lost their last two, and I was able to sneak in on points. I did have the 2nd highest points though, so I'm sitting in the 13th overall playoff spot. Maurillie Vanillie on the other hand, had an 8-3 record as did the two other playoff teams from Omega 4. So don't let his 31st playoff ranking fool you.I recognize Shick's and CraKer's team names. Any other FBG Staff make it?

Unlucky and Chris Smith?
Joffer killed me. Chris Smith advances. I finished 5th 50 points out.It was the most exciting contest I've ever been in,I hope UnLucky can run it again next year.Chris make Omega 3 proud it was a very competive league.

Let me just say that I think this is one of the coolest leagues I've ever been a part of. I hope to run at least two next season, one with a $50 entry fee and one with a $100.As for payouts for this year ($50 entry fee):1st - $20002nd - $10003rd - $4004th - $2005th through 8th - $100 each9th through 16th - $50 each

The two FBG Staff guys from Omega 4 are good. Henderson ==> Blitz and Tremblay ==> Maurillie Vanillie.The Blitz just barely made it with a 6-5 record by winning the last two. Luckily two other teams lost their last two, and I was able to sneak in on points. I did have the 2nd highest points though, so I'm sitting in the 13th overall playoff spot. Maurillie Vanillie on the other hand, had an 8-3 record as did the two other playoff teams from Omega 4. So don't let his 31st playoff ranking fool you.I recognize Shick's and CraKer's team names. Any other FBG Staff make it?
You're welcome.... Great format.. While I'll have to consolidate some league next year, this league was a loto of fun and I imagine next year will be even better.... Good luck League 4 guys... Quincy Freaking Morgan???? :wall:

Joffer killed me. Chris Smith advances. I finished 5th 50 points out.It was the most exciting contest I've ever been in,I hope UnLucky can run it again next year.Chris make Omega 3 proud it was a very competive league.
It was certainly an exciting race in our league. We had eight of the twelve teams finish with a 6-5 record or better and it could have been anyone of the eight teams to make it to the show.I was fortunate enough to ride out the poor performances of both Edgerrin James and Plaxico Burress thanks to the solid play from Peter Warrick, Trent Green and Michael Pittman. It was James finally exploding to a big game that propelled me into the Final 32.The matchup this week will be a tough one because he has Priest Holmes who has had little difficulty racking up huge yardage against the Raiders (the Chiefs opponent this week).To everyone in league three. Congratulations on a good season. That was a very competitive league right to the end. Good luck to everyone left in the hunt to become the Omega Champion 2003... :thumbup: Bring it!

We can still make waiver moves, right?

:no:
Dude. You can still play Shockey.Just think how cool it will be if you still win. Great trash talk material for next year.
TE Jeremy Shockey is making rapid progress in his recovery from a partially torn posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and has told teammates that he believes he could play Monday night against the Buccaneers blogger :thumbup:

T.O showed up just a little too late for me. After I lost Pennington, I could never seem to find any consistency at QB.Congrats guys and good luck the rest of the way. Kudos to Unlucky for setting-up and running the league :thumbup:Edit: one consolation is that I finished ahead of Might Blue Justice :D
OUCH!!! Darn my 0 and 5 match-up record to Joffer in the last 2 years....Yeah my luck couldn't hold up for all 11 weeks, having a top 3 ranking with a bottom 3 point total can only hold up for so long. This was my first actual competitive league, and a lot of fun, I'll definitely be back for more next year.Good luck finishing it off guys,Mighty Blue Justice!!

:yes: You're lucky to beat him - he's learned a lot from me taking him to school in my main league. ;)
Not sure who took who to school yet. I do know how many Super Bowl trophies we both have in common leagues...ZERO.

Started out terrible, got a 4-game winning streak going and then lost this week.Since I had mad points for somebody with a so-so record, that loss cost me the playoffs! :yucky:

I hope the winner of this whole thing gives Unlucky a TIP for running it. I will if I get lucky enough!
Tip? If I win it will be two years in a row that I took him down. I'll give him a tip... Don't play me next year. :rotflmao:(OMG. I'm laughing at my own joke that isn't really fun. :no: )

Tip? If I win it will be two years in a row that I took him down. I'll give him a tip... Don't play me next year. :rotflmao:(OMG. I'm laughing at my own joke that isn't really fun. :no: )
If the FBG staff wanted to nominate one person to represent them, it should be Shick!. He wins or finishes 2nd in every league I've played against him. I'm not letting him join a money league against me next year.

If the FBG staff wanted to nominate one person to represent them, it should be Shick!. He wins or finishes 2nd in every league I've played against him. I'm not letting him join a money league against me next year.
The enemy has been spotted!I will bribe people to get a spot in one of Schicks leagues.

I've got the Blitz in round one, and I'd feel great about my chances if Henry hadn't gone and cracked his damn leg!As things stand now, I'm SCREWED! Sammy Morris or Kevan Barlow instead of Travis? Ugh... :wall: :wall: :wall:

I've got the Blitz in round one, and I'd feel great about my chances if Henry hadn't gone and cracked his damn leg!As things stand now, I'm SCREWED! Sammy Morris or Kevan Barlow instead of Travis? Ugh... :wall: :wall: :wall:
If your receivers show up, you still got a pretty good chance. The Omega league is slightly biased toward receivers with the 1 pt per reception. R. Moss, C. Johnson, and A. Johnson have done pretty well for you this year.The QB position has killed me all year. Hopefully Donavan has another good game in him!

Nice. :thumbup: Unlucky's "I'm #1 in league #1" loses a little luster when an FBG throws this smack around.

If your receivers show up, you still got a pretty good chance. The Omega league is slightly biased toward receivers with the 1 pt per reception. R. Moss, C. Johnson, and A. Johnson have done pretty well for you this year.The QB position has killed me all year. Hopefully Donavan has another good game in him!
Well Bruce, I'll need Moss, Johnson, and Johnson to all come up big, along with McMichael and probably Tommy Maddox, too. You've got great matchups up and down your lineup this week, all the way down to your defense.Thing is, I'll have a lot of ground to make up starting Morris and A-Train compared to Tomlinson and Moe!Andre Johnson is actually my #4 receiver when Hilliard is healthy.. but of course, the week after Shockey is injured, so is Hilliard, JUST when he's about to get more balls thrown his way.

I really enjoyed myself, thanks to FBG's for the oppotunity, and Unlucky for the superb commish efforts. I started out good, and when C-Pepp went down I was too low in the WW to get Ferotte. I struggled until he came back. Ricky was a huge disappointment as well. I had one of the best coaching efficiencies, just didn't have the guns. And lastly and perhaps most importantly, these guys (Owners) are sharp. It was awesome. I did learn a few things too, as a rookie in Omega, so I hope to have the opportunity again next year. Good luck to everyone. :thumbup: Thanks again,Mo

Unlucky - Are we going to be able to get live scoring for the playoffs? If so, will we have to check several leagues to do it? I'm assuming you'll set up the playoff schedule between the top 4 teams in each league, and then disregard who your opponent is...?

Unlucky - Are we going to be able to get live scoring for the playoffs? If so, will we have to check several leagues to do it? I'm assuming you'll set up the playoff schedule between the top 4 teams in each league, and then disregard who your opponent is...?
Correct - you'll have to check multiple leagues. The matchups in each league are irrelevant, except in 2 cases.

Unlucky,

Thank you for the outstanding effort you put forth this year. I appreciate the fact that you put this together for us. Now if i can just get past the first round of the playoffs!

Houston Outlaws

Omega League 8

Shick! is going to be crying for mommy after this week in the Upsilon league! Time to go down, sir! :boxing:

Against my gut, I left Favre on the bench and started Maddox. Lost 4.80 points.Late in the week, I replaced Longwell with Carney. Lost 6.00 points.Late in the week, I replaced the Steelers defense with the Giants. The Steelers scored 22.10 points today.And now I need 24.10 points from McMichael and the Giants, and that's only happened 3 times all year, with another week coming about .50 short.Not looking good for Your Olympic Hero, and it's my own fault. :wall: :wall:Edited to add that it doesn't make it any easier to know that Tomlinson racked up over 10 points against the damn prevent defense of the Bengals!

Hang in there Olympic Hero. I pulled the upset of the #4 seeded Honolulu Hammers, 138.15 - 110.43. I play the winner of your matchup. I got big games from Eddie and Isaac Bruce. He was unfortunate to lose McNair and had 2 WR in the ugly PIT vs CLE game, Ward and Northcutt.How do the other matchups look?

Speaking of Upsets...The first week of the Omega Playoffs appears to be a blood bath for most of the top 10 teams. There are still several games to be decided tonight, but it appears as many as 7 of the top 10 can fall this week. Depending on the Monday night game it is very possible that seeds 1,2,3, and 4 will all be gone after today.

Here are the unofficial numbers according to what I found.#32 Lop Sop Doi leads #1 Sudden Death Reapers, 143.26 (+ Tiki) - 113.09 (+ Tiki)#16 Solidsteel Rats leads #17 With Myself, 139.76 (+ TB D) - 112.86 (+ Tiki)#9 Seattle Semi-Stars defeats #24 Frontrunners, 147.43 - 140.42#25 cracKin' defeats Shick Happens, 116.83 (+ B Johnson, Shockey) - 107.84#5 Spam Eaters leads #28 The Nomads, 109.56 - 73.69 (+ Toomer)#12 Phat Llamas leads #21 Buffy's Slayers, 147.14 - 112.52 (+ Toomer)#13 Blitz leads #20 Your Olympic Hero, 122.12 - 102.52 (+ NYG D)#29 Topp Dogg defeats #4 Honolulu Hammers, 138.15 - 110.43#30 Winona Roughryders defeats #3 Taylor Mades, 117.76 (+ McCardell) - 117.50 (+ McCardell)#19 Devil Dogs defeats #14 1 Player Away, 166.60 (+ Grammatica) - 117.25#22 Vegas Gamblers leads #11 Unlucky's Bass Turds, 126.04 - 55.7 (+ B Johnson, McCardell, TB D)#6 Lombard Lucky Loser leads #27 Reverend Ryders CBGS, 133.24 - 127.33 (+ Tiki)#7 Football Jones defeats #26 Feeny Monster, 164.52 - 124.56#23 Notorious FBG - Smith leads #10 The Omega Men, 113.12 (+ Pittman) - 103.32 (+ TB D)#18 Houston Outlaws leads #15 I'd Rather Be Golfing, 162.72 - 62.34 (+ McCardell, TB D)#2 Gallawiggas leads #31 Maurillie Vanillie, 133.35 - 130.21 (+ Toomer)

#6 Lombard Lucky Loser leads #27 Reverend Ryders CBGS, 133.24 - 127.33 (+ Tiki)
Open letter to Tiki Barber:Dear Tiki,I don't know you, and you don't know me, but I need you to catch at least 6 passes tonight, or run and catch for about 60 yards. I see that the lowest pt total you scored all year in the Omega league scoring system was about 7.80 points, so I have faith that you will do well for me tonight. If you are feeling particularly generous, a TD would be nice. Just smile, and wave to the camera, and I'll know you did it for me......oh, yeah, I was ridiculed by Football Jones when I picked you with my second round pick. He said somethng like, "Thanks for taking one for the team." Well, thanks for coming through for me this year. Perhaps we'll get to play head-to-head against FB Jones later in the brackets... Sincerely yours,Reverend RyderP.S. :wub:

Dear Tampa Bay Buccaneers,Please make a statement on national TV that you didn't need Keyshawn. Show the country that Brad Johnson to K. McCardell is the connection you rely on, with several TD passes. As for the defense, please show us that you can still shut people down. All I ask is for a shutout, several takeaways, and a few sacks. Feel free to score a TD or two while you're at it. Thank You,"Unlucky" Bass Turds

Here are the unofficial numbers according to what I found.

#32 Lop Sop Doi leads #1 Sudden Death Reapers, 143.26 (+ Tiki) - 113.09 (+ Tiki)

#16 Solidsteel Rats leads #17 With Myself, 139.76 (+ TB D) - 112.86 (+ Tiki)

#9 Seattle Semi-Stars defeats #24 Frontrunners, 147.43 - 140.42

#25 cracKin' defeats Shick Happens, 116.83 (+ B Johnson, Shockey) - 107.84

#5 Spam Eaters leads #28 The Nomads, 109.56 - 73.69 (+ Toomer)

#12 Phat Llamas leads #21 Buffy's Slayers, 147.14 - 112.52 (+ Toomer)

#13 Blitz leads #20 Your Olympic Hero, 122.12 - 102.52 (+ NYG D)

#29 Topp Dogg defeats #4 Honolulu Hammers, 138.15 - 110.43

#30 Winona Roughryders defeats #3 Taylor Mades, 117.76 (+ McCardell) - 117.50 (+ McCardell)

#19 Devil Dogs defeats #14 1 Player Away, 166.60 (+ Grammatica) - 117.25

#22 Vegas Gamblers leads #11 Unlucky's Bass Turds, 126.04 - 55.7 (+ B Johnson, McCardell, TB D)

#7 Football Jones defeats #26 Feeny Monster, 164.52 - 124.56

#23 Notorious FBG - Smith leads #10 The Omega Men, 113.12 (+ Pittman) - 103.32 (+ TB D)

#18 Houston Outlaws leads #15 I'd Rather Be Golfing, 162.72 - 62.34 (+ McCardell, TB D)

#2 Gallawiggas leads #31 Maurillie Vanillie, 133.35 - 130.21 (+ Toomer)
Three teams over 160 this weekend - that is HUGE scoring in the playoffs. The other interesting stat was several of the top teams being taken out. I really expected Honolulu to make it deep into the playoffs. Also interested to see how many of the Omega Leagues (Teams per league) that were taken out. From my league Omega 8 it looks like we are going to loose: Honolulu, Shick, and With Myself.Interesting side note, the number two seed sneaked by with a victory. Man nothing like the playoffs!

BShipper thank you for putting this info together!

Houston Outlaws

Omega League 8

Open letter to Tiki Barber:Dear Tiki,I don't know you, and you don't know me, but I need you to catch at least 6 passes tonight, or run and catch for about 60 yards. I see that the lowest pt total you scored all year in the Omega league scoring system was about 7.80 points, so I have faith that you will do well for me tonight. If you are feeling particularly generous, a TD would be nice. Just smile, and wave to the camera, and I'll know you did it for me......oh, yeah, I was ridiculed by Football Jones when I picked you with my second round pick. He said somethng like, "Thanks for taking one for the team." Well, thanks for coming through for me this year. Perhaps we'll get to play head-to-head against FB Jones later in the brackets... Sincerely yours,Reverend RyderP.S. :wub:
I never said any such thing, LOL. I'd never say anything like that (I'm not big on trash talk). Sounds like you got me confused with someone else. Just think, somebody else dissed you & you now have no idea who it was. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread