What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One of my customers just wrote a short book as a Talent Buyer and his experiences with Adam Sandler, Metallica, KISS, Kevin James, George Carlin, Obam (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
So one of my customers at my job is a former Long Island, NY resident who ended up working as a talent buyer. For those who don't know Talent buyers are people hired by companies or work for a certain group like Live Nation (Which he worked for) who go around acquiring talent in music and comedy for events such as RNC, concerts etc. Drew Pompillio is the name. He started working at his College campus at a mini location that sold booze (at the time 18 to drink still) and hosted local bands. Peter Tork ex Monkey's use to call him constantly to get a gig there. Anyway Drew would move around and had some cool stories. First meet with Adam Sandler was local to me and he's shared beers around 4 times with the guy. Incredible good human and very quite. Asked Drew and his Business partner the first time if they knew a certain person and they were shocked Sandler wouldn't do it on his own. Believe it or not Sandler is very laid back. His job ended up taking him to my home state of PA into Philly. as well as NJ in AC (a cool story about his Wife meeting Prince in here) as well as the Show in Camden where he hangs out with Jason Newstead of then Metallica. 

Drew also worked with Kevin James AKA King of Queens Star and a very close friend of Adam Sandler when Kevin was starting out in comedy. Drew left Live Nation and started his own production company. The book is short stories of what he remembers of his time so far, about 75 pages and I wish it was longer because of how good it is. His wife is also a big fan of rock and metal and works for the local CBS affiliate and helped Paul Stanley around town a few yrs ago during an art showing he had. There's some other KISS stories involving her in here including a funny one where she first meet Paul Stanley. 

Drew is a great guy too and we always talk about Music and stuff. I will sometimes ask him about certain people he's met and all. A few of these stories made it into the book. I along with a buddy of his suggested awhile back he write a book on his experiences. He also knows Britny Fox and Cinderella 2 of Philly's famous bands from the 80s Glam/Sleaze scene. One of Drew's first gigs was helping friends of his who worked with a little Band from the 80s named Extreme (Perhaps you heard of them before). Another cool story is Skynard at RNC for Bush JR and the one campaign donor event the new president gets to Host that was Barrack Obama. The book also has a ton of photos of Drew and people he's met. One of the people I'm really jealous he met is Joan Jett though. 

Drew does a ton of events and not just local. So if you or someone knows someone looking for someone to get talent to your next show when it can legally and safely happen you can also contact him. He may not be able to help you but will at least have a suggestion of people he knows who can help depending on his schedule 

The Story Goes Like This: Adventures in Comedy & Rock N Roll

When I first got started in the grown up world I moved to New Hampshire for a job back in 1994. I worked for a short time with a girl that went to high school with Sandler. Said he was funny but not overly loud or out there - laid back as you said. Not super popular. 

DJackson10 said:
Drew does a ton of events and not just local. So if you or someone knows someone looking for someone to get talent to your next show when it can legally and safely happen you can also contact him. He may not be able to help you but will at least have a suggestion of people he knows who can help depending on his schedule 

The Story Goes Like This: Adventures in Comedy & Rock N Roll
It would be amazing if Drew could hook me up and get Obama to come to my birthday party in June. 

I can't think of another "comedian" who made more money with the same shtick for so long.

Late 80's on MTV:   LOOK AT ME, I'm a little boy in a man's body, I'm so silly!

90's:  Repeat

2000's:  Hell, why not keep it coming!

2010's:  MORE

Maybe each new generation falls for it, I don't know, but damn it's annoying.  I can't watch 1 minute of the guy.  However I will give him credit for cornering the big baby market.

When I first got started in the grown up world I moved to New Hampshire for a job back in 1994. I worked for a short time with a girl that went to high school with Sandler. Said he was funny but not overly loud or out there - laid back as you said. Not super popular. 
Yep very laid back. Like I said my customer actually was surprised when Sandler asked if they knew so and so and could reach out to them for him. There's a cool Kevin James story with the 3 of them in the book involving my Customers Tetris game though. 

It would be amazing if Drew could hook me up and get Obama to come to my birthday party in June. 
He's not that good. Long shot but he got the gig for Obama because of the company he was partnered with at the time. His Kid who I want to say was no more then 8-10 yrs old got to meet Obama. Imagine meeting any big shot such as a president at that age? 

Users who are viewing this thread