What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Onye Ibekwe (1 Viewer)

I saw Bloom and Chaos here, figured they'd know.

He's some former hoops player teams are looking at to play TE. His "stats" seem very good. Brandt has him running a 4.7 in tall wet grass and I think a 36inch vertical leap. That's about all I know, curious if he's a sneaky sleeper pick in this draft.

I like both him and Jai Lewis at the end of your rookie drafts.
can ya tell us anything about the guy?
All that's really known was covered by Gil Brandt:
On April 1, Onye Ibekwe, who played basketball for Oklahoma State and LBSU, showed off his skills for about 10 teams. He worked out for Jacksonville in the morning at Southwest L.A. College, then worked out again in the afternoon at El Camino College in Torrance for the Bears, Chargers, Colts, Dolphins, Eagles and Vikings. Ibekwe (6-5 3/8, 256) ran a 40 on tall, wet grass in 4.7 seconds. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.35 and the three-cone drill in 7.07, and he had a 36½-inch vertical jump. The coaches who saw him said he caught the ball well in positional drills.

Rob was kind enough to answer my email:

He's an interesting size/speed guy, but is rated considerably lower than

Jai Lewis. Lewis is probably a 5th-6th rounder. Ibekwe might get

drafted, but he is a huge project.

He is blessed with excellent leaping ability, strength and long arms and

impressed pro scouts recently with his quickness and pass catching

ability during an April workout. Scouts have to check into his character

stuff a little. He was suspended for the team's final twelve games due

to a violation of "team rules"...

Users who are viewing this thread