What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Out of the Furnace - Bale, C. Affleck, Harrelson, Dafoe, Whitaker (1 Viewer)

I'm 110% in on this one.

I like every one of the actors and am definitely into the premise.

Seems like the kind of movie I'd get off my butt and go see at the movies.

:hifive:

Great cast, underwhelming movie. Hard for me to put my finger on why I didn't like it. I think perhaps I just expected it to be amazing and it ended up only being decent. Bale and Harrelson were very good. Affleck was trying too hard I think, and everyone else (Whitaker, Dafoe, Saldana, Shepherd) was sort of mailing it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great cast, underwhelming movie. Hard for me to put my finger on why I didn't like it. I think perhaps I just expected it to be amazing and it ended up only being decent. Bale and Harrelson were very good. Affleck was trying too hard I think, and everyone else (Whitaker, Dafoe, Saldana, Shepherd) was sort of mailing it in.
I was disappointed the first time I saw it I think mostly because I also had really high expectations for it. After watching it a couple more times, I enjoyed it much more knowing what I was getting into (less fighting and action than I expected). Bale was great and thought his character here had more depth to it than his other recent great performances in AH and Fighter. Disagree with you about Dafoe, thought he was good, although his character had questionable decision making.

Man what an all star cast! I forgot about this movie until I saw this thread. Watched today, and thought that the movie seemed to end to fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally saw this movie. I kind of agree that it closed up quickly. Kind of reminded me of Winter's Bone a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread