What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Owens to the Giants? (1 Viewer)

ElectricShockey

Footballguy
I'm not sure TO can ever be a Cowboy, after the whole star posing deal, center field. Not to mention, Parcells already has Meshawn and Terry Glenn to deal with. It's been published ... TO would like to go to Atlanta, but I would not be surprised if the Giants pick him up. It makes so much sense. He either works with Coughlin (like Meshawn with Parcels) ..... they are saying the Jets to keep this all secret ..... but you all better get used to hearing, "Eli Manning .... throws deep, caught by Terrell Owens .... he breaks a tackle, he makes a move ..... and he's in for the Touchdown!" and he works hard in practice.Boy, they could made that look easy. Maybe Eli to Owens could be another Montana to Rice kinda deal. If he's being coached by Coughlin .... he's gonna hafta change his attitude.And .... Jeremy Shockey is bigger and badder, and wants the ball too. I can see Owens as a Giant. if he learns his role. I think wherever he ends up, he will need to work on being a team player. I think he will stay in the NFC East too. Washington maybe ..... I wanted Herschel Walker once too, so I just hafta trust the GM's .... and the kids that recently inherited the team. Herschel was a Cowboy, an Eagle and a Giant.There was a time, with Phil Simms and Mark Bavaro .... and a stud WR named Mark Ingram, with Steven Baker "The Touchdown Maker". I was a big fan of Ike Hilliard, but he got hurt a lot, and Tim Carter has some speed. Toomer is old. Plax was a valid free agent pickup .... but a WR like TO? A gamebreaker? Nope. Not since Ingram.Giants will address offensive line in the draft ..... but I would not pass up a cheap contract with TO as a free agent. Toomer is old, Hilliard is gone, Plax is your best receiver .... and Carter? C'mon. Giants let go McCafrey and Jerevicius over the years .... they have been so clueless about thw WR position .... clueless enough .... they could take TO.Would not surprise me, one bit. T.O. to the Giants. To help ween Eli. Have a top notch WR. I guarantee the Giants make a play for someone. Boldin maybe. Arizona is gonna have a hard time keeping Boldin and Fitzgerald.Plax is not working out. He's a big guy, but he doesn't have the hands. Look for the Giants to try and aquire a top notch WR next year. They all know already, this Eli Manning thing is for the long haul. Owens to the Giants?Yeah, it could happen. You heard it here first!Owens will be a Giant next year. Coughlin will change his attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
So who says you have to wait to have a few on New Years Eve. :banned: Owens will go to whoever pays him. At this point in his career there is no changing him. NYG just got Plaxico. They wont spring for Owens.

Well, I duno, what he needs to do in his personal life. He's proven that he is the most talented WR in the NFL .... and I kinda like his antics ... which he has toned down. He was making Jeff Garcia look good when he was with the Niners, dissing the Cowboys like no other player I had ever seen. After years of Michael Irvin and Emmit Smith .... and as a Giants Fan .... I thought that was glorious. I wished he was a Giant.The General is gonna make his decisions .... but I would not be surprised at all if TO is a Giant next year. "Manning to Owens ..... 15 ..... 5 .... touchdown!"I don't see why TO, as an ex-Eagle star, will get passed up by the AFC teams. Washington or The Giants .... he stays in the NFC East.I think he goes to the Giants .... I really do. You heard it here first.

No offense, I can tell you are a Giants fan, and Im sure you are very excited about the possibility, but this thread ranks right up there with the inevitable threads from Colts fans about trading Edge and their 1st rounder to move up to #1 and take Reggie Bush.

Hey, I never said everyone here would agree with me, but the Giants are gonna look to sign a top notch WR next year. They will consider TO. They have to, at the price.I think there's a good chance TO will be a Giant next year.(BTW, a couple years ago the Giants were 6-4, or whatever, and starting to look bad and I said, "I hope the Giants lose out and get Eli Manning in the draft." and they lost 6 straight games and did just that.)Eli Manning to TO and Plax, with Tiki and Jacobs in the backfield.Sounds like that Thunder and Lightning mix we had .... back when Baltimore won with the "I'ma stab ya!" defense.Next year ....Giants, T.O. or not .... gonna be a better offensive team. You can count on that. A dynasty in the making.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would hope, as a Giants Fan we draft a top WR, but knowing the history .... the first pick for NY will be a linebacker. I think the Giants need to address the WR position, via young talent. First, second round pick .... a top WR. If not, address it in free agency ... and Owens is a talented reciever. There's no doubt, Owens is a better WR than any WR ... ever, on the Giants. Sorry, Mark Ingram.So ... you hafta consider, pure skill, even with the bad attitude. I think Owens could actually be happy in New York. He'd get thrown too. Might even catch it. For the Jet's? Noooo ...... are you kidding? Owens was meeting with Giants execs, I guarantee it.Manning to Owens ... with Tiki in the backfield .... can you imagine?Next year baby!

Owens+Shockey+Burress.

I'd pay to watch that implosion.
Nahhh.... it would focus on Tiki, and blocking. He'd either accept it, or not play.Coughlin can change TO around. TO would hafta earn his way into the lineup, and accept his role as a blocker, or whatever. Owens first, needs to decide he's comitted to being a team player.

Owens to the Giants? I don't think it's far fetched at all. Giants or Redskins I think.

But go ahead and freak out, like I just claimed you can't get gonorhea standing up. Ok?

100 to 1? Where do I place my bet?

Owens will go to whoever pays him. At this point in his career there is no changing him. NYG just got Plaxico. They wont spring for Owens.
That all depends on the market for his services.There has to be a pretty small group of teams interested on him. Contenders that feel they are missing a piece of the puzzle that are weak at WR and have a head coach and QB that are willing to put up with TO. Coughlin doesn't seem like a good cantidate but I never thought he'd get along with Shockey and things seem fine thus far.

If nobody shows TO the money than I could easily see TO signing for a little less $ if he could be in the largest media market in the world and be on a playoff team that is assured of playing the Eagles twice a year. With his ego you have to assume he'll think he's going to be the toast of NY and make a ton of endorsment $'s off the field(which could happen).

I'll bet Brian Dawkins would love to see TO in red and blue twice a year.

Coughlin can change TO around.
:lol: Some people will never learn...
If TO performed like he did in 2004 for the NYG next season and the Alexander contract doesn't go well in SEA then the NYG would be heavy favorites to win the NFC. TO's proven he can be on his best behavior for 12 months.I fully realize McNabb and Garcia have made multiple pro-bowls but Eli could be better than either of them. TO might have a career year.

Well, I duno, what he needs to do in his personal life. He's proven that he is the most talented WR in the NFL .... and I kinda like his antics ... which he has toned down.
:eek: :shock: :lmao: We're seeing a TONED DOWN T.O.?!

I don't.....think he will.....go.......to..........the Giants!!!! If he can't follow a no nonsense coach like Andy Reid, how will he step in line with Coughlin? This is the same Coughlin who current Giant players were complaining about in training camp because the workouts and practices were too long and too hard. Yeah I can see Owens...."Come on guys, you heard what the coach said - move them feet, hit that sled, pick it up. We all have to pull together with each other and for each other. Coach can we run some more 40's?"

I don't.....think he will.....go.......to..........the Giants!!!! If he can't follow a no nonsense coach like Andy Reid, how will he step in line with Coughlin? This is the same Coughlin who current Giant players were complaining about in training camp because the workouts and practices were too long and too hard. Yeah I can see Owens...."Come on guys, you heard what the coach said - move them feet, hit that sled, pick it up. We all have to pull together with each other and for each other. Coach can we run some more 40's?"
:lmao: Redskin fan here. You know, I don't think anyone needs another WR more than the Redskins (after Moss, the H-back really catches all the balls right now). That said, I think Gibbs may already be on record as saying, no way he would bring in TO, the idea being that you have a better chance of winning with guys who have quality characters than a bunch of prima donnas (hasn't this been borne out by the New England Patriots of recent years?) I think Washington learned a lot through the Arrington thing...that you can actually live without and even thrive by not cow-towing to the big egos on your team. On a similar note, I'm not sure the Giants need him -- or should want him -- either. The Giants, like the Redskins, are a team on the rise. Neither are elite but both are pretty good and ready to take the next step. So you would think they would want "the final piece," right? However, I think there's just as much of a chance of Owens wrecking their locker room as helping them out. If I were the Giants I woudn't try it. They have a good thing going; why ruin it?

M

I can name about 20 other things the Giants need before a headache like TO. As an Eagles fan I would love to see them go get him.Who needs a secondary, O-Line, and a couple of DTs. Giants need TO !! Eli doesnt have enough weapons in Plax, Barber and Shock.

Coughlin: Hey Plexico get over here with the rest of the team.Plexico: I can hear you from here.Yeah Coughlin will change TO's attitude.(By the way Shockey is not hurt he's pouting from being called out.(lay down in 2nd half vs Skins))If Tiki cannot pull this team out of the muck (west coast weather ref) Raiders win. Giants 1st round buh bye.Now please resume this thread. Yes TO could wind up anywhere.

First of all, for TG - :goodposting:Second, what are y'all smoking, cause I need to get me some of that.Third - The Giants are NOT going to sign Owens. Let us look at some reasons, which might very well be the reasons any self respecting Giants fan would NOT want this monster (in terms of how he can destroy a teams fabric) on their team.(1) Coughlin - Yeah, TO's antics are all about team first, all about listening to authority, all about taking the heat and not dishing it to other teamates. (2) Eli - Yeah, TO's antics are all about building the confidence of a young QB... since, if you haven't noticed, TO waits until a QB is in a moment of weakness and then rips them apart(3) Needs / Finances - Let's see, how much do we have wrapped up between Shock and Burress? I guess some who must not have been watching the Giants this year feel good about bringing a player that can implode a team while that player plays at a position that the Giants are pretty well stocked. WTF is Electric talking about drafting a WR? Have you watched our secondary this year?(4) :lmao: Come on people, not only are the Giants not going to consider TO - for SOOOO many reasons. A Giants fan should not want this idiot. He is not a Giant. He is a selfish player that often causes more harm than he creates production. If he were a Giant, he would probably be the first Giant I would personally boo.

"Old man Toomer" is still a year younger than Owens. A younger man couldn't have alienated three franchises already. And I'm only counting San Fran, Baltimore and Philly. Some team will sign Owens. But a cheap deal? I doubt he is looking for one, especially in the tail of his career. What is he looking for? Does he even know? This guy is erratic. He has become the Dennis Rodman of the NFL. If he put the energy into his game, that he puts into disruption and self promotion, he could have been the receiver of his generation.Doesn't seem like a match for the G-men.

Nahhh.... it would focus on Tiki, and blocking. He'd either accept it, or not play.

Coughlin can change TO around. TO would hafta earn his way into the lineup, and accept his role as a blocker, or whatever. Owens first, needs to decide he's comitted to being a team player.
This belongs on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

There was a time, with Phil Simms and Mark Bavaro .... and a stud WR named Mark Ingram, with Steven Baker "The Touchdown Maker". I was a big fan of Ike Hilliard, but he got hurt a lot, and Tim Carter has some speed. Toomer is old. Plax was a valid free agent pickup .... but a WR like TO? A gamebreaker? Nope. Not since Ingram.
:shock: :lmao:

There was a time, with Phil Simms and Mark Bavaro .... and a stud WR named Mark Ingram, with Steven Baker "The Touchdown Maker". I was a big fan of Ike Hilliard, but he got hurt a lot, and Tim Carter has some speed. Toomer is old. Plax was a valid free agent pickup .... but a WR like TO? A gamebreaker? Nope. Not since Ingram.
:shock: :lmao:
I need to read these things more closely. At least this is an informed :fishing: experiment (informed enough to remember Ingram and Baker, but not informed enough to know that the real gamebreaker like TO hasnt been seen round these parts since Stacey Robinson)

I can't see the G-men spending the money on T.O. They have a big threat in Plex, a top five TE, and Toomer has really come on in the second half of this year. They be better to spend their money some where else. I still think T.O. ends up in Dallas, with him and Terry G as the outside guys and Key as #3 WR it makes a good fit.

:no:

I'd like to on the record as saying in now way do I endorse this thread or the posts in it.
I see the FBG guys respond to Giants Fan threads more logically than the FF Today population does!

As of today, I don't think anyone including TO could have any idea where he will actually end up. I do know all of the speculation earlier this year about TO ending up in Denver made me sick. And no, it won't happen. Whatever coach does take the big risk by signing him needs to put the following note in his locker every day: "Know your role and shut your hole." :football:

Hey, I never said everyone here would agree with me, but the Giants are gonna look to sign a top notch WR next year. They will consider TO. They have to, at the price.

I think there's a good chance TO will be a Giant next year.

(BTW, a couple years ago the Giants were 6-4, or whatever, and starting to look bad and I said, "I hope the Giants lose out and get Eli Manning in the draft." and they lost 6 straight games and did just that.)

Eli Manning to TO and Plax, with Tiki and Jacobs in the backfield.

Sounds like that Thunder and Lightning mix we had .... back when Baltimore won with the "I'ma stab ya!" defense.

Next year ....Giants, T.O. or not .... gonna be a better offensive team. You can count on that. A dynasty in the making.
Please explain to me why you think that is one of their priorities? I think they have a lot more holes in the D secondary. They just spent big bucks at WR last year and they have above average pass catching production at RB and TE. I would think a WR would be relatively low on their list of needs.

(BTW, a couple years ago the Giants were 6-4, or whatever, and starting to look bad and I said, "I hope the Giants lose out and get Eli Manning in the draft." and they lost 6 straight games and did just that.)
Well a couple of years ago when the Giants made the super bowl, I predicted beforehand that the Giants wouldn't score an offensive TD and would get exposed as the frauds that they were.....so clearly you should listen to me here because I know the Giants(using your same logic).

Honestly, I don't think working hard has ever been a problem for TO. His hard work is evident when you watch him run block or sell pass routes that aren't designed to go to him.

back when Baltimore won with the "I'ma stab ya!" defense.
Just when I thought your posting couldn't get any more ignorant. :rolleyes:
Its the only intelligent thing hes said. Its a well known fact Ray Ray will try to stab any RB that runs him over. Ever wonder what happened to Amos Zereoue?

back when Baltimore won with the "I'ma stab ya!" defense.
Just when I thought your posting couldn't get any more ignorant. :rolleyes:
Thanks. That is the funniest thing he said in all of his babble, and I almost missed it.Its a tip that even OJ looks like a saint compared to RL.

No offense, I can tell you are a Giants fan, and Im sure you are very excited about the possibility, but this thread ranks right up there with the inevitable threads from Colts fans about trading Edge and their 1st rounder to move up to #1 and take Reggie Bush.
:loco: No colts fans I know.

Can we just let this thread die the death it deserves? It's a waste of forum space. BTW, I predict that either an AFC or NFC team will win the Super Bowl. Yep, that's right. You heard it here first. Last year I said the same thing and I was right. So I'm saying it again. :IBTL:

Sorry to be petty...but it's the style....of your...writing...as much as...the wildly speculative subject itself...that made me...really annoyed...with your....total Giants homer...post.

Users who are viewing this thread