What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (2 Viewers)

If Goodson is healthy for next week, he's as awesome pickup. Some would say he's a better fit in this running system than McFadden. Also, the schedule is pretty cake soon.

If Goodson is healthy for next week, he's as awesome pickup. Some would say he's a better fit in this running system than McFadden. Also, the schedule is pretty cake soon.
Will Goodson's mere presence suddenly will the O-line to block? He'll get blown up in the backfield just as much as DMac. I figure he'll make up for it in catches and receiving yardage though.

Will Goodson's mere presence suddenly will the O-line to block? He'll get blown up in the backfield just as much as DMac. I figure he'll make up for it in catches and receiving yardage though.
He has only rushed 17 times this year, but he does has 111 yards on those carries. He has found holes when he has been in the game.He has looked betterthan DMC all season, to be honest.

DraftSharks @DraftSharks

Bad news for McFadden. @AdamSchefter is reporting it's a high-ankle sprain. That'd likely cost Run DMC 4+ weeks

Vic Tafur @VicTafur

Darren McFadden getting an MRI Monday, per ESPN. High ankle sprain on first carry, tried to play through it

so theres no news on goodson? should I even care to own one of these loser raider RBs? :confused:
I doubt it. Is Jones better than Gooden or McFadden? Because they ain't done #### either.
Incorrect sir. Goodson has looked fine, especially in the passing game. Palmer clearly feels more comfortable throwing the ball to him rather than DMC out of the backfield. Dare I say Goodson will be beastly in PPR formats.

You think Goodson will perform better than DMC has? You know more about the Raiders than me, so I'll roll with it if that's the case.

I am waiting to hear word on Goodson before putting in a claim.

If he is healthy, this would be the pecking order in PPR right?

Goodson

Reese

Jones

Isn't it a good thing that DMC suffered the injury on the first carry and kept playing through it? Obviously, it would be better if he didn't re-aggravate it, but the initial "high ankle sprain" couldn't have been that serious if he kept playing through it, right?

Isn't it a good thing that DMC suffered the injury on the first carry and kept playing through it? Obviously, it would be better if he didn't re-aggravate it, but the initial "high ankle sprain" couldn't have been that serious if he kept playing through it, right?
a HAS sucks no matter how you slice it, especially for a vag like DMC

wishful thinking. dude is most likely done for the year and we are trying to find out who is picking up the scraps here. :football:

Schefter says that McFadden sustained the injury on his first carry of the game and kept playing before aggravating it in the second quarter. He's scheduled for a Monday MRI and is considered "week to week" for now. If it is a true high-ankle sprain, McFadden is looking at a multi-week absence. His backup, Mike Goodson, also sustained an ankle injury of unknown severity on Sunday. McFadden missed 19 games over his first four NFL seasons due to injury.

I'm pretty much assuming the worst on McFadden...I just wish some more info would come out on Goodson.

I think the drop off between the two would be rather minor if Goodson is able to play, but he was shut down just like DMC, so there is a chance that we are looking at two players with long term injuries.

I've seen a few people speculate that goodsons injury wasn't severe because he didn't get an x-ray...but I have to think there is something going on since he was shut down after he got hurt.

Jimmy Graham played through a high ankle sprain. Then he missed two weeks including the bye. That's probably the best case scenario. However, I don't think that DMC is as tough as Graham. Plus, an ankle injury might impact a RB more than it does a TE. I'm expecting 4+ weeks at a minimum. Time to choose one of Goodson, Reece, and Jones. Goodson is the clear favorite if his injury is minor. Who's the pick should Goodson's injury be severe?

Jimmy Graham played through a high ankle sprain. Then he missed two weeks including the bye. That's probably the best case scenario. However, I don't think that DMC is as tough as Graham. Plus, an ankle injury might impact a RB more than it does a TE. I'm expecting 4+ weeks at a minimum. Time to choose one of Goodson, Reece, and Jones. Goodson is the clear favorite if his injury is minor. Who's the pick should Goodson's injury be severe?
If Goodson is out too, I am going with Reece. He stepped into the RB role yesterday and did well in PPR leagues.

If Goodson is out too, I am going with Reece. He stepped into the RB role yesterday and did well in PPR leagues.
Reece is tricky, because he's been used very little as a runner in the past. Sure, he'll catch passes, but he's been doing that this year anyway. I'm not convinced that he'll actually be running the ball in Oakland, even if Goodson and Mcfadden are both out.

It's quite possible this is just a situation to avoid. Assuming Goodson also suffered a multi week injury (he has been banged up all year), how comfortable would you feel starting Taiwan Jones, who's arguably more injury prone than DMC or Reece, who's used like a 255 pound Darren Sproles on a sub-par offense. My money would be on Reece, in PPR leagues of course, but if DMC held minimal value here what makes anyone think someone else will all of a sudden become start worthy.

Also, all the people cheering that DMC injured himself so they could start Goodson, you look like a bunch of ##### bags. It's only fitting Goodson injured himself a minute later. Karma's a #####.

Last edited by a moderator:
'SameSongNDance said:
It's quite possible this is just a situation to avoid. Assuming Goodson also suffered a multi week injury (he has been banged up all year), how comfortable would you feel starting Taiwan Jones, who's arguably more injury prone than DMC or Reece, who's used like a 255 pound Darren Sproles on a sub-par offense. My money would be on Reece, in PPR leagues of course, but if DMC held minimal value here what makes anyone think someone else will all of a sudden become start worthy.

Also, all the people cheering that DMC injured himself so they could start Goodson, you look like a bunch of ##### bags. It's only fitting Goodson injured himself a minute later. Karma's a #####.
I don't have a dog in the race one way or the other, but you do realize this is fantasy football right...?....Goodson owners who did not own McFadden are obviously going to be excited that DMC is out cause it is good for their fantasy team....it's why they were holding on to Goodson....it doesn't make somebody a bad person when in the context of fantasy football, an injury to a player helps their make believe team in some way....are the Goodson owners not supposed to be happy DMC is out.....?...that makes no sense in the context of this hobby we play....as a fantasy owner, if I own Goodson, you are dang right I am glad DMC is out....that doesn't make me a bad dude....in REAL life I don't like to see anybody get hurt....but injuries are a part of fantasy football and why we have words like "handcuff".....don't be the moral/ethics/judgmental police here and call Goodson owners d-bags because they are excited their move to get DMC's backup might eventualluy pay off....nobody is saying they are glad he is hurt, they are glad he is out....doesn't matter if it is because of injury or because he got arrested and thrown in prison....this is "fantasy" football

So any chance DMC comes back for the fantasy playoffs (weeks 14-16)? He has a really juicy schedule coming up (and the reason I bought low on him) so maybe theres still some hope left? :unsure:

2012, the Year I Owned McFadden.

NEVER AGAIN.

Bust of the year, easily. Yeah yeah yeah, injured players aren't true "busts" and "McFadden is the #20 RB in my PPR league!" but that's just ignoring the obvious. If you drafted McFadden you probably had to use a first round pick to get him, but he's produced like a fourth or fifth rd pick. Owning him this year most likely makes you want to stab your eyes out.

From today's daily email update:

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

McFadden could have a high ankle sprain that keeps him out for an extended period, and his status next week vs. Baltimore in a great matchup is definitely up in the air. The running back to pick up in his place is also up in the air until we learn more about Mike Goodson's condition.
:lol: How many times are we going to hear this?

zOMG... it's a great matchup!!! He actually has a 2% chance to score in this one!

Update on Goodson - apparently didn't need x-rays.

From The SF chronicle about Goodson:

As for Goodson, the fourth-year running back turned his ankle in the third quarter after replacing McFadden. Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle reported after the game that team doctors felt Goodson didn't need X-rays so his injury is probably just a pain tolerance issue at this point.

As for Goodson, the fourth-year running back turned his ankle in the third quarter after replacing McFadden. Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle reported after the game that team doctors felt Goodson didn't need X-rays so his injury is probably just a pain tolerance issue at this point.
Not sure this is an update as that was pretty much the consensus as of yesterday afternoon. Will be good to get something solid.

The thing is, even with just a rolled ankle, I would not feel comfortable trotting Goodson out there next week (I had him as a handcuff to DMC, unfortunately). He seems like the type that would have 2-3 carries and then leave for the rest of the game. So far this season, he's had hamstring, turf toe, and ankle issues, on like 2 carries per game. So frustrated that I held him for so long only to see him go down the minute his name was called.

The thing is, even with just a rolled ankle, I would not feel comfortable trotting Goodson out there next week (I had him as a handcuff to DMC, unfortunately). He seems like the type that would have 2-3 carries and then leave for the rest of the game. So far this season, he's had hamstring, turf toe, and ankle issues, on like 2 carries per game. So frustrated that I held him for so long only to see him go down the minute his name was called.
I agree with you. even if he is named the starter and practices this week I kinda want to see how he does and how the raiders use him. my other options suck, but at least I know those guys roles and have seen them produce

Per RW:

Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson have both been diagnosed with high-ankle sprains.That will leave a hole in your backfield. Players usually miss a minimum of two weeks with high-ankle sprains, but they can often linger for more than a month. Considering both McFadden and Goodson's injury histories, we wouldn't count on a quick return for either player. The Raiders' running game is now in the hands of FB Marcel Reece and pint-sized burner Taiwan Jones. A major asset in the passing game, Reece should at minimum be a strong flex play for Week 10. Jones will be a high-risk, low-reward fantasy option.
Who is everyone going to try and pick up?

(Goodson status updated just above)

If yesterday is any indication, your new OAK RB is a two-headed monster of Myers and Reece. And start Palmer in any league and gambling site you have access to for the next month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread