What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Packers Enamored with LenDale White (1 Viewer)

whoknew

Footballguy
Saw this on CNNSi's rumor page:

A Packers source told The Post that the club is already enamored with USC RB LenDale White and that he would not make it past G.B., which has the fifth pick in the draft. -- N.Y. Post

White was very impressive in the Rose Bowl, but I still find this a little hard to believe.

Saw this on CNNSi's rumor page:

A Packers source told The Post that the club is already enamored with USC RB LenDale White and that he would not make it past G.B., which has the fifth pick in the draft. -- N.Y. Post

White was very impressive in the Rose Bowl, but I still find this a little hard to believe.
Gut call here but I look at White and think he may end up being a better pro than Bush or Lienart. JMHO

Methinks the Packers should schedule a meeting with a Mr. D. Williams, DeAngelo Williams that is, before they pencil in LenDale as the 2nd best RB in this draft. :yes:

Methinks the Packers should schedule a meeting with a Mr. D. Williams, DeAngelo Williams that is, before they pencil in LenDale as the 2nd best RB in this draft. :yes:
Bingo. I'm still not sure why they pass on Mario though, really blows my mind.

All indications are that the Jets will take him if neither Young or Leinart fall to them.And if the Packers do this... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Im all for an RB...but not with defensive guys like Hawk, Hali, M. Williams...out there.

Bingo. I'm still not sure why they pass on Mario though, really blows my mind.
I like Williams as a pass rush guy...but so far everything I read is that he struggles in stopping the run.The Packers already have a guy like that in KGB.

After ripping up one of the top D's in the NCAA, I think NFL scouts are on the White bandwagon. Williams may be a nice prospect, but playing pathetic teams does not show much (and yes Akron sucks). Assuming White does not collapse at the combines, I would wager that he goes before Williams.

After ripping up one of the top D's in the NCAA, I think NFL scouts are on the White bandwagon. Williams may be a nice prospect, but playing pathetic teams does not show much (and yes Akron sucks). Assuming White does not collapse at the combines, I would wager that he goes before Williams.
Shouldn't the Packers be thinking of bolstering the O-line? I never understand why these teams fall in love with RB's that are hyped when sometimes they already have a decent stable of running backs. Why did teams stop drafting for need? Are the days of drafting stud O-linemen in the first round dead and gone?

I have said it before, and I will say it again. After watching White and Bush this season, I think White will be a better pro (not saying Bush won't be great), but I think that White's ability to run between the tackles gives him a slight advantage.But a side note, do people really believe that the first 5 picks will be RBs and QBs or are we thinking too much in fantasy terms???What about Mario or Brickshaw?? I thought that they were top picks??

i highly doubt ted thomson came out and said that he would take white at #5.teddy don't talk.

Shouldn't the Packers be thinking of bolstering the O-line? I never understand why these teams fall in love with RB's that are hyped when sometimes they already have a decent stable of running backs. Why did teams stop drafting for need? Are the days of drafting stud O-linemen in the first round dead and gone?
Find them a stud OG in this draft worthy of the 5th pick and youd have something.They do not need an OT (the typical 1st round stud Olinemen). They are set there...at least for now...with Clifton and Tauscher (two of the better OTs out there).

I have said it before, and I will say it again. After watching White and Bush this season, I think White will be a better pro (not saying Bush won't be great), but I think that White's ability to run between the tackles gives him a slight advantage.

But a side note, do people really believe that the first 5 picks will be RBs and QBs or are we thinking too much in fantasy terms???

What about Mario or Brickshaw?? I thought that they were top picks??
Mario is still a strong possibility for the Packers.I actually would rather them take him, or Hawk, or Hali...than an RB.

i highly doubt ted thomson came out and said that he would take white at #5.

teddy don't talk.
:goodposting: It is also well known that most of the information thrown out by teams prior to the draft is mis-information.

teddy don't talk.
:goodposting: It is also well known that most of the information thrown out by teams prior to the draft is mis-information.
:goodposting: Yup...and in this case...I hope so.

And if the Packers do this... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Im all for an RB...but not with defensive guys like Hawk, Hali, M. Williams...out there.
:yes: White most likely won't be there, but I'd go with a RB in the 2nd, Hawk in the 1st.

Is a stud RB really their biggest need anyway? Gado seems to be just fine if they got other pieces - like DEFENSE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Find them a stud OG in this draft worthy of the 5th pick and youd have something.They do not need an OT (the typical 1st round stud Olinemen). They are set there...at least for now...with Clifton and Tauscher (two of the better OTs out there).
Good point. Guards are said to be a dime a dozen, however if you you don't have a good one, you'll certainly know it. I just remember when Jacksonville had it's first draft, did they take a QB or a RB in the first round? Nooooo...they took a stud left tackle and proceeded to draft good to great O-lineman and built one of the best O-lines in the league for several years which enabled them to make that miracle run in the playoffs in their second or third year in existence. I'm just getting tired of seeing these teams draft RB, RB, RB, RB (Denver, Minny) or WR, WR, WR, WR (Detroit) or QB, QB, QB, QB (Chicago) when they don't need those positions...just wasting talent if you ask me. I'd be pissed if I were a stud RB coming out of college and got drafted by a team that already had 3 or 4 good RB's. What the hell is Bush gonna do in Houston that DD can't do? Especially with that inept O-line and QB? They still don't have a HC and a raw OC. It just boggles the mind. :no:

teddy don't talk.
Exactly to all of this. When NFL teams prepare for the draft, they don't let out secrets about what they will do. Plus it would be foolish to box yourself in at this stage. Even NFL teams with the No. 1 pick have been secretive about their selection. It's strategy folks.

And if the Packers do this... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

:yes: White most likely won't be there, but I'd go with a RB in the 2nd, Hawk in the 1st.

Is a stud RB really their biggest need anyway? Gado seems to be just fine if they got other pieces - like DEFENSE!
Agree...especially with the possibility of a guy like Calhoun sitting there in the 2nd.

Hawk, Super Mario, or Brick will be a Packer in my opinion. Or TT will trade back as was his MO last season. I tend to think they make the pick and take the BPA.

Hawk, Super Mario, or Brick will be a Packer in my opinion. Or TT will trade back as was his MO last season.

I tend to think they make the pick and take the BPA.
If they can get value...Im all for a trade down and still being able to take a solid defensive player. Greenway...I do not think they take Brick there. What good does another good OT do unless they really want to move Clifton or Tauscher to guard.

You mean like the Bears? Yeah, they are fine without him but imagine what they could have done with another defensive player in the draft.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. After watching White and Bush this season, I think White will be a better pro (not saying Bush won't be great), but I think that White's ability to run between the tackles gives him a slight advantage.

But a side note, do people really believe that the first 5 picks will be RBs and QBs or are we thinking too much in fantasy terms???

What about Mario or Brickshaw?? I thought that they were top picks??
Mario is still a strong possibility for the Packers.I actually would rather them take him, or Hawk, or Hali...than an RB.
Kiper is predicting the Packers to take Mario. Hawk would also be tough to pass up IMO, but I don't see them going RB.

I picture it as thisPackers source: "These aren't the droids you're looking for."Post Reporter: "These aren't the droids we're looking for."

Users who are viewing this thread