What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Packers vs Cowboys - Week 5 (1 Viewer)

Amazing people here can understand what Dallas needed to do but the actual coaches do not understand.
Doesn't matter really. You need the TD so you go for it. Either way, TO or no, you need an onside kick. So what does it matter?

Poor clock management by the Cowboys. They could be kicking this FG with 2:10 on the clock, saving both the 2 minute warning and their timeout.

Amazing people here can understand what Dallas needed to do but the actual coaches do not understand.

Weve all grown up playing Tecmo, NFL2k, Madden,  We’ve simulated hundreds if not thousands of more games than these coaches have. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't matter really. You need the TD so you go for it. Either way, TO or no, you need an onside kick. So what does it matter?
Ok add you to the clueless list.  YOU HAVE TO SCORE BEFORE THE 2 MINUTE WARNING either a FG or a TD does not matter which.

Then you don't have to onside kick and you have 2 timeouts (1 plus 2 minute warning) if you hold them to a 3 and out you have over 1 minute left.

Now let's play your way hey it don't matter and they get the TD with 1:40 left.......oh wait we are screwed if we don't get the onside kick because GB can run the clock down to 10 seconds but hey we only need a FG I am sure we can go 80 yards and get in FG in 10 seconds........

I’m being serious. 
I'm actually one of his defenders and like him, but today was over the top. One example was the PI, Pierera said it was an easy call, there was no overturn of the call, and yet he complained about it into and out of the commercial after the next play even was ran.

That's just one example today, but the fanboyism was strong. I wouldn't expect you to see it because you're a Cowpoke fan, just like if that was Favre doing commentary I wouldn't have heard it either.

Ok add you to the clueless list.  YOU HAVE TO SCORE BEFORE THE 2 MINUTE WARNING either a FG or a TD does not matter which.

Then you don't have to onside kick and you have 2 timeouts (1 plus 2 minute warning) if you hold them to a 3 and out you have over 1 minute left.

Now let's play your way hey it don't matter and they get the TD with 1:40 left.......oh wait we are screwed if we don't get the onside kick because GB can run the clock down to 10 seconds but hey we only need a FG I am sure we can go 80 yards and get in FG in 10 seconds........
Disagree. I know what you're trying to do but they haven't stopped GB to a 3 and out all day. There was 2:05 left, 5 seconds will run off the kick if they kick it in play. So there goes your 2 min warning. One timeout will only leave you about 20 seconds left deep in your own end for a TD. 

Not everything is cut and dry. Maher is no guarantee as you see. 

Basically it comes down to: which scenario do you prefer:

1. trail by 7 with ~2:05 on the clock (with 1 timeout left, plus the 2 minute warning)

2. trail by 3 with ~1:40 on the clock (with no timeouts left)

With Scenario #1, you DON'T have to recover the onside kick, but you DO have to score a touchdown.

With Scenario #2, you DON'T have to score a touchdown, but you DO have to recover the onside kick.

I'm no math genius, but my gut tells me that Scenario #1 gives you the better chance of winning -- if only because it's so difficult to recover an onside kick these days.

Dallas blew it they had to score before the 2 minute warning basically have no chance to win now.  Kick the FG with 2:29 left then you don't have to do an onside kick.

They could still get the ball back with over 1 minute left down 7 if they hold GB to 3 and out.

Now they blew it have to get onside kick which is now like 5% chance with the rules the way they are the last 2 years for onside kicks.
Have you seen the Packers cover onside kicks?

Someone said a couple weeks ago that the Dallas kicker may have a shot at a 70 yarder, he may wanna focus on the chip shots first though. Like I said then and still seems true, he’s not that impressive 2 misses today and neither from 70 yards. 

Not sure if the Packers are good or the Cowboys are just that bad. I think the late Dallas scoring run came with quite a few Packer defensive starters on the sideline. I had company and was grilling so I missed some of the 2nd half. Can anyone confirm? TIA

Not sure if the Packers are good or the Cowboys are just that bad. I think the late Dallas scoring run came with quite a few Packer defensive starters on the sideline. I had company and was grilling so I missed some of the 2nd half. Can anyone confirm? TIA
Savage out, Smith hurt but going in and out.  King hobbled a bit.  Poor communication mostly.

This Pack D looks for real. Talented at all 3 levels on D and just overwhelmed the Boys up front. And Jones when healthy is clearly one of the most talented backs in the league.

JMO Going to be a Super Bowl contender with this D if they (and obviously Rodgers/Jones) can remain healthy. Really like this unit.

This Pack D looks for real. Talented at all 3 levels on D and just overwhelmed the Boys up front. And Jones when healthy is clearly one of the most talented backs in the league.

JMO Going to be a Super Bowl contender with this D if they (and obviously Rodgers/Jones) can remain healthy. Really like this unit.
They need to work on their communication.  They did allow Dallas over 500 yards.  BTW, did Rashan Gary paly today.  I was in a loud and busy environment watching the game and I don't recall seeing him.  did I miss it or was he a scratch?

This was another poorly officiated game, with both teams getting some calls. TBH, I feel like the Pack got the benefit of more bad calls, and one non call on the pick by King. So many calls have been made this year on so much less contact. Obviously, I loved it and glad we got it, but I personally felt like they missed the call or what could have been worse was offsetting calls as the WR was doing his share of hand fighting as well, maybe that’s why they didn’t call anything. It just seems like in an attempt to give the coaches more voice, they have completely jacked up an already mis-called, jacked up penalty. At least they have calmed down a little on the holding calls or so it seems. 

Well Dallas will be off to another game where they can feel good about themselves.  Like Miami and Washington the Jets are a great tonic for self delusion.  They ought to come out of that on top of the world, again.

The Packers, well a divisional game at home against their fifth opponent this year with a winning record.  They cannot afford to let down or to lose.  They have much to tighten down, but there are some signs they are improving week to week.  sure it is two steps forward and one step back, but that does put them forward a bit. I wonder what the long range weather forecast has for that game.  I know here in Denver it is suppose to snow Thursday and Friday and then be cold on through Sunday.  Could Detroit see a bit of weather in Green Bay?   

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread