What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (1 Viewer)

I don't know if any of you know this, but if you throw gems at the vendors with +X% quality, and the total quality is 40 or greater, you get a Gem Cutter Prism out of the exchange. Not bad for when you get crap ones with percents.

My trade thread: My link

Special discounts for FBGs. I have more stuff, but I got tired of putting it in.
Nice - Chain is generally about a GCP right?ETA you should throw a few linking orbs at some of those to see if you can get a 6L.

Last edited by a moderator:

Special discounts for FBGs. I have more stuff, but I got tired of putting it in.
Nice - Chain is generally about a GCP right?ETA you should throw a few linking orbs at some of those to see if you can get a 6L.
Chances against are astronomical. I'd do it with something I'd want to wear, somebody else can do it with things I sell:) Got a GCP for LMP and 2 4 link items.I traded Newly Retired a GMP and Chain for an exalted, so GCP sounds about right for chain.

Chances against are astronomical. I'd do it with something I'd want to wear, somebody else can do it with things I sell:) Got a GCP for LMP and 2 4 link items.I traded Newly Retired a GMP and Chain for an exalted, so GCP sounds about right for chain.
I'll do that if you are good with it.

I don't know if any of you know this, but if you throw gems at the vendors with +X% quality, and the total quality is 40 or greater, you get a Gem Cutter Prism out of the exchange. Not bad for when you get crap ones with percents.
and you can just thrown them one gem that is a 20% and that gets you a GCP by itselfhttp://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vendor_Recipes

'Mad Cow said:
'SHIZNITTTT said:
I am only putting out 700dps at level 55. IT is a 1 handed player, but it seems really low at this point. Also, I can be blown away pretty quickly by chaos and those dogs that spit frost on the docks. There is one SUPER DOG on the docks that glows red/yellow and we had 5 people hitting with everything we had and couldn't even bring down his shield. IT was freaking amazing. I TP'd the #### out when it got down to me and saved my EXP points.
What weapon type? Maybe I have one in storage that could help you.
Chimeric Sever Wrist Chopper (RARE YELLOW ITEM)

Physical Damage 72-187

APS 1.27

75% Increased Physical Damage

ADD 12 - 15 Physical Damage

15% Increased Attack Speed

15 Increased Global Critical Strike Mulitiplier

+2 Life Gain For Every Enemy Hit

Also, I have some QUALITY gems that I was selling at 1 Chaos each and a guy stopped me. :lol: he said he couldn't take advantage of me that much! I have an elemental 15% quality that I was trying to sell for 1 chaos. He said it was worth at least 1 EXALT! I was like I don't use it, but thanks for the "heads up!"

'Mad Cow said:
'SHIZNITTTT said:
I am only putting out 700dps at level 55. IT is a 1 handed player, but it seems really low at this point. Also, I can be blown away pretty quickly by chaos and those dogs that spit frost on the docks. There is one SUPER DOG on the docks that glows red/yellow and we had 5 people hitting with everything we had and couldn't even bring down his shield. IT was freaking amazing. I TP'd the #### out when it got down to me and saved my EXP points.

Physical Damage 72-187

APS 1.27

I might be willing to loan it to you. I started a shadow last week for this claw and the other one to go all wolverine on mobs. :)

'Mad Cow said:
'SHIZNITTTT said:

Physical Damage 72-187

APS 1.27

I might be willing to loan it to you. I started a shadow last week for this claw and the other one to go all wolverine on mobs. :)
Sure why not. Whare are the links? Color?

0.10.2 is up
And... They nerfed the hell out of the vendor chaos orb recipe. Now rewards chance instead.
Break this down like I am mentally now well.
Old recipe was basically a whole set of gear that was rare, trade it in and get a chaos. Now you get a chance. Or if you use really high level items, 2-3 chances. Also, if you used 20% quality items, you used to get a regal. Now you get chance. Massive nerf.

My character build got wiped by the new skill tree. It was like a full respec with out spending any regret orbs. I stayed with the same build because I wanted to continue it to conclusion. Unfortunately where I was headed has changed a bit so I need to re-plan my next 20 or so points. The skill tree tool is going to need a new update as well with this change

0.10.2 is up
And... They nerfed the hell out of the vendor chaos orb recipe. Now rewards chance instead.
Old recipe was basically a whole set of gear that was rare, trade it in and get a chaos. Now you get a chance. Or if you use really high level items, 2-3 chances. Also, if you used 20% quality items, you used to get a regal. Now you get chance. Massive nerf.
I think you slightly misread the change in the rare gear. It is not a full nerf. You can actually get much better than a Chaos orb under the right recipe now. Here is the text of the change. You can get up to three regal orbs which is pretty good.A set of vendor recipes related to handing in complete sets of rare gear have been changed. The rewards are now based on the item levels of the gear and can range from one Orb of Chance to three Regal Orbs under certain conditions.

Also, where did you see the change for the 20% item trade in? I may have missed it in the release notes http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/227309

0.10.2 is up
I think you slightly misread the change in the rare gear. It is not a full nerf. You can actually get much better than a Chaos orb under the right recipe now. Here is the text of the change. You can get up to three regal orbs which is pretty good.A set of vendor recipes related to handing in complete sets of rare gear have been changed. The rewards are now based on the item levels of the gear and can range from one Orb of Chance to three Regal Orbs under certain conditions.

Also, where did you see the change for the 20% item trade in? I may have missed it in the release notes http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/227309
No, I didn't. I and others have tried with high level rares, just chance. One person did it with all level 60+ item level rares, chance orb. Same thing with the regal recipe. Maybe if you get level 70 gear from maps you can get something more, but for right now it's a huge nerf. There's a thread on the forums about it.

0.10.2 is up

No, I didn't. I and others have tried with high level rares, just chance. One person did it with all level 60+ item level rares, chance orb. Same thing with the regal recipe. Maybe if you get level 70 gear from maps you can get something more, but for right now it's a huge nerf. There's a thread on the forums about it.
So are the release notes are wrong or is there a bug?

Dang, I'd be sad if I got a full reset after trading for and buying all these regrets.

Oh wow, my ranger did not get reset, but my lvl 56 marauder DID. I had made it up by those health nodes. So, the question is, do I keep this dude melee, or do I make him the bow-casting badass?

Oh wow, my ranger did not get reset, but my lvl 56 marauder DID. I had made it up by those health nodes. So, the question is, do I keep this dude melee, or do I make him the bow-casting badass?
I hope my Marauder did!EDIT TO ADDYES it did get reset! WOOHOO.Now I can redo all those points with a guided build. ROCK ON POE!

Also, I have some QUALITY gems that I was selling at 1 Chaos each and a guy stopped me. :lol: he said he couldn't take advantage of me that much! I have an elemental 15% quality that I was trying to sell for 1 chaos. He said it was worth at least 1 EXALT! I was like I don't use it, but thanks for the "heads up!"
Elemental hit?

Elemental hit?
yes that is it.I was offered 4 GCP, but got scared that is worth more tonight.

I hope my Marauder did!EDIT TO ADDYES it did get reset! WOOHOO.Now I can redo all those points with a guided build. ROCK ON POE!
Damn. My 66 Marauder didn't get reset.
WOnder why? I was given 54 skill tree points to reset. I was going to follow a build, but the builds are messed up because the tree is different. I will wait a couple of days. This was a gift because my build was ####ed!

Damn. My 66 Marauder didn't get reset.
WOnder why? I was given 54 skill tree points to reset. I was going to follow a build, but the builds are messed up because the tree is different. I will wait a couple of days. This was a gift because my build was ####ed!
Dunno. I was following a pretty good build, maybe that's why. I haven't really wasted any points.

Elemental hit?
Congrats, its a very valuable quality gem.In addition to it being an amazing skill it also has an insane quality bonus. Its worth more than an exalt in my opinion.

Elemental hit?
Congrats, its a very valuable quality gem.In addition to it being an amazing skill it also has an insane quality bonus. Its worth more than an exalt in my opinion.
I wold not sell it. I would build a new char based on it and would even spend 5gcp to get it to 20.

Elemental hit?
I wold not sell it. I would build a new char based on it and would even spend 5gcp to get it to 20.
First, I would like to thank Mad Cow for talking about "Quality Gems" I have never paid attention to it before. So I go through my countless gems and low and behold I found a few good ones.18% Quality Burning Arrow15% Elemental Hit15% Detonate Dead

DRagons, I am online now if you want to trade for the Scrolls of Knowledge
Thanks for the offer, but I was able solve the problem. I sold a few orb of transmutation to increase my stash. And now I seem to be keeping up, the scroll drops have increased as you said they would.

Elemental hit?
For Sale Hit me up if you interested.

You should get credit.
Didn't. :( Oh well, I'll make another run tonight.By the way, can someone list again the good zones to farm in each Act? I know (and used) The Ledge in Act I.
I would be happy to help later. I have my ranger that needs that kill. I say we join a group and hit it fast.
Sounds like a plan! I'll look for you tonight when I can sit down un-interrupted for an hour or two. I haven't fought in a group before, hopefully I don't embarrass the FBG regiment. ;)

I am pretty sure I will stay with melee Marauder, but trying to decide if I want to stay leap slam, or if I want to try the ground slam. . .

I am pretty sure I will stay with melee Marauder, but trying to decide if I want to stay leap slam, or if I want to try the ground slam. . .
I think leap slam is a must use if only for escapes, not that you shouldnt use GS, but I would always have leap slam available if it suits your equipment.

I think leap slam is a must use if only for escapes, not that you shouldnt use GS, but I would always have leap slam available if it suits your equipment.
No question LS is great, but there is a build I am looking at that uses it as the primary attack.ETA it is what I had been doing already anyway.

Questions:

What supports are best to add to something like flame totem? Would life on hit give you life, or your totem? Does added fire damage even do anything since it converts physical damage?

No question LS is great, but there is a build I am looking at that uses it as the primary attack.ETA it is what I had been doing already anyway.
I paired Leap Slam with 30% increase to damage when at full health. It's pretty awesome

Users who are viewing this thread