What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (7 Viewers)

Back to farming Again for me. Currently selling alts like crazy to people for chaos. Just when I thought it was over BOOM it stays over again.
20:1 still? I have about 200 I would like to turn.
Offer them online chat. Tough to move so many at once, but you never know. I trade usually for around 1 to 2 chaos per transaction.
Just sold 80 (20:1) within 2 minutes of sending a message in trade chat.

Back to farming Again for me. Currently selling alts like crazy to people for chaos. Just when I thought it was over BOOM it stays over again.
20:1 still? I have about 200 I would like to turn.
Offer them online chat. Tough to move so many at once, but you never know. I trade usually for around 1 to 2 chaos per transaction.
Just sold 80 (20:1) within 2 minutes of sending a message in trade chat.
:thumbsup:

I just picked up a 5 link http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/300071 what is this thing worth realistically?
Rough, bittersweet finding low level 5Ls.I just sold two lvl 50-60 ES 5Ls for 3.5 GCP each, both were ilvl 68.

I would say around a GCP for a <40 5L.
Cool. So do you think it would be best to just sell as is for around 1 GCP? Or try and up it's value?
I don't think you can up its value. Also, you cant trade default league items with hardcore league. Its a one way relationship, hardcore comes to default when they die, default can't interact with them. Also, they have a much better economy :cry:

Just busted out Fetid and Dweller. Need Brutus and on from there. I hate that progression. So much crap in the prison, etc.

Huh. Just got an Exalted orb for 15 Chaos. Seems like a good deal.
For sure. Looking for a quality Life Leech, and quality rain of arrows.
I just picked up a +12% rain of arrows if you're interested. I haven't been playing for long, not terribly sure what it's worth. Something in the neighborhood of like 2 GCP? Actually, what I could really use is one of those crappy 5link ES chests that I think you've already sold, or a nice 4link high ES circlet, especially if you don't have much currency.

Is there a good rain of arrows ranger build out there? I'm doing the lightning one but really enjoy dropping death en masse on mobs with rain.

I just picked up a +12% rain of arrows if you're interested. I haven't been playing for long, not terribly sure what it's worth. Something in the neighborhood of like 2 GCP? Actually, what I could really use is one of those crappy 5link ES chests that I think you've already sold, or a nice 4link high ES circlet, especially if you don't have much currency.
I have a good ES circlet. What level you need?

My character's a level 73 witch, so basically the higher the better at this point. I've had pretty good luck finding suitable gear and gems so far - found a bad 5l ev/es chest around level 50 or so and it's been plenty to mow mobs down all the way to low level solo maps. What I really need is just a stepping stone in headgear/chest so that when (if) I ever run higher level maps I can get my ES up to like 4k and hopefully boost survivability a little bit. I've only had really terrible luck with headgear, for whatever reason, and I have this dumb magic thing that has like 158 ES and the only other mod is accuracy, which is useless to me. Even a white medium level (50-60ish) 4l circlet would be fine, I have enough currency to mod it up to respectability and hunt down some better gear.Now that I think of it, I want temporal chains too. Haven't found it in my wanderings so far.Oh, and I have some stuff clogging up my inventory that may or may not be any good, so if you (or anyone else) want to take a look through it I'm happy to sell it cheap or just give it away. It seems like the bartering system in this game is too onerous and time consuming to be worth messing with very much, so I just end up vendoring good stuff if I can't use it.

My character's a level 73 witch, so basically the higher the better at this point. I've had pretty good luck finding suitable gear and gems so far - found a bad 5l ev/es chest around level 50 or so and it's been plenty to mow mobs down all the way to low level solo maps. What I really need is just a stepping stone in headgear/chest so that when (if) I ever run higher level maps I can get my ES up to like 4k and hopefully boost survivability a little bit. I've only had really terrible luck with headgear, for whatever reason, and I have this dumb magic thing that has like 158 ES and the only other mod is accuracy, which is useless to me. Even a white medium level (50-60ish) 4l circlet would be fine, I have enough currency to mod it up to respectability and hunt down some better gear.Now that I think of it, I want temporal chains too. Haven't found it in my wanderings so far.Oh, and I have some stuff clogging up my inventory that may or may not be any good, so if you (or anyone else) want to take a look through it I'm happy to sell it cheap or just give it away. It seems like the bartering system in this game is too onerous and time consuming to be worth messing with very much, so I just end up vendoring good stuff if I can't use it.
I have that gem too. What is your game name?

Pretty sure I have a big upgrade for you at circlet. We can talk with that and temporal chain and the rain gem if that works for you.

Pretty sure I have a big upgrade for you at circlet. We can talk with that and temporal chain and the rain gem if that works for you.
Sounds great. IGN: TheBarristerI'm on.
I jumped on and sent several whispers. You must have been deep in game. Tomorrow.
Ah, sorry I don't know what the hell I'm doing with party/friend stuff. Never used it so you'll unfortunately have to bear with me. I'm terrible at it at the moment. OK, if you're on tomorrow that works for me.

I jumped on and sent several whispers. You must have been deep in game. Tomorrow.
Ah, sorry I don't know what the hell I'm doing with party/friend stuff. Never used it so you'll unfortunately have to bear with me. I'm terrible at it at the moment. OK, if you're on tomorrow that works for me.
Some other person (presumably from the thread) donated temporal chains and I was whispering back to him in response to you. I was in a map and didn't realize it was a different username. So he likely thinks/realizes that I don't have any idea what the hell I'm doing. Thank you, mysterious stranger. You're a gentleman and a scholar. Sorry I sent you insane messages that made no sense.And I'll make that swap tomorrow, madcow. I guess just keep TC, that circlet will be a big upgrade. Appreciate it.

Some other person (presumably from the thread) donated temporal chains and I was whispering back to him in response to you. I was in a map and didn't realize it was a different username. So he likely thinks/realizes that I don't have any idea what the hell I'm doing. Thank you, mysterious stranger. You're a gentleman and a scholar. Sorry I sent you insane messages that made no sense.And I'll make that swap tomorrow, madcow. I guess just keep TC, that circlet will be a big upgrade. Appreciate it.
No Problem. It was pretty funny to read.

I just picked up a 5 link http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/300071 what is this thing worth realistically?
Rough, bittersweet finding low level 5Ls.I just sold two lvl 50-60 ES 5Ls for 3.5 GCP each, both were ilvl 68.

I would say around a GCP for a <40 5L.
Cool. So do you think it would be best to just sell as is for around 1 GCP? Or try and up it's value?
sold it for 7 chaos tonight. kept getting around the 6 mark

Ok so I have a question that I should already know the answer but here goes ... What is " god like" and perfect rolls, legendary and other like terms when dealing with gear. End of game gear? Just because a person used it to end game doesn't mean it is good right?

Ok so I have a question that I should already know the answer but here goes ... What is " god like" and perfect rolls, legendary and other like terms when dealing with gear. End of game gear? Just because a person used it to end game doesn't mean it is good right?
End game gear should just be the best gear available in game. I'm sure you can finish the game with some crappy gear.

Godlike is a dumb buzzword that means nothing. Perfect roll refers to a absolute best roll possible for a specific affix on an item.If an item had +110 life it would be a perfect life roll. Uniques have only a couple of affix ranges each, most of the affixes are static values that are always the same so if someone says perfect *insert unique here* they are saying the affixes that have variable values are perfect.

'Run It Up said:
'SHIZNITTTT said:
Godlike is a dumb buzzword that means nothing. Perfect roll refers to a absolute best roll possible for a specific affix on an item.If an item had +110 life it would be a perfect life roll. Uniques have only a couple of affix ranges each, most of the affixes are static values that are always the same so if someone says perfect *insert unique here* they are saying the affixes that have variable values are perfect.
Where can I learn about the best starts an item can have? 7 is the most states an item can have correct, and the number of links Max? Now if you wanna know about orbs I am your guy when it comes to value.

'Run It Up said:
'SHIZNITTTT said:
Where can I learn about the best starts an item can have? 7 is the most states an item can have correct, and the number of links Max? Now if you wanna know about orbs I am your guy when it comes to value.
Check out affixes and suffixes on the POE wiki site.

'Run It Up said:
'SHIZNITTTT said:
Check out affixes and suffixes on the POE wiki site.
This, or you could got to the official website, the game tab has a drop down menu, one of the options is "items". In the items page you can look through all the required levels and base stats of all items, as well as all possible prefix and suffixes as well as their required itemlevel to be possible to roll them.

Just sold 160 trans at 20:1 for alchs.

Two minutes after I tried selling them for 25:1.

The only orbs I have are Alchemys, I never thought I would have this problem

Just sold 160 trans at 20:1 for alchs.Two minutes after I tried selling them for 25:1.The only orbs I have are Alchemys, I never thought I would have this problem
The only orbs people want are chaos or higher. The market is really bad right now. It is only going to get worst until ggg adds more content.

I can't believe how many hours I am going to get out of a free game (yes I bought extra tabs for stash but still).

I am at about 110 hours on first character and am in just middle of Act 3 Cruel.

I still want to try merciless with first character

I want to roll a brand new fire witch, zombie minion character

I want to try some of the 1 hour events

I want to try hardcore a few times

I want to try a totem based character.

It would not shock me to clear 350-400 hours in this game which would be far more than any console game I ever played.

I can't believe how many hours I am going to get out of a free game (yes I bought extra tabs for stash but still).

I am at about 110 hours on first character and am in just middle of Act 3 Cruel.

It would not shock me to clear 350-400 hours in this game which would be far more than any console game I ever played.
I'm playing that, right now.I've been totally abusing firestorm, or whatever that spell is.

what's your char?

They're fun. I seem to pick up more orbs than usual. Plus, if you die, game over, you don't have to worry about it any more.I'm about to give up on my level 73 Marauder. People are always #####ing about how melee is screwed in this game, and I'm beginning to see why. It's like I don't have 2k armor or 3k life, doesn't matter, any mob touches me and I'm dead. I can keep them stun locked most of the time, but if I lag at all (frequent) or they swarm me/jump teleport behind me I'm dead. Pisses me off. Was running the endurance charge build, doesn't make any difference. Keep the mobs from hitting you or your dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe how many hours I am going to get out of a free game (yes I bought extra tabs for stash but still).I am at about 110 hours on first character and am in just middle of Act 3 Cruel.I still want to try merciless with first characterI want to roll a brand new fire witch, zombie minion characterI want to try some of the 1 hour eventsI want to try hardcore a few timesI want to try a totem based character.It would not shock me to clear 350-400 hours in this game which would be far more than any console game I ever played.
They're fun. I seem to pick up more orbs than usual. Plus, if you die, game over, you don't have to worry about it any more.I'm about to give up on my level 73 Marauder. People are always #####ing about how melee is screwed in this game, and I'm beginning to see why. It's like I don't have 2k armor or 3k life, doesn't matter, any mob touches me and I'm dead. I can keep them stun locked most of the time, but if I lag at all (frequent) or they swarm me/jump teleport behind me I'm dead. Pisses me off. Was running the endurance charge build, doesn't make any difference. Keep the mobs from hitting you or your dead.
In comparing my level 43 ranger to my 69 marauder, I really like my marauder more. He just kills things faster. I am hoping now that I finally have blood magic and can start adding more elemental damage the ranger will get better, but there is just something fun about the leap slam, too. I love my mexican jumping marauder.

I can't believe how many hours I am going to get out of a free game (yes I bought extra tabs for stash but still).I am at about 110 hours on first character and am in just middle of Act 3 Cruel.I still want to try merciless with first characterI want to roll a brand new fire witch, zombie minion characterI want to try some of the 1 hour eventsI want to try hardcore a few timesI want to try a totem based character.It would not shock me to clear 350-400 hours in this game which would be far more than any console game I ever played.
well, are they using chaos damage?

I think that ignores armor, but I'm not 100%

I can't believe how many hours I am going to get out of a free game (yes I bought extra tabs for stash but still). I am at about 110 hours on first character and am in just middle of Act 3 Cruel. I still want to try merciless with first characterI want to roll a brand new fire witch, zombie minion characterI want to try some of the 1 hour eventsI want to try hardcore a few timesI want to try a totem based character. It would not shock me to clear 350-400 hours in this game which would be far more than any console game I ever played.
I'm playing that, right now.I've been totally abusing firestorm, or whatever that spell is.what's your char?
I only have one character right now. Ranger, bow

well, are they using chaos damage?

I think that ignores armor, but I'm not 100%
No, it's just regular damage. It's ridiculous, get to Act 3 Merciless with a Melee char and let me know how you do.

What is the "norm" when it comes to partying and loot? A pair of boots drops that are unique that are for another player. That player picks them up and then drops them...I pick them up and he texts " I am full send those boots to me." ???

Would you give them back? Or, at this point is it a FFA? Thanks.

I'm not melee, but EK so pretty similar, this is on HC Merciless A2

L66

Resists: 72/75/75/-40

Armor (no auras): 1767 (21%)
Life/s: 126.8
HP: 2594
ES: 214

w/ Grace + Discipline (no inner force yet)
Armor: 3820 (37%)
ES: 521

Armor (Molten Shell): 5178 (45%)
w/ 5 end charges: 70% reduction from armor
Life/s: 152.7

I'm having a pretty easy time, I'm sure maps would kick my butt right now

L66

Ek pretty much crushes everything, so I think you'd be fine, also I would consider running Determination with that build, your armor is right on the threshold and Determination would push it well over.

L66

Ek pretty much crushes everything, so I think you'd be fine, also I would consider running Determination with that build, your armor is right on the threshold and Determination would push it well over.
I do sometimes swap Hatred out for Determination, plus I bet inner force would help quite a bit, want to finish out a few more points before going for IF though.

Users who are viewing this thread