What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patrick Crayton - Dynasty Prospects? (1 Viewer)

C

CrossEyed

With Glenn being injured and getting older does Crayton figure to be the #2 in Dallas next year? Where does he rank among young WRs as a dynasty prospect?

Before the Owens aquisition there were some posted comments from Dallas fans...Most were'nt too keen on Owens mainly because they thought they had the next rising star in Crayton..Befor he was injured last year his numbers looked pretty good...Given opptunity this year he seems to look very good...With an aging Glenn and who knows about Owens....I'm picking him up this week in my dynasty league...

I like him a lot, and think he has a bright future with Romo throwing to him as a WR2. His biggest problem is having Glenn in front of him.

I picked him up 3-4 times in one of my leagues but kept having to drop him for bye issues at other positions. I was lucky enough to snag him again before last week and even started him confidently over Randy Moss. If both Glenn and TO are playing he just won't get enough looks but otherwise has top 30 written all over him. Great dynasty league pickup.

a few things about crayton.

he's solid, but not a budding superstar. as long as owens is in dallas, he will get all the action, right or wrong.

it seems that sam hurd has passed crayton already.

romo aint that good, give him time to prove it.

a few things about crayton.

he's solid, but not a budding superstar. as long as owens is in dallas, he will get all the action, right or wrong.

romo aint that good, give him time to prove it.
Then why is it that Hurd only has 5 receptions all year?

digdug said:
a few things about crayton.he's solid, but not a budding superstar. as long as owens is in dallas, he will get all the action, right or wrong.it seems that sam hurd has passed crayton already.romo aint that good, give him time to prove it.
Romo took over for Bledsoe mid-game in week 7; here are Crayton's game-by-game stats:
Code:
+----------+--------+-------------+----+| WK  OPP  |  RSHYD |  REC   YD   | TD |+----------+--------+-------------+----+|  1  jax  |	 0  |	0	 0  |  0 ||  2  was  |	 0  |	2	14  |  1 ||  4  ten  |	 0  |	0	 0  |  0 ||  5  phi  |	 0  |	2	18  |  0 ||  6  hou  |	 0  |	5	61  |  0 ||  7  nyg  |	 0  |	3	69  |  1 ||  8  car  |	 0  |	1	13  |  0 ||  9  was  |	 0  |	4	84  |  0 || 10  ari  |	 0  |	5   104  |  1 |
It's pretty safe to say that he's by far had his best stretch of games after Romo took over. I don't see how TO "is getting all the action". If anything, TO, Witten and Crayton are getting all of the action that Terry Glenn was getting with Bledsoe in the game. Check out Glenn's stats, again with that week 7 QB change in mind:
Code:
+----------+--------+-------------+----+| WK  OPP  |  RSHYD |  REC   YD   | TD |+----------+--------+-------------+----+|  1  jax  |	 0  |	4	81  |  0 ||  2  was  |	 0  |	6	94  |  1 ||  4  ten  |	22  |	5	54  |  2 ||  5  phi  |	 0  |	5	61  |  0 ||  6  hou  |	 0  |	5	47  |  0 ||  7  nyg  |	 0  |	4	41  |  0 ||  8  car  |	-3  |	4	52  |  0 ||  9  was  |	-8  |	3	26  |  1 || 10  ari  |	 0  |	0	 0  |  0 |+----------+--------+-------------+----+|  TOTAL   |	11  |   36   456  |  4 |+----------+--------+-------------+----+

digdug said:
:confused:
OffenseWR 81 T.Owens

LT 76 F.Adams

LG 63 K.Kosier

C 65 A.Gurode

RG 62 M.Rivera

RT 75 M.Colombo

TE 82 J.Witten

WR 17 S.Hurd

QB 9 T.Romo

FB 46 O.Hoyte

RB 21 J.Jones

Hurd started ahead of Crayton last week. Parcells talks up Hurd consistently in his daily pressers. Romo has a comfort level with Crayton cuz they've been playing catch on the JV field for the last 3 yrs, but it will be Hurd that moves forward.

Im not saying Crayton sucks, just that Hurd will end up better.

Crayton has had a good 3 week stretch, i agree, but those 3 defenses are at the VERY bottom of the "NFL passing defensive" barrell.

This is one that is tricky. Every time Crayton has had a chance, he seems to produce, and looks good doing it. For some reason, the coach (or owner) seems to elevate someone else over him. I would think that Crayton needs Tuna to retire. The new coach would not have any history with Glenn, and who knows if TO will even be with the team. Considering Tuna will be retiring either this year or next, I have added Crayton to my Dynasty roster.

Crayton is similar to Stokley of Indy. A good slot WR, nothing more. He is not the best best flanker due to below average speed.

On the plus side, he runs excellent routes and is blessed with good hands. Crayton is someone to watch, however he is not a first tier prospect imo.

Hurd is more intriging to me.

Just my 0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread