What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peterson, truly disappointing (1 Viewer)

Jello_Biafra

Footballguy
I fuly expected a huge game from Peterson this week, and why not? Playing against the lowly Lions, he should have exploded. So far this has been a disappointing season. Why does he look so sub-par? Bad playcalling? Had the same coach last year. Bad passing game? Had a horrible one last year. Loss of Tony Richardson or other players? Someone give me a reason why they think Peterson has been such a dud this year.

And yes, Peterson is very disappointing. Childress isn't doing him any favors with his playcalling.

Someone give me a reason why they think Peterson has been such a dud this year.
Brad Childress.
+1, he is a hack! ADP could have had decent outings against NO & Det. if it weren't for his terrible offensive playbook & playcalling. Minnesota should sent him packing and give Lane Kiffin a call pronto! Childress has been given more talent every year and the Vikings have gotten worse, the ref's have basically given him 2 wins the past two weeks.

Brad Childress.
+1, he is a hack! ADP could have had decent outings against NO & Det. if it weren't for his terrible offensive playbook & playcalling. Minnesota should sent him packing and give Lane Kiffin a call pronto! Childress has been given more talent every year and the Vikings have gotten worse, the ref's have basically given him 2 wins the past two weeks.
Peterson could have had a great game today if he didn't fumble twice! The guy is #3 in the NFL in rushing, how is that disappointing?

Brad Childress.
Peterson could have had a great game today if he didn't fumble twice! The guy is #3 in the NFL in rushing, how is that disappointing?
Where are the TDs? Where is the defining monster game? In redraft I'd take Barber for him in a heartbeat.

C'mon now.....25 carries, 111 yards. Not too bad.....would you have rather started LT, Addai, McGahee, K. Smith, Turner, etc. You want bad...reference L. Johnson.

How much can you expect from these low scoring scoring games that the Vikes play. The only thing I will say...hold on the the f'ing ball!!!!

C'mon now.....25 carries, 111 yards. Not too bad.....would you have rather started LT, Addai, McGahee, K. Smith, Turner, etc. You want bad...reference L. Johnson. How much can you expect from these low scoring scoring games that the Vikes play. The only thing I will say...hold on the the f'ing ball!!!!
Whoopee! 11.1 points w/o the fumbles. He's tearing it up.

Peterson isn't really that disappointing. He had over a hundred yards today.
Cut it out. There's no place for that sort of reasoning here. Ricky Bobby Logic © or nothing. "If you're not first, you're last."PS Yeah, the Trademark thingy would have looked cooler, but I don't know how to do that one.

C'mon now.....25 carries, 111 yards. Not too bad.....would you have rather started LT, Addai, McGahee, K. Smith, Turner, etc. You want bad...reference L. Johnson. How much can you expect from these low scoring scoring games that the Vikes play. The only thing I will say...hold on the the f'ing ball!!!!
people are/were expecting the rookie that ran for 200 yards a couple times last year and took the league by storm, not a Julius Jones type performance. He didn't have a bad day but the worst RB's in the league avg. 4.4 ypc against the Lions. In fact, the Lions avg. 4.9 ypc against for the season so ADP had a below average day against the 2nd worst run defense behind the best line.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad Childress does not care about your fantasy team.

Until ADP can be an every down back he's going to face 8-9 in the box. It's pretty obvious that when ADP is in there he's going to get the rock with the occasional decoy play. When CT is in the game he can run for 8-9 yard gains w/o a problem...

The other way ADP can really shine is IF Minny can get a REAL QB that D's have to respect. Nothing on their roster comes close to a REAL QB right now...

Brad Childress does not care about your fantasy team.Until ADP can be an every down back he's going to face 8-9 in the box. It's pretty obvious that when ADP is in there he's going to get the rock with the occasional decoy play. When CT is in the game he can run for 8-9 yard gains w/o a problem...The other way ADP can really shine is IF Minny can get a REAL QB that D's have to respect. Nothing on their roster comes close to a REAL QB right now...
Hey, I went to school in Austin....Drop that OU helmet down to your side...and salute the longhorn baby!!

#1 - The right side of the line is AWFUL! They let everything through. When Peterson runs to the side, he's typically met by 4-5 defenders. When he runs up the middle, he's met by 4-5 defenders.

#2 - The play calling is predictable. IN addition, he's taken out on almost every 3rd down play.

#3 - He often tries to make too much of a play rather than taking what the defense gives him. His style works great if there's decent blocking and the defense isn't selling out to stop him. He needs to just see what's there and take it.

#4 - We are probably seeing some sophomore slump.

#5 - They rarely throw to him. When they do, the QB often makes a terrible pass. That limits the amount of creative touches he receives.

#6 - Defenses do not respect the Vikings' passing game. They do, however, respect Peterson's running ability. It is easier to sell out to stop the run and let the passing game fail on its own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not if you have bonus points for a hundred yard game....12.1....deal with it.

#1 - The right side of the line is AWFUL! They let everything through. When Peterson runs to the side, he's typically met by 4-5 defenders. When he runs up the middle, he's met by 4-5 defenders.#2 - The play calling is predictable. IN addition, he's taken out on almost every 3rd down play. #3 - He often tries to make too much of a play rather than taking what the defense gives him. His style works great if there's decent blocking and the defense isn't selling out to stop him. He needs to just see what's there and take it.#4 - We are probably seeing some sophomore slump.#5 - They rarely throw to him. When they do, the QB often makes a terrible pass. That limits the amount of creative touches he receives.
#5 is a good point. They should get him some touches (screens, etc) in the open field. For heaven's sake childress, get a clue!!

Not if you have bonus points for a hundred yard game....12.1....deal with it.
I dont remember ADP winning anyone a championship last year, he has a ways to go before he should be considered heads and tails above other elite RBs. I do think MINN was missing their LT for the first 4 games though, right; B.Mckinney?

I fuly expected a huge game from Peterson this week, and why not? Playing against the lowly Lions, he should have exploded. So far this has been a disappointing season. Why does he look so sub-par? Bad playcalling? Had the same coach last year. Bad passing game? Had a horrible one last year. Loss of Tony Richardson or other players? Someone give me a reason why they think Peterson has been such a dud this year.
it amazes me that AP had just a few huge RUNS that skewed a few games and everyone was ready to crown him king. I dont understand why all bad games last season were so ignored.

people are/were expecting the rookie that ran for 200 yards a couple times last year and took the league by storm, not a Julius Jones type performance. He didn't have a bad day but the worst RB's in the league avg. 4.4 ypc against the Lions. In fact, the Lions avg. 4.9 ypc against for the season so ADP had a below average day against the 2nd worst run defense behind the best line.
I know what people were expecting...just like they are expecting the 14 budweisers and 20 chicken wings won't affect their weight. 100+ yards WITH Childress's horrible play calling....not too shabby.

omg, IT'S CHILDRESS! He's the problem. Until he's gone, ADP is marginal top ten. Vanilla offense... actually, it's more like a soy offense. Not enough touches. No QB. ADP has the talent.

I forgot..what does AD mean again?
a disappointment.
Let's put this to rest people. Since it's obvious that most of you didn't watch the game....Detroit sold out to stop Peterson. They gave up 131 yards receiving to Berrian, 71 to Wade, and even 40 to Kleinsasser.If one NFL team really wants to contain one player..it can be done (see Santana Moss last week). Maybe AP should be congratulated for rushing for 100+ against a defense designed to stop him.

a disappointment.
Let's put this to rest people. Since it's obvious that most of you didn't watch the game....Detroit sold out to stop Peterson. They gave up 131 yards receiving to Berrian, 71 to Wade, and even 40 to Kleinsasser.If one NFL team really wants to contain one player..it can be done (see Santana Moss last week). Maybe AP should be congratulated for rushing for 100+ against a defense designed to stop him.
I would think every team would plan to stop Peterson. Teams have been trying to stop LT for years. How has that worked out?

a disappointment.
:goodposting:

Brad Childress does not care about your fantasy team.

Until ADP can be an every down back he's going to face 8-9 in the box. It's pretty obvious that when ADP is in there he's going to get the rock with the occasional decoy play. When CT is in the game he can run for 8-9 yard gains w/o a problem...

The other way ADP can really shine is IF Minny can get a REAL QB that D's have to respect. Nothing on their roster comes close to a REAL QB right now...
:goodposting: Ding Ding...Thats exactly how it's playing out, esp. the last two games. Look, two very sub-par defenses made him look mortal, and all because they stacked the box and said---beat us through the air. Well, Frerotte did at N.O., not so much vs Detroit but still---when (if) defenses see him on the field when its third down and long, and realize he can pick up the blitz and block, and can also make the first down with a grab via the pass--Mr. Peterson will have a very different landscape facing him---from that point forward. And, go from being a very good RB, to perhaps a great one.

Until then....well.... :nerd:

I'm thinking that people in here are pretty much just looking at the stats, because if you watched that game today you'd have a different opinion. Detroit completely sold out against the run when Peterson was in the game. This should've allowed Minnesota to pass at will against them, but yet there were pretty inept. If Minny can't find a way to make some deep plays in the passing game when teams sell out for the run, then this will be the norm for Peterson.

Still, he got 110 yards and had two plays where the very last defender tripped him up saving a TD. If they don't get a lucky ankle tackle on those two plays, he would've had nearly 200 yards and 2 TDs and everyone in here would be climaxing on themselves.

I'm thinking that people in here are pretty much just looking at the stats, because if you watched that game today you'd have a different opinion. Detroit completely sold out against the run when Peterson was in the game. This should've allowed Minnesota to pass at will against them, but yet there were pretty inept. If Minny can't find a way to make some deep plays in the passing game when teams sell out for the run, then this will be the norm for Peterson.

Still, he got 110 yards and had two plays where the very last defender tripped him up saving a TD. If they don't get a lucky ankle tackle on those two plays, he would've had nearly 200 yards and 2 TDs and everyone in here would be climaxing on themselves.
:thumbup: :shrug: omg. that was funny.seriously, though, what RBs in the NFL are better than him right now? barber? ok. jackson? ok. westbrook? ok. gore? ok. what do those 4 do that peterson doesn't right now? catch the ball out of th ebackfield. hell, correll buckhalter looked like marshall faulk today because the eagles used him on screens. it doesn't take much to do it. but perhaps there's a lack of confidence in his hands. peterson may end up leading the nfl in rushing yards this year, but fantasywise, he's a step behind, particularly in PPR leagues.

(i didn't include bush above because i don't consider him a RB. he's a glorified wingback.)

a disappointment.
and this was my main issue with him coming into the season...

hes talented, but was a little overrated.... he had a couple of huge days last yr which padded his stats. He should be top 10 for sure, maybe even top 5; but in no way should he be rated in peoples top 3 anymore.

If I was offered ADP for Barber or Bush right now, I would pass.

Users who are viewing this thread