What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peterson, truly disappointing (1 Viewer)

Just for reference, Brad Childress was asked why he didn't go for two when the score was 10-8. He replied that "it was still too early in the game. If they missed they wouldn't have a chance at the win." Or something like that.

Um, Brad? 8+3 = 11 which is more than 10.

Absolutely killed me the last 2 weeks. Vikings look horrible. Awful qb play, line isnt pushing people around like last year.

Very disappointed in Peterson this year.

hes talented, but was a little overrated.... he had a couple of huge days last yr which padded his stats. He should be top 10 for sure, maybe even top 5; but in no way should he be rated in peoples top 3 anymore.If I was offered ADP for Barber or Bush right now, I would pass.
That's pretty bold stuff there.

He's the 8th RB overall in average pts per game in my league right now- sure, I'd like him to hold onto the ball as much as the next guy, but in a year of a number of hurt and/or underperforming backs, he's hanging towards the top, which is what I drafted him for.

He's still the same player that hung an NFL record for yards in a game up last season.

He has the same all the same skills. In terms of pure talent he is amongst the elite. Nothing has changed.

Including the fact that Childress is a clown and the Vikes can't get the safety out of the box unfortunately.

Andy Dufresne said:
Just for reference, Brad Childress was asked why he didn't go for two when the score was 10-8. He replied that "it was still too early in the game. If they missed they wouldn't have a chance at the win." Or something like that.Um, Brad? 8+3 = 11 which is more than 10.
i agree with kicking. if you don't kick, and you go for 2, and don't get it, you are down 10-8. if the lions score again, it is 17-8. you need two scores. if you kicked, it is 17-9 and you can tie with a TD and then 2-pointer. i don't believe chasing points early is the right move. take what is there, even if it is only 1 point.

Andy Dufresne said:
Just for reference, Brad Childress was asked why he didn't go for two when the score was 10-8. He replied that "it was still too early in the game. If they missed they wouldn't have a chance at the win." Or something like that.Um, Brad? 8+3 = 11 which is more than 10.
i agree with kicking. if you don't kick, and you go for 2, and don't get it, you are down 10-8. if the lions score again, it is 17-8. you need two scores. if you kicked, it is 17-9 and you can tie with a TD and then 2-pointer. i don't believe chasing points early is the right move. take what is there, even if it is only 1 point.
Very :unsure:

C'mon now.....25 carries, 111 yards. Not too bad.....would you have rather started LT, Addai, McGahee, K. Smith, Turner, etc. You want bad...reference L. Johnson. How much can you expect from these low scoring scoring games that the Vikes play. The only thing I will say...hold on the the f'ing ball!!!!
Whoopee! 11.1 points w/o the fumbles. He's tearing it up.
Peterson had less than 10 points in all my leagues due to his fumbles. Peterson hasn't been bad this year. I think he is roughly the #10 RB in all my leagues. The expectation were just ridiculously high entering the year.

I just made a trade to get Peterson from an owner who sounds like some of you. Other than a bad game on MNF against NO, I don't see any reason to be down on the guy.

That offense was missing a pro-bowl caliber tackle for 4 games, had a banged up WR corps, and has started 2 QBs already this season. Not to mention a few tougher matchups already as well. Once this unit jells and gets its gets rolling, people are going to be kicking themselves for giving up on a talent like him so soon.

An elite talent running behind a top 5 OL and getting 20+ carries a game. What is not to like?

Absolutely killed me the last 2 weeks.
Really? 111 rushing yards absolutely killed you last week? I understand it was the Lions and expectations were high, but it's not like Peterson dropped single-digit rushing totals. Peterson did that to his owners last year. Now that absolutely killed a lot of us. But 111 yards? That's a very good fantasy day for any RB.

:thumbup:
I just made a trade to get Peterson from an owner who sounds like some of you. Other than a bad game on MNF against NO, I don't see any reason to be down on the guy. That offense was missing a pro-bowl caliber tackle for 4 games, had a banged up WR corps, and has started 2 QBs already this season. Not to mention a few tougher matchups already as well. Once this unit jells and gets its gets rolling, people are going to be kicking themselves for giving up on a talent like him so soon.An elite talent running behind a top 5 OL and getting 20+ carries a game. What is not to like?
:lmao:

Really? 111 rushing yards absolutely killed you last week? I understand it was the Lions and expectations were high, but it's not like Peterson dropped single-digit rushing totals. Peterson did that to his owners last year. Now that absolutely killed a lot of us. But 111 yards? That's a very good fantasy day for any RB.
Not only were the expectations high, but his fumbles may have cost some Peterson owners a win. His rushing total looks decent, but subtract those four points from the fumbles and it's more like he ran for 71 yards instead of a buck eleven.

Not only were the expectations high, but his fumbles may have cost some Peterson owners a win. His rushing total looks decent, but subtract those four points from the fumbles and it's more like he ran for 71 yards instead of a buck eleven.
You subtract two points for a fumble? That seems a little excessive. :thumbdown: But yea, in a league like that one then I can see the problems. Honestly, though, that really does seem excessive for a turnover. It means a guy would have to run for 140-150 yards to put up a good day and how often does something like that happen? Not trying to rip on your league but that seems like a lot of negative points to give for a fumble. :confused:

You subtract two points for a fumble? That seems a little excessive. :thumbdown: But yea, in a league like that one then I can see the problems. Honestly, though, that really does seem excessive for a turnover. It means a guy would have to run for 140-150 yards to put up a good day and how often does something like that happen? Not trying to rip on your league but that seems like a lot of negative points to give for a fumble. :confused:
I play in a league where it's -5. Needless to say, a 2 point performance has me targeting him as his value is probably as low as it can be.

You subtract two points for a fumble? That seems a little excessive. :no: But yea, in a league like that one then I can see the problems. Honestly, though, that really does seem excessive for a turnover. It means a guy would have to run for 140-150 yards to put up a good day and how often does something like that happen? Not trying to rip on your league but that seems like a lot of negative points to give for a fumble. :)
I play in a league where it's -5. Needless to say, a 2 point performance has me targeting him as his value is probably as low as it can be.
:yes: Instead of being a Hall of Famer, Warren Moon in your league would have been one of the worst fantasy QB's of all time.

Like... negative 800 points right out of the chute. Don't ever draft Dave Kreig either..

I mean....I've heard of interesting scoring interpretations but...wow. Do you guys get 20 points for a TD too? :)

Very :mellow:
That's true. But it's not what Childress said.

No, you go for 2 there so you know the way you need to play later on. Your way you are still going for 2 anyway. I would rather know if I need to go from a hurry up or not, why wait and find out you didn't make it too late? Never understood the logic of waiting? Plus in this case he could have tied it

Wait, are you saying that Childress did something smart? Just stop, my head is going to explode.

-2 for fumbles.

You subtract two points for a fumble? That seems a little excessive. :thumbup: But yea, in a league like that one then I can see the problems. Honestly, though, that really does seem excessive for a turnover. It means a guy would have to run for 140-150 yards to put up a good day and how often does something like that happen? Not trying to rip on your league but that seems like a lot of negative points to give for a fumble. :)
-2 per INT or fumble lost is the norm in most leagues.

So I'm the only one that's satisfied with his season thus far?
Nope, I am too. I'd have to guess that the only ones who aren't satisfied are the ones who projected 2500 yds and 20+ TDs this off-season. He is a RB1 in all my leagues scoring. I had him ranked around RB5. No issues with him at all.He's averaging 103 total yds and .5 TDs a game thus far.

You subtract two points for a fumble? That seems a little excessive. :boxing: But yea, in a league like that one then I can see the problems. Honestly, though, that really does seem excessive for a turnover. It means a guy would have to run for 140-150 yards to put up a good day and how often does something like that happen? Not trying to rip on your league but that seems like a lot of negative points to give for a fumble. :rolleyes:
I play in 4 leagues. None of them are -2

You subtract two points for a fumble? That seems a little excessive. :goodposting: But yea, in a league like that one then I can see the problems. Honestly, though, that really does seem excessive for a turnover. It means a guy would have to run for 140-150 yards to put up a good day and how often does something like that happen? Not trying to rip on your league but that seems like a lot of negative points to give for a fumble. :)
I don't think I've ever played in a league that doesn't take points away for fumbles lost and ints. Peterson had 106 total yds and 2 fumbles lost. At best that is 8.6 points in most leagues. I also play in leagues where points are taken away for just fumbling the ball, regardless of if it was lost or not. So that could add on another point lost as he fumbled 3. The highest take away I've seen is -3 for fumbles lost. In that league Peterson amassed only 4.6 points. Yeah, that kind of total is going to kill a lot of owners.

You subtract two points for a fumble? That seems a little excessive. :goodposting: But yea, in a league like that one then I can see the problems. Honestly, though, that really does seem excessive for a turnover. It means a guy would have to run for 140-150 yards to put up a good day and how often does something like that happen? Not trying to rip on your league but that seems like a lot of negative points to give for a fumble. :)
I play in 4 leagues. None of them are -2
I'm in more than 4 and all are -2 for all turnovers. Peterson had a whopping 7.1 pts last week.

You subtract two points for a fumble? That seems a little excessive. :mellow: But yea, in a league like that one then I can see the problems. Honestly, though, that really does seem excessive for a turnover. It means a guy would have to run for 140-150 yards to put up a good day and how often does something like that happen? Not trying to rip on your league but that seems like a lot of negative points to give for a fumble. :lmao:
My favorite league is -3 for INT or Fuble Lost, but we also get .1 pts for a carry or completion.

Users who are viewing this thread