What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Petrino: Dunn has edge over Norwood to start (1 Viewer)

thehornet

Footballguy
Rotoworld:

Falcons coach Bobby Petrino says Warrick Dunn has an edge over Jerious Norwood to be the team's starting running back in Week 1.

This is a surprise. Dunn missed most of camp with a back injury, and while he's more experienced when it comes to the "little things" like blitz pickup than Norwood, Dunn is a poor bet to stay healthy through mid-season. If Norwood performs well Monday night, he should be back in the running.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports...=7&cxcat=21

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Falcons coach Bobby Petrino says Warrick Dunn has an edge over Jerious Norwood to be the team's starting running back in Week 1.

This is a surprise. Dunn missed most of camp with a back injury, and while he's more experienced when it comes to the "little things" like blitz pickup than Norwood, Dunn is a poor bet to stay healthy through mid-season. If Norwood performs well Monday night, he should be back in the running.

I don't see why they say it's a surprise.

Not news to me. Dunn is the man as he should be. Proven and tough as nails. He will be the starter all year.

Norwood slappies get ready for a let down.

Norwood= Trung Canidate

Rotoworld:

I don't see why they say it's a surprise.
Because Norwood's the better back? Because Norwood's back is better than Dunn's? Because Norwood has been able to practice this entire offseason in Petrino's offense, and Dunn hasn't? Because all of the momentum was going in Norwood's direction and away from Dunn's? Those are just a few.

I expected this. Glad to hear that Dunn is expected back in there for the first game of the season. I think he's a value pick this year, or at least in drafts this week.

Dunn is one tough cookie. Is this a ploy to get Norwood going? I didnt think that was Petrino's style.

Value pick for where he's going even in an RBBC. I'd take him after Taylor but not several rounds later he'll likely be over 1000 yards and possibly be used more at the GL this year unless they go Snelling.

It's a long season guys,I agree in that I wouldn't read too much into this at this point...It's still likely to be a RBBC(Dunn/Norwood/Snelling)...................

And here is example #1 of the fools that go after the next shiny new nickel falling flat on their faces. Happens every year.

The true guppies are those that constantly draft unproven players over the trusted vets.

Dunn = value, every yearEven more so this year
:thumbdown: He makes a great RB4 because that's where you can get him in most drafts. Disgusting value this year in what is hopefully a nice swan song season for one of the classiest players ever to play in the NFL.

And here is example #1 of the fools that go after the next shiny new nickel falling flat on their faces. Happens every year. The true guppies are those that constantly draft unproven players over the trusted vets.
Dunn is 32 and broke down at the end of the season. He also had two (?) offseason surgeries, including one on his lower back, and he has over 2200 career carries. He is a prime candidate to either get injured or continue falling off a cliff in terms of production.That's why people are drafting Norwood. Not the "next shiny new nickle" phenomenon.

Got Dunn as a throw in for a recent trade. I hope he is healthy enough to start week 1 (even as part of a RBBC). But, as my RB4, I don't expect it at this point. I'm considering anything from Dunn this year icing on the cake.

Not news to me. Dunn is the man as he should be. Proven and tough as nails. He will be the starter all year.Norwood slappies get ready for a let down.Norwood= Trung Canidate
disagree. I actually think this should be seen as GOOD news for Norwood owners. Homer here, and Norwoood is AWESOME as a 3DRB. When he sneaks out with room he can just knock out yards, and occasionally/oftn hit a HR. However, he is too small to play every down and doesn't run like that. Having a tough back like warrick wear down the d so that he can get his 13 carries for 7-120 and .75 tds probably helps his value, as I think he'd flop as a feature back.

Not news to me. Dunn is the man as he should be. Proven and tough as nails. He will be the starter all year.Norwood slappies get ready for a let down.Norwood= Trung Canidate
Duh ok. Aging rb comming off 2 operations versus a young rb with loads of potential. Sure I'll take the old rb. I like Warwick, he's a tough rb and a great christian role model. But this site is about fantasy football.

disagree. I actually think this should be seen as GOOD news for Norwood owners. Homer here, and Norwoood is AWESOME as a 3DRB. When he sneaks out with room he can just knock out yards, and occasionally/oftn hit a HR. However, he is too small to play every down and doesn't run like that. Having a tough back like warrick wear down the d so that he can get his 13 carries for 7-120 and .75 tds probably helps his value, as I think he'd flop as a feature back.
Norwood has 20 pounds on Dunn. I know that Dunn runs much tougher than most guys his size, but I wouldn't be so quick to write off Norwood as a potential feature back.

Users who are viewing this thread