What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Golf DFS (1 Viewer)

The single entry $1 Hole in One didn't come close to filling.  Going with 3 lineups again, each in a $1 GPP and a couple 5050s.  Can't wait to see some crazy #######s lineup win on Sunday.
What time is the typical LU lock for a PGA slate?

Still doing random google searches to try and find something to go back to every week.

The one mainstay I have is Rob Bolton's work on pgatour.com.  In the fantasy section he'll have his power rankings and fantasy insider articles.  He also is pretty good at replying in the comments at the bottom of the article for extra info.
thanks

What site do you guys use to read up on players in each of the PGA events?
I look at the Vegas odds and listen to 2 1 hour shows on SiriusXM. Also browse the PGA tour page. Most fantasy content I find online is DK specific probably due to FDs jacked up rules not bring optimizer friendly.

The single entry $1 Hole in One didn't come close to filling.  Going with 3 lineups again, each in a $1 GPP and a couple 5050s.  Can't wait to see some crazy #######s lineup win on Sunday.
Is that the 7k $1 hole in 1? I may be in the same one. 6561 players paying top 1685(26%)

Thanks. I have 6/8 guys it spit out spread thru my games. Still doesn't break it down on when to use each player.

Even the optimizer likes Koepka and has 2nd best Vegas odds but I'm one of the few using him. Hope he wins this thing lol.

Thanks. I have 6/8 guys it spit out spread thru my games. Still doesn't break it down on when to use each player.

Even the optimizer likes Koepka and has 2nd best Vegas odds but I'm one of the few using him. Hope he wins this thing lol.
Why do you like him so much?  I'm surprised he has the 2nd best Vegas odds.  Besides The Masters (probably the reason why his odds are #2) and match play recently, he's been pretty meh.  That's why I left him off....I try not to buy into success at the Masters because it's just so different.

Mostly because of his Master's finish and from what I heard on the radio. He has a good birdie or better % and mostly struggles with his irons since switching from Nike but that supposedly doesn't come into play much on this course.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy I went back and forth on is having a great 1st round...P. Reed.  Didn't use him.

1/2 - Varner, An, Chappell, Johnston   3/4 - Moore, Hadwin, Grace, Steele

1/2 - Kjeldsen, Lahiri, Summerhays, McDowell   3/4 - Kuchar, Donald, Chappell, Steele

1/2 - Smith, Poulter, List, Schniederjans   3/4 - Hoffman, Hadwin, Grace, Spaun

Don't have him at all either.

50/50

1/2 Jones, Taylor , Hoffman, Horschel

3/4 Steele, Kuchar, List, Hadwin

$2 triple up

1/2 Taylor, Chappelle, Hoffman, Moore

3/4 Steele, Horschel, List, Koepka

$1 hole in one

1/2 Poston, Hearn, Steele, Horschel

3/4 Moore, Bradley, Koepka, Hoffman

$1 mini

1/2 List, Lovemark, Chappell, Spaun

3/4 Koepka, Steele, Hoffman, Horschel

$2 driving range

1/2 Vegas, Summerhayes, Lahiri, Kang

3/4 Grace, Kuchar, Finau, Chappell

Need to get better at picking guys in the 5-6k range.

The golf sweat is killer. Instead of trying to hang on for a couple hours it lasts 3 days and your players change. Doing great (4/5 cashing 3/5 in top 20) now but need to get all my guys across the cut line . C'mon Horschel get with it.

Best lineup so far is the last one. At 129.4 and currently cashing $25.

The golf sweat is killer. Instead of trying to hang on for a couple hours it lasts 3 days and your players change. Doing great (4/5 cashing 3/5 in top 20) now but need to get all my guys across the cut line . C'mon Horschel get with it.

Best lineup so far is the last one. At 129.4 and currently cashing $25.
Good luck, I just play a $1 GPP at FD for fun as I know nada about PGA players

Thanks. Not going well so far as Horschel still not looking like he'll make the cut.

I don't follow PGA either but it's 4 days of action for $8 so WTF

The guy I went back and forth on is having a great 1st round...P. Reed.  Didn't use him.

1/2 - Kjeldsen, Lahiri, Summerhays, McDowell   3/4 - Kuchar, Donald, Chappell, Steele

Doubling up my entry fees so far.  The bottom lineup is in 106th place of the Hole in One but 3 of my guys are almost done with their 2nd rounds.  

If you don't know alot about golf, the players that tee off early on Thurs get the later tee times on Fri, and vice versa.  So yesterday I remember my bottom lineup coming on strong at the end of the day, where today it's peaking early.  Smith, Poulter and Schnieds were late Thurs/early Fri players.  I'll surely fall back this afternoon unless List has a great round.

Sitting at 153 in my PGA GPP with Hun-An left to play round 2

Laird and Schniederjans both scored 50+

have Hadwin, Spaun, Chappell and Kuchar in rounds 3-4

Sitting at 153 in my PGA GPP with Hun-An left to play round 2

Laird and Schniederjans both scored 50+

have Hadwin, Spaun, Chappell and Kuchar in rounds 3-4
nice but don't think Spaun is going to make the cut- he's 1 of the guys(and horschal) killing my round 1/2 lineups today.

started today winning 35.60 but down to only 4. hope my afternoon guys shoot the lights out.

nice but don't think Spaun is going to make the cut- he's 1 of the guys(and horschal) killing my round 1/2 lineups today.

started today winning 35.60 but down to only 4. hope my afternoon guys shoot the lights out.
He's 1 over after 7, what's the project cut?

Normally top 70 and ties.

I need Spaun too.  Him and Donald were my only 3/4 round picks that I considered risky.

Looks like the cut is at E right now.  Kuchar and Spaun are still fighting at +1.  F-U Luke Donald.  So dumb.

Looks like the cut is at E right now.  Kuchar and Spaun are still fighting at +1.  F-U Luke Donald.  So dumb.
Uuggh, I need all 3 to make it but if only 1 hope it's Kuchar . I'm dropping like a rock today, most of my guys just shooting par or worse.

Spaun went off, nice little 5-under round there.  That Smith dude went for 7-under today for me.  

Looks like 11 of my 12 golfers will make the cut.  

The two lineups that were 4 for 4 in the 3/4 group are in the 170s for total points.  One is barely cashing a GPP and the other isn't.  If you had Finau and his 80pts (10% or so did) you would be in a nice spot right now.  

What percentage of people cashing in GPPs do you think have less than 4/4 left?  Randomly picking lineups in the top few hundred I'm not seeing many.  Donald and Horschel are the most common I see.

Raging weasel said:
Don't have him at all either.

50/50

1/2 Jones, Taylor , Hoffman, Horschel

3/4 Steele, Kuchar, List, Hadwin

$2 triple up

1/2 Taylor, Chappelle, Hoffman, Moore

3/4 Steele, Horschel, List, Koepka

$1 hole in one

1/2 Poston, Hearn, Steele, Horschel

3/4 Moore, Bradley, Koepka, Hoffman

$1 mini

1/2 List, Lovemark, Chappell, Spaun

3/4 Koepka, Steele, Hoffman, Horschel

$2 driving range

1/2 Vegas, Summerhayes, Lahiri, Kang

3/4 Grace, Kuchar, Finau, Chappell

Need to get better at picking guys in the 5-6k range.
Horschel and list tanked most of my lineups so really need Koepka to save me in those. Last lineup is at 198.6 with all 4 making the cut and sitting at 151st for $6.

kuchar,steele and hadwin played horrible today scoring a total of 2.7 points to land me in last place in my 50/50.

Even with kuchars 7.3pt effort today the last lineup still cashing pretty well 253.2pts/ 49th place for $12. If I had koepka instead of kuchar in this lineup Id be in 12th.

Finally had a decent week of PGA $8 in $23.50 out. My last gpp lineup scored 321.6 and finished in 30th place for $15. If that lineup had Koepkainstead of Kuchar would have finished in 3rd with 372+ and $200--sooo close. Also cashed the 3x and mini hole in one.

230, 229, 242.8

Cashed all 5050s with these scores, but zero GPPs.

Ok Im back for more PGA action

have this lineup in 2 50/50s  and a $2 gpp

1/2 perez,poston,varner,an

3/4 rahm,mcgirt,simpson,berger

was playing around with this lineup this morning trying to fit in DJ but it locked so stuck with this in a $1 gpp

1/2 tway,jones,mcdowell,simpson

3/4 scott,kisner,glover,molinari

Ok Im back for more PGA action

have this lineup in 2 50/50s  and a $2 gpp

1/2 perez,poston,varner,an

3/4 rahm,mcgirt,simpson,berger

was playing around with this lineup this morning trying to fit in DJ but it locked so stuck with this in a $1 gpp

1/2 tway,jones,mcdowell,simpson

3/4 scott,kisner,glover,molinari
Went with a $4 GPP and 2 $1 GPPs

Shelton/Pettersson/Simpson/Watney/DJustin/Casey/Lowry/Molinari

Rahm/AScott/Munoz/Lowry/PReed/Harman/WBryant/DAPoints

JBHolmes/Lwory/PPerez/Watney/Micklson/Cink/Harman/WBryant

Good luck

Forgot to post this but didn't have alot of time this week.  Didn't put much into it either.

Harman, Jones, Bryan, Poston

An, Molinari, Kisner, Rahm

I wonder what happens with the scoring for the players who didn't finish their 2nd round yet?

50/50 lineup currently cashing 1/2 and my gpp lineup I got stuck with is at 155.8 good for $4 with Simpson still needing to finish up. As the guy who has played this course more than anyone he sure isn't doing very well and may miss the cut.

Cashed my $4 GPP with 270.9

$1 GPP scored 260.4 with WBryant missing the cut and being in my round 3-4 guys, cash line was 266.6

Forgot to post this but didn't have alot of time this week.  Didn't put much into it either.

Harman, Jones, Bryan, Poston

An, Molinari, Kisner, Rahm
Missed cashing a GPP by 9pts.  Dustin was over 40% owned and Kisner missing the cut didn't help.  Had Molinari in the wrong group too.  Still seems like a solid lineup that would have done well in cash games.

The PGA is this week so now we're back to a loaded player list.

2 lineups each in a gpp and 2 50/50

1/2 perez stanley palmer kaufman             1/2 schwartzel  stanley cantlay mcdowell

3/4 DJ rahm molinari grillo                          3/4 garcia fowler kaymer hadwin

3 lineups, various contests including double ups, 5050s, a 100-man, and gpp.  Trying a few different things, especially with the 3rd lineup.

Leishman, Schwartzel, Palmer, Chappell  ///  McDowell, Oosthuizen, Casey, Kisner (all players between 6700 and 8800)

Cantlay, Hadwin, Perez, Harman  ///  Kaymer, Kisner, Grace, Garcia (more of my standard fare)

Fowler, Thomas, Stricker, Bryan  ///  Cantlay, Stanley, Molinari, Matsuyama (experimenting, looking for more low ownership between groups, might flop Stricker to 3/4 still and move Molinari over)

Finally have all 4 players make the cut and Rahm gets me negative points. Still up after 3 rounds but Rahm and DJ need to play a lot better on Sunday.

My first line up just broke into the top 50 in a gpp despite -5 for Rahm so far. Best chance to cash big is if Grillo gets hot and wins as he's 1.4% owned.

Didn't realize there was another cut between 3/4 and Rahm got cut after his 10 over.

top lineup scored 298.3 despite a -5 from rahm and grillo shooting over par for the day. Finished 41st/5882 and cashed both 50/50s. My other lineup scored 229.2 and cashed 1 50/50 but thats it.  Could have been so much better but $12 in and $20.80 out.

top lineup scored 298.3 despite a -5 from rahm and grillo shooting over par for the day. Finished 41st/5882 and cashed both 50/50s. My other lineup scored 229.2 and cashed 1 50/50 but thats it.  Could have been so much better but $12 in and $20.80 out.
Yea my $4 GPP scored 251 with Rahm in the final four, starting Sun moring at 274 and went down hill from there but still cashed $6

My placeholder line ups for this week

1/2 kaufman,taylor,kang tway  3/4 poulter,johnson,leishman,koepka

1/2 hoge,kokrak,cauley,kang 3/4  reed,finau,day,spieth

3 lineups, various contests including double ups, 5050s, a 100-man, and gpp.  Trying a few different things, especially with the 3rd lineup.

186.5  Leishman, Schwartzel, Palmer, Chappell  ///  McDowell, Oosthuizen, Casey, Kisner (all players between 6700 and 8800)

208.4  Cantlay, Hadwin, Perez, Harman  ///  Kaymer, Kisner, Grace, Garcia (more of my standard fare)

266.6  Fowler, Thomas, Stricker, Bryan  ///  Cantlay, Stanley, Molinari, Matsuyama (experimenting, looking for more low ownership between groups, might flop Stricker to 3/4 still and move Molinari over)
$10 in, $7 out all with the bottom LU.  

Here are my two for this week right now.

DeLaet, Jones, Cauley, Kuchar  //  Poulter, Oosthuizen, Dufner, Moore

Taylor, Tway, Finau, Dufner  //  Poston, Cauley, An, DJ

My placeholder line ups for this week

1/2 kaufman,taylor,kang tway  3/4 poulter,johnson,leishman,koepka

1/2 hoge,kokrak,cauley,kang 3/4  reed,finau,day,spieth
Going with 2 $4 GPPs

LU 1

Garrigus/Noh/Hagy/DLee-  Koepka/Leishman/Finau/DJohnson

LU 2

Zanotti/Noh/Dufner/DLee-  Spieth/Kuchar/Henley/Kaufman

Users who are viewing this thread