What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick 3 keepers, odd man out (1 Viewer)

houston

Footballguy
* 0.5 PPR
* Start 2 RB, 2 WR and a flex
* Player may be kept forever. No draft value impact if keeping a player multiple years.
* Whoever I drop will be long gone before my first draft pick happens.

Pick 3 of these 4:
Chubb, RB
Ekeler, RB
Jefferson, WR
Lamb, WR

Thanks for your thoughts. Leave a link if you have a question needing some opinions.

Last edited:
Keep Jefferson and lamb for sure. Probably a coin flip with the other two I might lean chubb just because hunts gone and the browns are more likely to run the ball and Ekeler could hold out

Jefferson and Lamb are no-brainers here. The RBs are a tough call. Ekeler can absolutely dominate, as we’ve seen before, and there’s no reason to think that he won’t do so again. He is probably gone from that system after this year though. I could see Cleveland and Watson throwing the ball more than usual if Deshaun is all the way back this year. Love both RBs but I’d lean Ekeler.

Instant reaction is chubb, Jefferson and ekeler.

But probably at end of the day being ppr I'd go ekeler, Jefferson and lamb

JJ is a no brainer, so it's really which 2 of those 3 (Great problem to have BTW). My thoughts/ order below:

1. Lamb - Also a stud & only 24yrs old. gonna be REAL good for a long time
  2. Ekeler - absolute stud and PPR monster.
  3. Chubb - BEAST and now that Hunt is gone has been "rumored" to get more catches this season
The only reason I have Chubb ranked 3rd (and it's really a coin flip) is due to the known PPR floor of Ekeler and the fact you can keep these guys in perpituity.

Take a look at mine please:

JJ and Lamb for sure, both super young and top of their positions. Next is kind of a coin flip but I prefer Ekeler to Chubb. More catches, better offense and only 1 year older.

Nice problem to have. Any chance you can trade away the rights to one of these players for some draft capital?

Chubb is a beast, but in a PPR, he will have less receptions than the other 3 players. However, in a .5 PPR, WRs have less value than in a full PPR…..for a WR who catches 100 passes, that’s 50 points less in a year, which averages out to about 3 points per week. Last year in .5 PPR leagues….. Ekeler led these 4 players in scoring with a weekly average of 18.8 pts, JJ was second with 17.9, Chubb was third with 15.8, and Lamb was last with 14.6.

As much as I love the Cowboys and it pains me to say it, but I would drop Lamb, based on these numbers, especially if you think that Chubb will get more receptions now that Hunt is gone

Nice problem to have. Any chance you can trade away the rights to one of these players for some draft capital?
Agreed, not exactly a “how will I survive this” kind of problem! Unfortunately can’t trade away the player not kept. I assume it’s that way to ensure that there are some strong options at the start of the draft.

Chubb is a beast, but in a PPR, he will have less receptions than the other 3 players. However, in a .5 PPR, WRs have less value than in a full PPR…..for a WR who catches 100 passes, that’s 50 points less in a year, which averages out to about 3 points per week. Last year in .5 PPR leagues….. Ekeler led these 4 players in scoring with a weekly average of 18.8 pts, JJ was second with 17.9, Chubb was third with 15.8, and Lamb was last with 14.6.

As much as I love the Cowboys and it pains me to say it, but I would drop Lamb, based on these numbers, especially if you think that Chubb will get more receptions now that Hunt is gone
Thanks for those numbers, I hadn’t yet gone into that level of detail. I do expect Ekeler to regress a little, JJ to stay consistent, and the numbers for Chubb and Lamb to rise a little.

JJ, Lamb, Chubb. I like Ekeler, but the Chargers seem overhyped to me. And if Watson has been as bad as the reports are coming out of Cleveland, Chubb could be getting a LOT of work.

I'll write the dissenting opinion.

JJ 294
Lamb 242
Eke 281
Chubb 251

It really comes down to Lamb or Chubb.

Out of FBG top 14 ranked WR, 7 are 24 years or younger. I wouldn't put the premium on keeping Lamb because you have a decent shot of replacing him as a keeper by the time Eke or Chubb age out. Also only starting 2 RB/ 2 WR / Flex, I suspect RBs are at quite the premium. I think it's more likely you can replace Lambs number with your first pick then you can Chubbs.

* 0.5 PPR
* Start 2 RB, 2 WR and a flex
* Player may be kept forever. No draft value impact if keeping a player multiple years.
* Whoever I drop will be long gone before my first draft pick happens.

Pick 3 of these 4:
Chubb, RB
Ekeler, RB
Jefferson, WR
Lamb, WR

Thanks for your thoughts. Leave a link if you have a question needing some opinions.
Jefferson, Lamb, Ekeler

JJ 294
Lamb 242
Eke 281
Chubb 251

Out of FBG top 14 ranked WR, 7 are 24 years or younger. I wouldn't put the premium on keeping Lamb because you have a decent shot of replacing him as a keeper by the time Eke or Chubb age out. Also only starting 2 RB/ 2 WR / Flex, I suspect RBs are at quite the premium. I think it's more likely you can replace Lambs number with your first pick then you can Chubbs.
That’s the other side of the coin. Is Lamb simply headed to be a B-plus WR, or does he have five years as a top 5 WR ahead of him?

Lots of good comments in this thread. Makes me feel better in that while I can’t got wrong, that there really isn’t an obvious choice.

JJ 294
Lamb 242
Eke 281
Chubb 251

That’s the other side of the coin. Is Lamb simply headed to be a B-plus WR, or does he have five years as a top 5 WR ahead of him?

Lots of good comments in this thread. Makes me feel better in that while I can’t got wrong, that there really isn’t an obvious choice.
Even if he has five years as a top 5 WR, if you think Eke and Chubb have 3 years as a top 5ish RB, you are better off running with them and using your talent to find another keeper of the course of the next 2-3 years. With such small starting lineups, I'd be filling my rooster with year 2/3 guys Pickens, Dotson, Watson and securing the next Lamb-apparent.

Users who are viewing this thread