What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Picking at 5, PPR Redraft (1 Viewer)

wolfeman

Footballguy
Picking 5 out of 12. All TDs 6, PPR,
I’m thinking of going 0 RBS strategy. The RBs in rd 2 Fournett, Barkley egh, kinda like QB Allen or Herbert, or another WR, Evans AJ Brown…thoughts.
Thanks

You mention PPR but is it also a Super Flex? I'm guessing no because you mentioned Allen and Herbert as round 2 options and in SF they'd likely be gone. Personally, I don't like to go into a draft with a set strategy. It limits you. Your draft should be fluid and you react as to what's available. That said, if I'm at 1.05, it's not SF and I'm hell bent at not going RB then Kupp, Chase or Jefferson are no brainers. Round two would likely be another WR or Kelce. I don't like taking QBs in the first two rounds (again, the assumption that it isn't SF).

You mention PPR but is it also a Super Flex? I'm guessing no because you mentioned Allen and Herbert as round 2 options and in SF they'd likely be gone. Personally, I don't like to go into a draft with a set strategy. It limits you. Your draft should be fluid and you react as to what's available. That said, if I'm at 1.05, it's not SF and I'm hell bent at not going RB then Kupp, Chase or Jefferson are no brainers. Round two would likely be another WR or Kelce. I don't like taking QBs in the first two rounds (again, the assumption that it isn't SF).
You are correct no SF

I don't know why you are already planning to avoid RB's before you even know what's available. As Wish mentioned don't be rigid going in. Put in the time and effort to do a combined draft board based on your research and then trust it. Don't go in already blowing off a position as that is the best way to miss value.

I know that…I like getting different opinions. I am well aware not have a strategy already. Let draft flow dictate.
I know I know.

Picking 5 out of 12. All TDs 6, PPR,
I’m thinking of going 0 RBS strategy. The RBs in rd 2 Fournett, Barkley egh, kinda like QB Allen or Herbert, or another WR, Evans AJ Brown…thoughts.
Thanks
I am at 3 in a 20 year standard league and imagine the choices will still be close around there. Looking at mocks CD Lamb, AJ. I think there are a lot of viable 5th and 6th round RB’s. I can see myself going RB at 3 and then 3 straight WR’s. Then 3 Rb’s.

I don't know why you are already planning to avoid RB's before you even know what's available. As Wish mentioned don't be rigid going in. Put in the time and effort to do a combined draft board based on your research and then trust it. Don't go in already blowing off a position as that is the best way to miss value.
Agreed. This year especially, it would not be that unlikely for your #2 ranked RB to be available at the 5 spot. I would be hard pressed to pass that up

Okay, I was also considering round 2 as well but if the top 3 RB’s are gone you will have a choice of Kupp, Jefferson or Chase and anyone of them could/should outrank the next RB choice. The 2nd round is similar would you want Cee Dee or Kamara / Akers? We’re obviously guessing based on mocks and ADP but hell, I have never gone zero RB and am considering it at 3. Kupp/CeeDee/ Higgins would contend all season. Kupp might be safer than McCaffery or Henry.

Okay, I was also considering round 2 as well but if the top 3 RB’s are gone you will have a choice of Kupp, Jefferson or Chase and anyone of them could/should outrank the next RB choice. The 2nd round is similar would you want Cee Dee or Kamara / Akers? We’re obviously guessing based on mocks and ADP but hell, I have never gone zero RB and am considering it at 3. Kupp/CeeDee/ Higgins would contend all season. Kupp might be safer than McCaffery or Henry.
I would take CMC, at 5 if there, more than likely not. I’m contemplating Chase over Cook though? Rd 2 I thinking Evans or AJBrown…

I have the same 5th pick. If CMC is there then probably take him, but may go Kupp or Jefferson, then come back and hopefully Fournette is there. If I take an RB, Harris, Henry, Cook, then I come back with Hill, Allen, Moore, Pittman. I am liking the Kupp/Jefferson and/ Fournette over Henry/and Hill/Allen/Moore/Pitttman.

Okay, 3rd pick in most mocks is either CMC or Henry. I have the 3rd pick in a standard league. Both have major injury concerns. CMC could see a greatly reduced carry load w//Foreman. Henry’s stats are starting to show decline along with injury concerns. Ekelor might be seeing less Carrie’s now with Spiller.

Many are predicting DCook to explode in the new wide zone offense and catches passes as well and could have a monster year. The concern was lack of TD’s last year.

Which brings me to Mixon who is rated behind them all and was the 3rd highest scoring RB last year in our CBS league and had 16 TD’s (13+ 3). People keep saying he will regress but no one says why or that he already plays in a wide zone and has shown he can score TD’s. He also has the best WR core in the NFL so they can’t stack the box.

I would gladly take Mixon at 5 and might do it at 3! He is probably the safest back.

Users who are viewing this thread