What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pickups for week 7 (1 Viewer)

For as much as people like to bag on Rudolph for being touchdown dependent, I would be surprised people would want Fauria, 3 catches this week 3 touchdowns.

Foles for anyone who was sleeping last week

Fauria

Rudolph

Cumberland
Fauria strikes me as a waste of a pickup
he has like 6 tds this year
Before today, he had 4 catches (6 targets) for 32 yds, 2 TDs. In 3 games this year, he didnt even get a target. Id never pick up a guy like that.
Calvin is gimpy and no one else has stepped up. Now is the time to grab Fauria. Someone has to catch the ball.

The Captain said:
Kenny Powers said:
shadyridr said:
Kenny Powers said:
shadyridr said:

Fauria

Rudolph

Cumberland
Before today, he had 4 catches (6 targets) for 32 yds, 2 TDs. In 3 games this year, he didnt even get a target. Id never pick up a guy like that.
Calvin is gimpy and no one else has stepped up. Now is the time to grab Fauria. Someone has to catch the ball.
He is primarily used in the endzone, and he got more playing time due to Scheffler being out.

Khiry Robinson looked impressive today. Too bad the backfield is already loaded with RBs.

I still can see him earning more touches as the year wears on...he runs with purpose.

shadyridr said:

Fauria

Rudolph

Cumberland
As I am in need of a TE for next week/possibly the near future as a Graham owner, I love this bet. We know Rudolph can be good/has some talent. Does Freeman getting a crack give him an uptick? I like the chances of this happening over the rest of the sludge on the wire.

shadyridr said:

Fauria

Rudolph

Cumberland
As I am in need of a TE for next week/possibly the near future as a Graham owner, I love this bet. We know Rudolph can be good/has some talent. Does Freeman getting a crack give him an uptick? I like the chances of this happening over the rest of the sludge on the wire.
It will be interesting to see how things shake out with the receivers and te with Freeman under center.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your team includes KR yardage or bonuses for long TD's, Goodwin could be your guy. He is a big play guy, thru and thru. I wouldn't count on him to save your team but he could be a nice WR3 or FLEX play. Especially is Stevie Jonhson misses significant time.

He is one of the fastest players in the league. He was a legit Olympian in the 2012 London games. I believe he finished 10th overall in the long jump

He ran a 4.27 at the combine. There were reports he put up a 4.16 at Texas. The dude is fast.

Goodwin made the 2012 United States Olympic team in the long jump with a career-best and meet-best mark of 8.33m (27-04.25) at the US Olympic Team Trials, a jump that would have been good enough to win the gold medal at the following Olympics.

What is Jacobs outlook?

He had a hell of a game Thursday. With Manning's struggles, do they lean the running game even more? I'm considering picking him up but waiver picks are a hot commodity (only get 15 and I've already used 9)

What is Jacobs outlook?

He had a hell of a game Thursday. With Manning's struggles, do they lean the running game even more? I'm considering picking him up but waiver picks are a hot commodity (only get 15 and I've already used 9)
I would say no on Jacobs then, because you have a limit. You are only going to get maybe 3 or 4 games this year where it is going to be helpful to start a NY Giant running back, 1 of them is already gone. When Brown comes back it is going to be harder to determine who and when to start that back, when/if Wilson comes back that is going to make it even more difficult.

I would avoid this backfield like the plague until all of these things happen A. The Giants figure out this mess B. One running back actually does something in back to back weeks C. the other running backs for the Giants aren't coming back and going to take carries.

If you didn't have a cap on your moves then I would say pick him up

What is Jacobs outlook?

I'm torn. He's McGahee territory for me. Old, off the street pickup. Will get the backfield for the long term if Wilson goes to IR, so could be a very valuable pickup. Does he hold up getting a lion's share of the carries at 31? If you have the space, could be worth the gamble, but hard to tell at this point.

I would say no on Jacobs then, because you have a limit. You are only going to get maybe 3 or 4 games this year where it is going to be helpful to start a NY Giant running back, 1 of them is already gone. When Brown comes back it is going to be harder to determine who and when to start that back, when/if Wilson comes back that is going to make it even more difficult.

I would avoid this backfield like the plague until all of these things happen A. The Giants figure out this mess B. One running back actually does something in back to back weeks C. the other running backs for the Giants aren't coming back and going to take carries.

If you didn't have a cap on your moves then I would say pick him up
I am absolutely desperate for RB help .. I started MJD and Biilal Powell this week!!

Any way he wins Coughlin over and keeps the job? Relegates Brown to the bench perhaps or at least fill-in duty?

Jacobs had 26.4 points this weeks... Powell and MJD didn't put that up combined.

I'm desperate

What else do you have? Anyway to make a trade? If you are that desperate I would say pick him up, but don't expect much more then what you are getting from Powell and MJD.

i would say boykins from GB, especially if he is going to try and fill the cobb role, durham might be a decent pickup for megatron owners. reed from washington looks the part, but if RG3 continues to be inaccurate with the ball he will be limited by qb play.

depending on graham's injury ben watson might be a nice pickup for week 7

What else do you have? Anyway to make a trade? If you are that desperate I would say pick him up, but don't expect much more then what you are getting from Powell and MJD.
I'm absolutely stacked at WR with MegaTron, Dez, Decker, Gordon, and Hilton

I'm working on a trade as we speak but owners in my league aren't exactly looking to move guys. Trade is my #1 route but I'm considering Brandon to bridge that gap

I know I'm inching towards AC forum type posting but and I apologize for that

Now is the time for Harvin in redraft, if you wait any longer he will not be there.

Boykin has a good shot to do something.

Any Cowboys RB is a gamble, is it Dunbar, Randle or Tanner... none are worth it at this point.

With Amendola getting hurt and hurt some more, Edelman should still be rostered seeing a lot of people cutting bait in redrafts.

Until Ellington runs away with the touch count he is just another dude in Redraft, if he gets the touches he will be a key pickup.

My thoughts on some add drops

Now is the time for Harvin in redraft, if you wait any longer he will not be there.

Any Cowboys RB is a gamble, is it Dunbar, Randle or Tanner... none are worth it at this point.

With Amendola getting hurt and hurt some more, Edelman should still be rostered seeing a lot of people cutting bait in redrafts.

Until Ellington runs away with the touch count he is just another dude in Redraft, if he gets the touches he will be a key pickup.

Agree with most here other than Ellington. Ellington in a ppr league is a low RB1-high RB2. The guy is eventually going to get more snaps if not all sooner than later. Like I mentioned in another thread, Ellington is averaging 15 points a game in my ppr league.Now I know some ppr leagues are arranged differently, but the premise is still the same.

I thought Dunbar was the handcuff, but was told he has a hammy injury--when did that happen? I think Dunbar is clearly their most talented backup

I thought Dunbar was the handcuff, but was told he has a hammy injury--when did that happen? I think Dunbar is clearly their most talented backup
dont know when it happened, but last night randle got almost every carry once murray left... randle looked OK but didnt produce much... we'll just have to see what the coaches say, luckily for us the cowboys can never keep anything a secret

Agree with most here other than Ellington. Ellington in a ppr league is a low RB1-high RB2. The guy is eventually going to get more snaps if not all sooner than later. Like I mentioned in another thread, Ellington is averaging 15 points a game in my ppr league.Now I know some ppr leagues are arranged differently, but the premise is still the same.
Yeah, I mean in my one PPR dynasty league Ellington is currently RB20. Which would make him a low end RB2 in a 12 team format (this is 16 teams so he's actually a high RB2). That's not taking into account the fact that he barely got on the field in Week 1. If he had say 8-9 points in Week 1 (his verage from Week 2-6) he'd be around RB16 which would make him a high end RB2. If his work load keeps increasing he'll end the season as a low-RB1 or high-RB2 in PPR leagues. And a high to low RB2 in regular scoring. Been saying it since Week 2, Ellington will be on a lot of Championship teams this season. Even on limited work he's a RB2. If Arian's ever wakes up and stops being loyal to a fault with Mendy he'll be a low-end RB1 at worst.

Yeah, I mean in my one PPR dynasty league Ellington is currently RB20. Which would make him a low end RB2 in a 12 team format (this is 16 teams so he's actually a high RB2). That's not taking into account the fact that he barely got on the field in Week 1. If he had say 8-9 points in Week 1 (his verage from Week 2-6) he'd be around RB16 which would make him a high end RB2. If his work load keeps increasing he'll end the season as a low-RB1 or high-RB2 in PPR leagues. And a high to low RB2 in regular scoring. Been saying it since Week 2, Ellington will be on a lot of Championship teams this season. Even on limited work he's a RB2. If Arian's ever wakes up and stops being loyal to a fault with Mendy he'll be a low-end RB1 at worst.
Spot on! I am considering at this point putting him in for TRich.

Spot on! I am considering at this point putting him in for TRich.
agreed... It's not like he needs 25 touches.... Just give him 14-18 touches running/receiving and this guy is a mid to low RB1 easy in ppr.... maybe better... Sky is the limit if Arians gets his head out of his A@@

So, sounds like the answer is "nobody"? Maybe a GB wr if both are out.
I read a little about Brian Bostick over the summer as being this incredibly athletic former basketball player, however also raw as a football player. Is there anyone with deep rosters considering picking him up as an early stash? I'm assuming Andre Quarless isn't going to hold anyone back if they are a pass catcher as GB is in great need of them right now.

Don't go chasing Faurias, stick to the waiver wire gems that you're used to.

Seriously though, he has 7 receptions on the season. Unless you believe he'll be able to sustain that hilarious TD to reception ratio, stay away.

Fauria

Rudolph

Cumberland
Don't go chasing Faurias, stick to the waiver wire gems that you're used to.

Seriously though, he has 7 receptions on the season. Unless you believe he'll be able to sustain that hilarious TD to reception ratio, stay away.
We're on the same page

In dynasty, is anyone else picking up Case Keenum? Expect a bad game this week if he starts, but maybe worth while in deep leagues?

Fauria

Rudolph

Cumberland
I did--hopefully only need him for Jimmy Graham's bye week though. It's Foles I'm wondering about. The Vick owner passed on him long enough for me to snatch. some seem to think he's going to hold onto that gig.

So, sounds like the answer is "nobody"? Maybe a GB wr if both are out.
I read a little about Brian Bostick over the summer as being this incredibly athletic former basketball player, however also raw as a football player. Is there anyone with deep rosters considering picking him up as an early stash? I'm assuming Andre Quarless isn't going to hold anyone back if they are a pass catcher as GB is in great need of them right now.
I picked him up in just about every league I have, I was planning on doing it later in the season since Finley is most likely going to goto the highest bidder but as soon as I saw Bostick's name in a roto blip I figure to get him early. Also my leagues have big rosters so its easier to hold a couple of stashes during the yr. Not claiming I know anything more than that the kid is a atheltic freak but Quarless hasn't been impressive and they might give the shinny new toy a couple of tries.

Users who are viewing this thread