What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PieLeeg HQ: Magic Beisbol Extravaganza (5 Viewers)

i’m in, but i’m in italy right now. i should warn you all, i am six hours ahead of the states and will know the scores and results in advance of the rest of the league, as long as everyone is ok with that.

Italy doesn't even have it's own word for baseball, so I don't think this is accurate.

IN:
RnR
Jamny
Shady
Sparty
FDAS’s cousin
Expos
Chem X
Rated R
Rodg
HellToupee

OUT:
BeTheMatch

Varying levels of “maybe”:
Eephus
Mac

Haven’t heard from:
CharlieB
Cosjobs
EzGlider

Targeting an early March draft, per usual.

Now is the time to put any major date conflicts out there and propose any rule changes for consideration.

This would be a semi-radical change for us, but what do you guys think about ditching this rolling waiver system for a weekly FAAB system?

We could expand the bench a spot or two to account for in-week adjustments, but I think cutting the additions down to a Sunday night bid process might actually help with competitive balance + league intrigue.

This would be a semi-radical change for us, but what do you guys think about ditching this rolling waiver system for a weekly FAAB system?

We could expand the bench a spot or two to account for in-week adjustments, but I think cutting the additions down to a Sunday night bid process might actually help with competitive balance + league intrigue.
I'd be open to considering it.

Funny story on that. Years ago, I was commish and thought about bringing this up to the league. We were using cbs.sportsline for the league, so I wrote to someone there asking if that was an option since I couldn't find it. They came back asking "what is FAAB?" lol Granted, it was fairly new at the time but if I knew about it, they should have too. That was the end of that.

Reactions: RnR

I'd be OK with that. I'm losing my love for FCFS as I get older.

These are my thoughts as well OR something that makes life more difficult for the commish.

Here are my thoughts. If we are going to do a Sunday night pickup only, then we need to remove roster spots. We can't extend our bench with more dead-weight part-time players and looking for scraps in the free-agent pool. The pool is already bad enough with a 14-15 team league. I say if we are going to go with Sunday night pickups only, we remove two outfields and one utility spot. This will add to our bench and help elevate the pressure of starting and picking up part-timer players. Just my thoughts.

We talked about it last year, removing Wins as a category. Thoughts?

Didn't we do away with FCFS by going to waivers?

We currently do nightly waivers instead of a once a week FAAB run. I've never done FAAB in baseball... not opposed to it, but I enjoy the current nightly format.

Didn't we do away with FCFS by going to waivers?
We did, you are right.

I guess the one bad thing about a weekly waiver is that you might have to set up a lot of contingency plans. With the daily waiver, it's annoying when you lose out on a guy you assumed you'd get, but you just pick someone up the next day instead, no biggie.

I’m in. Yes to weekly waivers. Probably not possible, but could we do a limited open pickup period (Monday mornings or something) for those that didn’t get their Sunday FAAB pickups?

I'm not a fan of weekly waivers unless you're playing in a head to head league. You'd have to make sure every position is covered with a backup or else you could lose a position for a full week if someone gets injured. That would drive me nuts.
You can't do FAAB and still keep daily waivers?

I think cutting the additions down to a Sunday night bid process might actually help with competitive balance + league intrigue.

I agree with this.

No one will argue that weekly is "better", but daily eliminates the teams (myself included) that arent willing/able to commit to 187 days of working the wire before the season even starts. And once teams start dropping back, it only gets worse.

Im good with whatever though. Im here for the draft. :banned:

• Thanks
Seems like there's a combination of hesitancy and resistance to the FAAB idea among the natives. That's totally fine.

I saw a request for an NA spot to be added to the roosters. Thoughts on this?

We talked about it last year, removing Wins as a category. Thoughts?

This has also been brought to the table for discussion. Are you proposing QS or some other category to take its place?
Yes I prefer QS because the player can either pitch well or not. It's up to them. They don't have to worry about a bullpen holding onto t a 1 run lead for 3 innings to get a W. They can't control that. It's the only category that isn't player controlled. It relies on other players to help get the W.

Quality Start (QS)​

Definition​

A starting pitcher records a quality start when he pitches at least six innings and allows three earned runs or fewer. A starting pitcher has two jobs: to prevent runs and get outs. The quality start statistic helps to quantify which pitchers did a "quality" job in those two departments.

So a QS requires 6 innings. What happens if a pitcher leaves after 5 with the lead and gets the win? No QS?

Quality Start (QS)​

Definition​

A starting pitcher records a quality start when he pitches at least six innings and allows three earned runs or fewer. A starting pitcher has two jobs: to prevent runs and get outs. The quality start statistic helps to quantify which pitchers did a "quality" job in those two departments.

So a QS requires 6 innings. What happens if a pitcher leaves after 5 with the lead and gets the win? No QS?
If a pitcher throws 5 2/3 perfect innings with 13K and then gets pulled with his team up 11-0, he gets no QS. If he goes 6 and allows 8 runs (3 earned) on 9 hits and 4 walks and his team loses 18-2, it's a QS.

It's not a good stat. Wins suck too, but at least they have some tradition behind them.

Looks like we have 12 confirmed returnees with Eephus teetering on a return, Mac fighting that feeling on a return, and Cosjobs missing in action.

I don't think we had any of the proposed changes reach the level of "majority says yes" ... so unless there's a strenuous objection we'll just roll on with the same rules we had in 2022.

We do have 12 right now, so there's a chance we may have to adjust our payout if we don't get back up to 14 or 15. I'll make those payouts clear before the draft starts.

@ChiefD wanted in for cake, which makes 15. maybe it’s better he join pie for balance. weight balance too, i think cake is a fat league.

Last edited:
Hey @ChiefD -- you're welcome here since Cake just voted you down. Aside from Chem X aliai owning half the teams, I think you'll enjoy your time here.

Just a few questions we ask all our new applicants:
- How "touch and go" are your Mondays?
- Are you willing/able to perform an interpretive dance via TikTok to announce your draft picks?
- Are you willing to become a Chem X alias if necessary?

Hey @ChiefD -- you're welcome here since Cake just voted you down. Aside from Chem X aliai owning half the teams, I think you'll enjoy your time here.

Just a few questions we ask all our new applicants:
- How "touch and go" are your Mondays?
- Are you willing/able to perform an interpretive dance via TikTok to announce your draft picks?
- Are you willing to become a Chem X alias if necessary?

also, please explain 1 stage vs 2 stage compressor action and tell us why coils are made of a corrosive material. will answer yours.

Users who are viewing this thread