What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pierre Garcon anyone ? (1 Viewer)

I think when Gonzalez comes back - they need to rotate the other WRs/TEs based on matchups. Wayne and Clark will always be in there - but rotate Gonzalez/Garcon/Collie and TEs Jacob Tamme/Gijon Robinson depending on the other team's looks and personnel. This may not be great for fantasy owners - but it will give the Colts a lot of flexiblity (something that was lacking in the last couple of season because of injuries and force feeding Marvin the ball).

Garcon is a guy I'm having a hard time figuring out. He's clearly the #3 passing option in IND, but how long would that continue. He's currently sitting on our waiver wire and I'm tempting to drop Knox for him, but something keeps telling me not too. I mean how much value will Garcon have once AG returns?

I still say go 3WR with Clark and stretch the defense. It makes me crazy when they try to force the run and go 3& out. They cause many of their own time of posession problems IMO.

:rolleyes:

I just skimmed through the game on the DVR this week but I did see another good Garcon play. Manning threw a jump ball in the end zone and the DB had good position and got both hands on the ball. Garcon went strong after the ball, broke up the interception, and nearly made an acrobatic catch on the deflected ball for a TD. He nearly has three TD's already. The way he attacked the ball bodes well for Garcon as a red zone target.

Quotes from Colts President Bill Polian on Garcon yesterday on his weekly radio show:

"When I saw him in the first workouts of the offseason program (this past offseason) and I saw how much he had grown up in terms of physical growth, I was astounded," Polian said Monday on his weekly radio show on Hank FM 97.1 in Indianapolis.

"It has turned out to be translatable to the game field. He's a man now, not a boy coming out of college, and he's able to make plays out there with both his strength and his speed. The graph is all up for him."

Garcon, after playing sparingly last season as a rookie, has emerged as one of the rising stars of the Colts' offense, starting the past two games and catching a crucial touchdown in each game. His 48-yard catch-and-run with a quick screen pass from QB Peyton Manning provided the game-winning points in a 27-23 victory over Miami on September 21.

Then, this past Sunday, Garcon again showed his deep speed, catching a 53-yard touchdown pass from Manning that broke open a 31-10 victory over Arizona.

"You would think most people would recognize that the speed that he ran at his workout is the correct speed," Polian said. "Somehow or another, those things tend to get lost in translation, I think. He is so big that he can fool you to a certain extent in that most people don't expect him to be that fast. He does run fast and most importantly he has a burst at the end of his route, which is rare among receivers and certainly rare among big receivers. "

"That burst, which is what (former Colts wide receiver) Marvin (Harrison) had, allows you to get big plays. Because as the ball is out there and the defensive back and you are step for step if you can just get that one and a half steps at the end of the route and have good enough hands to control the ball – which he does – then you're going to get a lot of big plays."
LINK

I don't see why Garcon can't make both the big plays and the routine plays. Truth be told, I can see Garcon as Reggie Wayne Jr. He is that good IMO. Gonzalez is alright but all the hype he got should pretty much be inherited by Garcon. Gonzalez, if he comes back healthy, will be relegated to the slot. Even if Garcon is the third target, there is enough attempts to go around to make Garcon worthwhile.

I'm a big Colts fan, but I need to see more than a few games from Garcon. Remember this guy was basically unkown last year (4 catches) . . .

Do I want him to be great?? of course - but he needs at least several more games to prove "he belongs" . . .

I loved the deep route against "supposed good" corner DRC . . .

Users who are viewing this thread