What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pink Floyd Song Ranking Thread - Lists Due 5/1 (1 Viewer)

01 - Pink Floyd - DSOTM - 978 weeks
02 - Bob Marley - Legend: The Best Of - 777 weeks
03 - Journey - Greatest Hits - 756 weeks
04 - Metallica - Metallica (aka the Black Album) - 706 weeks
05 - CCR - Chronicle (Greatest Hits) - 636 weeks -
06 - Eminem - Curtain Call (Greatest Hits) - 626 weeks
07 - Guns N' Roses - Greatest Hits - 619 weeks
08 - Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans - 618 weeks
09 - Nirvana - Nevermind - 612 weeks
10 - Michael Jackson - Thriller - 568 weeks
DSOTM = Cal Ripken

Longevity record that may never be broken.

I haven't really been paying attention . . . what other music threads are we waiting to finish up and how close are they to being done? Are there multiple music threads that we are waiting on?

I'm probly out on this for a few reasons.....

I have A LOT of commitments going right now, and that will only increase. I'm a bit burned out on music drafts honestly, and especially with the Spotify format......its unusable unless you have a paying account....not sure if you were using Spotify , just assumed. And lastly, although I'm a huge Floyd fan, they don't have a massive catalog and it's not like Im going to suddenly change what I like from them....that said, I'll surely pop in as part of the peanut gallery.

@Leroy Hoard @higgins @shuke @Manster @simey @Joe Schmo @joker @Brunell4MVP @dkp993 @Desert_Power @Just Win Baby @otb_lifer @Juxtatarot @The General @Mt. Man @Otis @FairWarning @Manster @gdub @higgins @Gatorman @Amused to Death @Kiddnets @OldMilwaukee @jamny

All you peeps posted in this thread or I sent you PF stuff in the past (I think). Going to set a deadline for completed lists getting back to me of 5/1. That way, the other music threads should be done, the NFL draft will be done, and people will still have about 2 weeks from now to put something together.

Thanks for the DM. I may or may not give this a go if I have the time. I'm a Floyd fan but not familiar with all of their work (mostly the early stuff). Probably a challenge to rank individual songs as they seem like the quintessential album oriented rock band where the sum is more than the parts or whatever. Probably approach like I did Zeppelin where I stuck all their songs in one Spotify playlist and started listening. First casting off the lesser songs and narrowing it to 25. Then listening over and over and trying to resort the list.

Probably a challenge to rank individual songs as they seem like the quintessential album oriented rock band where the sum is more than the parts or whatever.

I'm in - but you hit the nail right on the head. I often lament in here how much people are missing out on the entire album experience and a ton of songs that aren't the "single".

@leftcoastguy7 @SouthJersey @KarmaPolice @E-Z Glider @wilked @snogger @CGRdrJoe @pecorino @WDIK2 @Hastur @Foosball God @DaVinci @Man In The Box @Brownsfan @BobbyLayne @Parrothead @brun @wazoo11 @Jefferson the Caregiver @Insein @Nigel Tufnel @Uruk-Hai @3C's @TheAristocrat @Mr. Pickles @jomar @Bill Brasky @Tom Skerritt @dutch @Willie Neslon @Neo @comfortably numb @ComfortablyNumb @trogg78 @the rover @Peyton Marino @Socrates11

Greetings to another batch of people. You all posted in other Pink Floyd related threads, so I figured why not invite you to our Pink Floyd song ranking thread. I am asking people to sumit a list of their Top 25 PF songs (in order) and then PM your list. The deadline for list submittal is 5/1.

Oddly enough, there appears to be a lot of Floyd fans here on the boards, but many are lurkers, and not many are list makers (at least as of now). Still trying to get folks to submit more lists. We are lacking in that area so far. If you know s people that might be interested in making a list not in the FBG community, see if they want to participate . . . friends, neighbors, coworkers, second cousins thrice removed, your former dealer, your former college professor, the old gray-haired guy at the gym, your neighbor with the 74 Impala, the guy at the park with the tie-dyed prism shirt. You get the idea.

What are people's thoughts on DG's solo album About Face? Apparently, Gilmour has never really been a fan. He doesn't love it, for some reason, and has commented it's dated and is too 80's pop sounding. Of his solo work (or PF work without RW), that's my favorite studio album of his (I like his live stuff with classic Floyd songs more). He played all the songs from About Face on his 1984 tour and then they all mostly got shelved. He hasn't played them in 30-40 years.

What are people's thoughts on DG's solo album About Face? Apparently, Gilmour has never really been a fan. He doesn't love it, for some reason, and has commented it's dated and is too 80's pop sounding. Of his solo work (or PF work without RW), that's my favorite studio album of his (I like his live stuff with classic Floyd songs more). He played all the songs from About Face on his 1984 tour and then they all mostly got shelved. He hasn't played them in 30-40 years.
I think Murder, Love on the Air and Blue Light are top notch songs. But I can see his point about the production. I prefer the self-titled album and On an Island.

I think Murder, Love on the Air and Blue Light are top notch songs. But I can see his point about the production. I prefer the self-titled album and On an Island.
Agreed - I'm fully on Team Gilmour, but I like Roger's solo work much more overall.

Agreed - I'm fully on Team Gilmour, but I like Roger's solo work much more overall.
I can't handle Roger's voice post-The Wall.

Agree on all these, "Murder" is my favorite solo Gilmour song

Anyone ever heard the group The Gilmour Project? I never have but they are playing DSOTM at The Fillmore in Detroit in late May. Wondering if it’s worth getting tickets.

Sounds like the band members have a very solid and long history playing in other classic bands like CSN, the Tubes and the Dead

Last edited:
Anyone ever heard the group The Gilmour Project? I never have but they are playing DSOTM at The Fillmore in Detroit in late May. Wondering if it’s worth getting tickets.

Sounds like the band members have a very solid and long history playing in other classic bands like CSN, the Tubes and the Dead
Not familiar with them. I do see that Aussie Floyd is touring this summer/fall also playing DSOTM in its entirely.

SOYCD
That's a heck of a lineup:

Acclaimed musicians Jeff Pevar (guitar with CSN, CPR w/ David Crosby, Phil Lesh & Friends, Ray Charles, etc); Prairie Prince (co founder of The Tubes, & drums with Todd Rundgren, Jefferson Starship, Phil Lesh); Kasim Sulton (bass with Utopia, Meatloaf & Blue Oyster Cult): Mark Karan (guitar with Bob Weir/Ratdog, The Other Ones, Phil Lesh) & Scott Guberman (keyboards with Phil Lesh) - come together for this heavy, psychedelic lift of audacious & beloved ‘Gilmour-centric’ Pink Floyd songs & rarities from David’s solo catalogue.

SOYCD
That's a heck of a lineup:

Acclaimed musicians Jeff Pevar (guitar with CSN, CPR w/ David Crosby, Phil Lesh & Friends, Ray Charles, etc); Prairie Prince (co founder of The Tubes, & drums with Todd Rundgren, Jefferson Starship, Phil Lesh); Kasim Sulton (bass with Utopia, Meatloaf & Blue Oyster Cult): Mark Karan (guitar with Bob Weir/Ratdog, The Other Ones, Phil Lesh) & Scott Guberman (keyboards with Phil Lesh) - come together for this heavy, psychedelic lift of audacious & beloved ‘Gilmour-centric’ Pink Floyd songs & rarities from David’s solo catalogue.
The solo catalog bit is a bit of a reach. They play all Floyd songs and once in a while toss in There's No Way Out of Here. I don't believe they've ever played another one of his solo songs. They also on occasion throw in a cover of a song from a band one of the band members has been in.

Last edited:
On an unrelated note, anyone ever been to Newport Jazz Festival? I am in Newport often enough, but never saw a show there. But I just saw this, whoa.
JRAD With Kamasi Washington! @shuke

One person listed a couple of songs that weren't even Zeppelin songs.

So
In honor of my college days - #12 - Lunatic Fringe (several in my circle swore this was Pink Floyd, but before I get too critical around the same time I made the same mistake, but my song is forgotten to me...
)
In honor of my favorite band - #7 - From the Greenhouse (as in "The Best Song Roger Waters Never Wrote")

:wink:

Things are slow in developing so far. Only 9 lists submitted. Already up to 65 different songs. Only 3 songs appeared on every list. SPOILER ALERT: Candy And A Currant Bun IS NOT one of the three.

Unless I missed it, there is no established deadline. That would definitely be a forcing function for me, otherwise I will take my time, in part due to life obligations and in part because it is not easy to finalize my list.
In case you or others missed it, a deadline for list submittal was set for 5/1.

Things are slow in developing so far. Only 9 lists submitted. Already up to 65 different songs. Only 3 songs appeared on every list. SPOILER ALERT: Candy And A Currant Bun IS NOT one of the three.

Unless I missed it, there is no established deadline. That would definitely be a forcing function for me, otherwise I will take my time, in part due to life obligations and in part because it is not easy to finalize my list.

Thanks, but you just quoted a post from March 29. I already saw your answer to my question yesterday that is on this same page.

Thanks, but you just quoted a post from March 29. I already saw your answer to my question yesterday that is on this same page.
Sorry, didn't realize it was you in both cases. Was just going through the thread and replied that a deadline had since been added. Didn't even look to see who it was.

Users who are viewing this thread