What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pink Floyd Song Ranking Thread - Lists Due 5/1 (1 Viewer)

If there are anymore lists still forthcoming, please be aware SOYCD is considered two songs and Brain Damage / Eclipse is considered as one.

Can't remember . . . am I waiting on anyone else? Not too late to shoot over a list. Plenty of good seats are still available.

Would have loved to participate but I’m not going to get a list in. I don’t have time right now. The Wall would have contributed many of my songs.

As of now, we have a list where that person's Top 5 is the current overall Top 5 . . . in the exact order.
Revisiting my list, I think this could be me - my Top 5 is pretty chalky.
I compared your list to all the others so far. You average 13.1 similar songs to all lists that have been submitted. You are most aligned with @Yo Mama (16 songs, 9 of the same Top 10), @worrierking (16 songs, 8 of the same Top 10), and @Mt. Man (16 songs, 8 of the same Top 10). You are least aligned with @Grace Under Pressure and @Mookie Gizzy (10 mutual songs listed).

I was a big post Waters fan.......and The Division Bell for me was brilliance. I love Gilmore.....a lot. And there is one song on that record that to me is one of the all time greats....so that is a monkey wrench in my top 5.

But overall.....I was not a Syd Barrett fan what so ever.....I completely avoided that era like the plague. I focused on the classics with and without Waters.

I was a big post Waters fan.......and The Division Bell for me was brilliance. I love Gilmore.....a lot. And there is one song on that record that to me is one of the all time greats....so that is a monkey wrench in my top 5.

But overall.....I was not a Syd Barrett fan what so ever.....I completely avoided that era like the plague. I focused on the classics with and without Waters.
I love me some DG. I think he's an awesome guitar player. But for some reason, I view AMLOR and TDB as Gilmour solo albums (The Endless River was mostly a bunch of leftovers, not really intended to be used as a standalone album). The post-RW songs are good, the performances are good . . . but it's just not the same as PF with RW. And I don't even love RW that much. I don't really love his solo material, and a lot of his versions of PF songs without DG don't sound the same. Solo Waters misses the voice and virtuosity of DG. Solo DG (or DG's PF) misses the edge of RW. As for Syd, I don't love that era of PF either. I am still tinkering with my list, but I don't believe I have any tracks with Syd or any after RW left.

As of now, we have a list where that person's Top 5 is the current overall Top 5 . . . in the exact order.
Revisiting my list, I think this could be me - my Top 5 is pretty chalky.
I compared your list to all the others so far. You average 13.1 similar songs to all lists that have been submitted. You are most aligned with @Yo Mama (16 songs, 9 of the same Top 10), @worrierking (16 songs, 8 of the same Top 10), and @Mt. Man (16 songs, 8 of the same Top 10). You are least aligned with @Grace Under Pressure and @Mookie Gizzy (10 mutual songs listed).
Ruh roh. :oldunsure:

Users who are viewing this thread