What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

pittman and andre hall to IR (1 Viewer)

Young still have a chance to be the guy?

Until the injury he looked good and had a great YPC, also Torrian did not set the world on fire vs Miami. I can see the Broncos going with their pass heavy offense, what RB suits this situation the best now?

ALlllllLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!

Trying to figure out if I'm happy or glad as a Young owner. I was just ready to wash my hands of this mess, now I'm sucked back in. :goodposting:

There backfield is superthin right now. Neither young or torain have shown they can stay healthy. I am gonna be taking a flyer on hillis in some leagues

So, it's safe to assume that if Torain plays GREAT...he's the man. If not, S. Young is the guy be default. Right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!

And thanks to the talk here and on TSN...I picked him up last week.

Man o' man...

IF (big IF) this plays out.....I will look like a fantasy GOD!

Broncos placed RB Andre Hall (wrist, ankle) on injured reserve, ending his season.P.J. Pope may now be activated from the practice squad to be third string behind Selvin Young and Ryan Torain. Hall has been a decent role player for Denver the past two seasons, but is replaceable and has proven somewhat injury prone. He's certainly not a lock to be on the team in 2009.

Considering the Broncos RB situation hasn't been stable since Clinton Portis left and have moved onto a spread-Patriots style offense. I fail to see how this has much fantasy impact, especially in dynasty.

So, it's safe to assume that if Torain plays GREAT...he's the man. If not, S. Young is the guy be default. Right?
We'll see who starts on Thursday, early word is Torain has the inside track - and Peyton Hillis could be HEAVILY involved yet again in the passing game.

Thansk for the info, CL but I'm not on any Denver RB train. They aren't running the ball well and I said preseason I'm not getting into that backfield and I'm still holding that opinion. What I saw versus Miami Sunday in terms of rushing was sick.

For stability, I can't see why S. Young won't be the main guy. Of course, if he's healthy enough. The Broncos seem to be in a tail spin of sorts, so I think they try to salvage it a bit. If they go to hell and hand basket...I can see Torain getting all day & night. No, I don't own Young or Torain in any league either.

All aboard for a so-so flex play.
:unsure: Perfect. Exactly how I have felt. But who knows - we'll find out if Torain is the real deal - whether we want to or not...
If he starts, I'll start him as my RB2 ahead of Addai. The heck with it. I'll roll the dice with a starting RB against a bad Cleveland run defense and take my chances.
Can't blame you. With Addai going up against a tough Steeler D and still working his way back from injury.

I bet Alexander will beating his head against a wall now.. if he only would have waited a few weeks....

Are you guys forgetting about the running back who caught 7 passes for 116 yards + a TD on Sunday? Maybe a fluke, but at this point in time that looks a lot more productive than Torain's 1 rushing yard.

With the bye weeks, suspensions, etc. I may actually have to start Torain in my backfield. Young is still on my wire as well.

.33ypcSTUD
Heard the same thing about Hightowers low ypc. Torain had 3 carries (2 of which were goaline), Jury is still out, Court is in session...Choo Choooooooooo
Help me out here. Which two were goalline carries? 1-5-MIA 5 (4:38) 42-R.Torain up the middle to MIA 2 for 3 yards 1-10-DEN 20 (2:17) 42-R.Torain right end to DEN 18 for -2 yards 2-21-DEN 36 (6:20) 42-R.Torain up the middle to DEN 36 for no gain

all things considered....if they had it to do all over again....do you think they still trade Portis for Champ?

Would any of you drop LJ to pickup Torain (redraft)? I'm sitting on LJ, Deuce McAlister, and I just cut Edge for JJ Arrington. My RB situation is scary, and a guy who's getting carries (Torain) could really help me.

I know this should be in the Asst Coach forum but this is the thread getting all the action right now.

With Denver losing two more players on def side of the ball D.J. Williams, and McCree, I think you see Cutler passing about 46 times a week to try keep up. Going forward the Denver def has to be one of the worst ones for the next 4 weeks. Some will say Denver will try to run more to slow the game down, but when the other team can run/pass through your def like swiss cheese, I don't think it happens.

I also smell Hillis pulling Droughns before this is all said and done.

Users who are viewing this thread