What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

playoff pay for NFL players (1 Viewer)

I believe it's 75k, whatever Taylor was fined
I believe he was fined $17K. I can't remember but I heard last year some numbers, but don't remember. I believe it goes up each round, but considering what they make during the season, its not much. I remember being surprised at how low it was.As far as caring - I dont, the worst paid player in the league makes more money sitting the bench than I would in 10 years, so I could care less. I would like to see teams take all profits made from the playoffs and donate that money to their community as a way of saying thanks for supporting us all year, since its all bonus money anyway (not projected in the yearly estimates). It should be a honor to get into the playoffs and what a great way for teams to show their towns they care about them, not just the profits. That's why Pgh loves the Rooney's; the best owners in professional sports. Truely a class act family run operation, and it shows.

Gamechecks for the playoffs:

First round money:

Wild Card Team: $17,000

Division Winner: $19,000

Second round:

$19,000 win or lose

Third round:

$37,000 win or lose

Super Bowl:

Loser: $37,000

Winner: $73,000

LINK