What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please help bigbottom win a Battle of the Bands and support Chance for Hope as a bonus! (1 Viewer)

bigbottom

Footballguy
Okay, I realize that there may be a bit of Chance for Hope fatigue here at footballguys (so many have you have been so incredibly generous over the years), but this one has a musical tie-in so I figured why not post about it.  Back in 2019, I participated in Law Rocks Houston, a really fun event where Houston bands comprised in whole or in part by local lawyers battle it out on the stage in support of their chosen charities. I am once again joining up with some lawyer friends as PRO HAC VICE, a band that will be rocking the 80s and playing in support of Chance for Hope Foundation.

The battle of the bands event will be Thursday, March 10 in Houston.  The winner is determined by the following scoring breakdown: 1/3 by sponsorships/ticket sales, 1/3 by donations raised for each band's selected charity, and 1/3 by the live performance score given by the Rock Panel of Judges.  Accordingly, even if you don't live in the area and thus aren't able to attend, you can still help us WIN by making a donation to Chance for Hope Foundation at the event page linked below. No donation is too small as it all adds up!

Link for tickets, donations and other info (including the other competing bands): https://lawrocks.org/hou (please be sure to select PRO HAC VICE at checkout as the band you are supporting).

Thanks so much for anything you can do!

By the way, here are a few short clips from our 2019 performance (portrait mode, sorry):  RomanticsModern EnglishBlink 182

Done.

On a related but not at all related note, I feel like if the retirement becomes official, a sequel  Brady song is needed…

Done.

On a related but not at all related note, I feel like if the retirement becomes official, a sequel  Brady song is needed…
Thank you so much!  As for another Brady tune, it would need to be epic. Not sure which direction to go. Lady by Styx?  Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh?  Dude Looks Like a Lady? Three Times a Lady?  Luck Be a Lady?

Thank you so much!  As for another Brady tune, it would need to be epic. Not sure which direction to go. Lady by Styx?  Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh?  Dude Looks Like a Lady? Three Times a Lady?  Luck Be a Lady?
If you want epic, it had better be Steinman.  I figure "Holding Out For A Hero" should do.

Will be bumping periodically in advance of the March 10 event date. We’re currently in second place in the donation category of the five bands. 

Here is one of the bands we’re competing against: The Wheel Workers.  They are a real band that records albums and gigs regularly and they are really good. 

Okay, I realize that there may be a bit of Chance for Hope fatigue here at footballguys (so many have you have been so incredibly generous over the years), but this one has a musical tie-in so I figured why not post about it.  Back in 2019, I participated in Law Rocks Houston, a really fun event where Houston bands comprised in whole or in part by local lawyers battle it out on the stage in support of their chosen charities. I am once again joining up with some lawyer friends as PRO HAC VICE, a band that will be rocking the 80s and playing in support of Chance for Hope Foundation.

The battle of the bands event will be Thursday, March 10 in Houston.  The winner is determined by the following scoring breakdown: 1/3 by sponsorships/ticket sales, 1/3 by donations raised for each band's selected charity, and 1/3 by the live performance score given by the Rock Panel of Judges.  Accordingly, even if you don't live in the area and thus aren't able to attend, you can still help us WIN by making a donation to Chance for Hope Foundation at the event page linked below. No donation is too small as it all adds up!

Link for tickets, donations and other info (including the other competing bands): https://lawrocks.org/hou (please be sure to select PRO HAC VICE at checkout as the band you are supporting).

By the way, here are a few short clips from our 2019 performance (portrait mode, sorry):  RomanticsModern EnglishBlink 182
Bump - we are currently in third place in the donation category. Thanks in advance for anyone who is interested in contributing.  No donation is too small!  $5  $10  It all adds up!

The battle of the bands event will be Thursday, March 10 in Houston.  The winner is determined by the following scoring breakdown: 1/3 by sponsorships/ticket sales, 1/3 by donations raised for each band's selected charity, and 1/3 by the live performance score given by the Rock Panel of Judges.  Accordingly, even if you don't live in the area and thus aren't able to attend, you can still help us WIN by making a donation to Chance for Hope Foundation at the event page linked below. No donation 

Done. 

I just donated as a way to thank bigbottom for some exceptional legal advice regarding a loved one.  He did not charge me a dime and took a lot of time with each of us in explaining everything.  Nicest guy, as everybody here already knows.

BTW, do they update the donation totals at end of day or something?  Mine didn't adjust your current total so I hope I didn't screw up. 

Also, it says I bought a ticket to the show, which I cannot make.  Let me know how to go about fixing that, if necessary.  I do know I selected "PRO HAC VICE" when prompted. 

Thanks again!

I just donated as a way to thank bigbottom for some exceptional legal advice regarding a loved one.  He did not charge me a dime and took a lot of time with each of us in explaining everything.  Nicest guy, as everybody here already knows.

BTW, do they update the donation totals at end of day or something?  Mine didn't adjust your current total so I hope I didn't screw up. 

Also, it says I bought a ticket to the show, which I cannot make.  Let me know how to go about fixing that, if necessary.  I do know I selected "PRO HAC VICE" when prompted. 

Thanks again!
Happy to help brother and wishing you and yours all the best. The donation receipt references a “ticket” but it’s not actually a ticket to the event so no worries there. They only update the totals every day or so on the website, so it should show up when they update tomorrow. Thanks so much for your kindness and generosity!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey friend - just donated. Good luck.

One of my best friend's 3 year old daughter has terminal brain cancer (was looking promising for a bit, not so much now - looking like 3 months). It makes me terrible sad and I weep with and for him and his family often. I always marveled at how you handled your terrible plight with Chance and think of you often whenever children and cancer get brought up. Just wanted to offer big hugs and well wishes. Rock on

Hey friend - just donated. Good luck.

One of my best friend's 3 year old daughter has terminal brain cancer (was looking promising for a bit, not so much now - looking like 3 months). It makes me terrible sad and I weep with and for him and his family often. I always marveled at how you handled your terrible plight with Chance and think of you often whenever children and cancer get brought up. Just wanted to offer big hugs and well wishes. Rock on
Thank you so much for your donation. I sincerely appreciate it. And what a gut punch about your best friend and his daughter. I’ve been there so I have some understanding of what they are and will be going through, and it makes me weep. Cancer, particularly childhood cancer, can be a destroyer of souls. I know you will be there for your friend. He will need you.

Brain cancer is now the most deadly form of cancer in children. Your donation helps support not only our support services programs, but also our efforts to fund groundbreaking medical research in the area of pediatric brain cancer. To date, Chance for Hope has funded half a million dollars toward brain cancer research. You are now a part of that effort. I will be praying for your friend and his family, that they have the strength to face what lies ahead.

Much love,

biggie

Pity bump.  We're getting our butts kicked in donations.  Currently in 4th place out of the 5 bands competing.  Any donation amount will help - $10, $20, whatever.  All donations go directly to Chance for Hope provided you select "Pro Hac Vice rocking for Chance for Hope" as the band you are supporting at the checkout page.  Thank you for anything you can do to help!

Law Rocks Houston Link

Pity bump.  We're getting our butts kicked in donations.  Currently in 4th place out of the 5 bands competing.  Any donation amount will help - $10, $20, whatever.  All donations go directly to Chance for Hope provided you select "Pro Hac Vice rocking for Chance for Hope" as the band you are supporting at the checkout page.  Thank you for anything you can do to help!

Law Rocks Houston Link
Managed to move into third place in the donation category. Hope is to get to second place in donations, and make a run at overtaking the top spot in the sponsorship/ticket sale category. We pull both off and we’re in really good shape. We pull off one of the two and it’s probably a 50/50 shot to win the event. We pull off neither and stay where we are in those two categories and we’re a real long shot to win. 

Donated. Not sure if I did it right but it also sent me a ticket email. Was there a way to just donate? Does someone want the ticket? Can it be transferred?

Good luck in the competition. You guys rock.

Nevermind. From the email, in case anyone else is confused.

The event organizer has provided the following information:

Thank you for supporting the Second Annual Law Rocks Houston! Please note that despite this confirmation email including event details, Donations are not tickets to the event. You will need a General Admission or VIP Admission ticket to attend the concert.

Nevermind. From the email, in case anyone else is confused.

The event organizer has provided the following information:

Thank you for supporting the Second Annual Law Rocks Houston! Please note that despite this confirmation email including event details, Donations are not tickets to the event. You will need a General Admission or VIP Admission ticket to attend the concert.
Yep.  They really need to fix the platform. It creates a lot of confusion. And thank you so much for donating!!! I really appreciate as do the guys in the band and the pediatric cancer families we support. 

Donated.  Good luck BB!

Donated - let's finish in FBG style for Chance!
Many thanks to you both!!!

We’ve pulled into second place in the donations category and overtaken first (barely) in the ticket sales/sponsorships category. If we can hold those positions, we’re in a good position to defend our title provided we don’t lay an egg with the panel of judges, which is the third category. The battle is tomorrow night!  Thanks to everyone for their support!!!

Well, the event was a total blast. By the end of the night, we were able to come out on top as both the overall winner and the Judge’s Choice award winner. The competition was stiff for both categories and we were really pushed, which was great for the cause and for the music on stage. Thank you to everyone here who donated or sent words of encouragement!  You all are just awesome. No video yet, but I’ll post some as it becomes available. 

Law Rocks Recap

Well, the event was a total blast. By the end of the night, we were able to come out on top as both the overall winner and the Judge’s Choice award winner. The competition was stiff for both categories and we were really pushed, which was great for the cause and for the music on stage. Thank you to everyone here who donated or sent words of encouragement!  You all are just awesome. No video yet, but I’ll post some as it becomes available. 

Law Rocks Recap
That’s awesome Bb.  Congrats!  

Users who are viewing this thread