What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Edition - Please help bigbottom win a Battle of the Bands and support Chance for Hope as a Bonus! Just a $10 donation makes a difference (2 Viewers)

bigbottom

Footballguy
As you may recall from prior threads, I have been participating in Law Rocks Houston, a really fun event where Houston bands comprised in whole or in part by local lawyers and legal professionals battle it out on the stage in support of their chosen charities. I am once again joining up with some lawyer friends as PRO HAC VICE, a band that will be rocking hits from the 80s and early 90s (Van Halen, Loverboy, Billy Idol, Montell Jordan, Run DMC and House of Pain) and playing in support of Chance for Hope Foundation.

The battle of the bands event will be Thursday, April 18 in Houston. The winner is determined by the following scoring breakdown: 1/3 by sponsorships/ticket sales, 1/3 by donations raised for each band's selected charity, and 1/3 by the live performance score given by the Rock Panel of Judges. Accordingly, even if you don't live in the area and thus aren't able to attend, you can still help us WIN by making a donation to Chance for Hope Foundation at the event page linked below!

There is a separate prize called the Hustle and Heart Award that goes to the band with the most individual donations of at least $10. Accordingly, you can help us win this award, along with the overall event with just a $10 donation. If you make a $10 contribution, post that you have done so in this thread and I will do a drawing following the event for a prize pack including a limited edition Pro Hac Vice hat, as well as some Chance for Hope merch. And if you donate $100, you will automatically get the prize pack (though we have a limited amount of hats, so please don't delay in making your donation).

The link for making a donation and other info (including the other competing bands) can be found here: https://lawrocks.org/hou (please be sure to select PRO HAC VICE at checkout as the band you are supporting otherwise the donation won't help us or go to Chance for Hope).

Thank you all so much for anything you can do!!!

IN!

we got work to do if we're going to catch those dorks from Twenty 24 Souls!
How did you manage this successfully and I screwed it up? Apparently I accidentally ordered a ticket.

I'm in IT now.
"Sir, have you tried turning it off and then back on again? You have? OK, then I can't help you. "

You want me to get you on my way to the show, ride together or?

IN!

How did you manage this successfully and I screwed it up? Apparently I accidentally ordered a ticket.

I'm in IT now.
"Sir, have you tried turning it off and then back on again? You have? OK, then I can't help you. "

Driving to Houston from the PNW, are you? Sure, swing by and pick me up.

ETA: Would only add 4 hours to your 33 hour drive.

IN!

I'm in IT now.

Going to covert you to lettuceism.

IN!

I'm in IT now.

It would have to be so covert I wouldn't even know.

If you go to the donation section and make a donation, it’s a donation. But you’ll get an email that mentions you buying a ticket. It’s a glitch in the platform. Don’t worry! And thank you all so much!!!

IN!

I'm in IT now.

It would have to be so covert I wouldn't even know.

Damn it.

IN!

I also might have a ticket. :bag:
OK. I did this on my phone while watching the SDSU game, so I assumed we screwed up. Back on the laptop now, though, and it looks like 1 eticket is delivered as part of the donation. Note below, it clearly identifies Donation and also 1 eticket. We're now stupid for a completely different reason.

Order summary
Donate to Band's Nonprofit Pick
$100.00

Subtotal
$100.00
Fees

$2.90
Delivery
1 x eTicket
$0.00

Total $102.90
Total
$102.90

IN!

I also might have a ticket. :bag:
OK. I did this on my phone while watching the SDSU game, so I assumed we screwed up. Back on the laptop now, though, and it looks like 1 eticket is delivered as part of the donation. Note below, it clearly identifies Donation and also 1 eticket. We're now stupid for a completely different reason.

Order summary
Donate to Band's Nonprofit Pick
$100.00

Subtotal
$100.00
Fees

$2.90
Delivery
1 x eTicket
$0.00

Total $102.90
Total
$102.90

With a $100 donation, you automatically get a limited edition Pro Hac Vice ball cap! I’m sure that this is the best news you’ve heard all week. DM me your address and I’ll get it out to you in the mail with some other swag. Thanks Bob!!

What happened?

We won! Actually swept the three awards: overall event winner, judge’s choice, and heart and hustle (awarded to the band with the greatest number of individual donations). They are still tabulating numbers, but it looks like our lawyer band raised between $20-25k for Chance for Hope.

There were seven bands this year and some really good talent. We relied on energy, song choice and a kitschy stage performance to get us the win. I have no shame so I wore red leather pants and played a keytar.

Here’s our set taken from someone in the crowd if you want to watch: https://youtu.be/HR7Lm5m_44Y?si=kuCopmPVRcGnbObT

What happened?

We won! Actually swept the three awards: overall event winner, judge’s choice, and heart and hustle (awarded to the band with the greatest number of individual donations). They are still tabulating numbers, but it looks like our lawyer band raised between $20-25k for Chance for Hope.

There were seven bands this year and some really good talent. We relied on energy, song choice and a kitschy stage performance to get us the win. I have no shame so I wore red leather pants and played a keytar.

Here’s our set taken from someone in the crowd if you want to watch: https://youtu.be/HR7Lm5m_44Y?si=kuCopmPVRcGnbObT
Your band is really good. Congrats on the win.

What happened?

You guys are great! Fun watch

Users who are viewing this thread