What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Plummer (1 Viewer)

TFN1995

Footballguy
I just don't think that this is the year. The Post-Elway Broncoc win thier first playoff game since Elway retired. I just think New England's defense is too good. I also think Plummer will go back to the Int. Machine that he has become famous for.

I just don't think that this is the year. The Post-Elway Broncoc win thier first playoff game since Elway retired. I just think New England's defense is too good. I also think Plummer will go back to the Int. Machine that he has become famous for.
Why do you think Plummer will revert to what he did last year? That doesn't make sense to me. Seven picks all year - what more does a guy have to do to earn a little respect?for the record, he has won a playoff game with the Cardinals - the first in that franchises history in 46 years.

Plummer has extreme success with defenses that overpursue. He killed teams this year with that little naked bootleg they run 3 or 4 times a game. New England seems like the kind of team that doesn't fall for "the banana in the tailpipe" and stays at home on defense.It really depends on how tight the refs call this game. If they let the Pats get away with that 'clutch, pull, and let go' defense, they'll shut down the Broncos passing game in a big way.

Why do you think Plummer will revert to what he did last year? That doesn't make sense to me. Seven picks all year - what more does a guy have to do to earn a little respect?for the record, he has won a playoff game with the Cardinals - the first in that franchises history in 46 years.
Agreed. He beat the Cowboys in January of 1999

I just don't think that this is the year. The Post-Elway Broncoc win thier first playoff game since Elway retired. I just think New England's defense is too good.
Based on what? The mediocre offenses they have shut down the last six weeks? Go look up and see what happened the last time they played an offense that ranked in the upper half of the NFL. Hint: It was against an AFC West team from the midwest and the Patriots defense looked below average.

Why do you think Plummer will revert to what he did last year? That doesn't make sense to me. Seven picks all year - what more does a guy have to do to earn a little respect?
I didn't realize respect for a 9 year career was earned in 1 regular season. I say to earn respect one has to perform consistently in both the regular season and playoffs.
for the record, he has won a playoff game with the Cardinals - the first in that franchises history in 46 years.
Was that his rookie or second year? One playoff win in 8 years. I'm simply not impressed. And hey I was a guy who thought bringing Jake to Denver was a good idea. maybe Shanny has developed him into something workable. Tonight we will find out.Edit to add:People are acting like this is Jakes best year. It's not. Their last playoff year was actually better for him He only played 11 games that season, where this season is 16.2003/2005 comp pct 62.6/60.7 TD-int 15-7/18-7 Rating 91.2/90.2No light years better, but this year wasn't some huge leap for him. In that playoff game against INDY, he actually didn't play horribly. But, the rest of the team was shellacked. That said, I think the Pats game plan is to take the run game away, and make Jake beat them. If the Broncos win, my belief is that it will be Jake that wins it for them. But, I don't see that happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does everyone say that the NE defence is so Good?This year they rank 25 in yards allowed with 328.1 yards a game?

They are a -6 in Takeways?

They give up 5.3 yards per play?

Teams have made 42.0% of their 3rd down attempts against the Pats

And for Total Defence the only teams that are below them are

Oakland, Cincinnatti, Buffalo, St Louis Houston, and SF. :lmao:

And don't give me the excuse of injuries every team has injuries and are able to play witth them or have the depth to recover from it?

To me the Pats are living off past history when they had a great defence. To me the Pats Defence will be exposed as they are.

And don't give me the excuse of injuries every team has injuries and are able to play witth them or have the depth to recover from it?To me the Pats are living off past history when they had a great defence. To me the Pats Defence will be exposed as they are.
Have you been following football for the past month and a half? The Pats had injuries, more than anybody in the NFL, and most of those players are back, or the replacements have learned to play in the system. What major defensive injuries has any other playoff team had? Nowhere near. Most teams with the volume of injuries the Pats have had are drafting in the top 10. The closest I can think of is the Jets. A pretty good team that went down the crapper, because of injuries. Yes, everybody has injuries. It's part of the game. But, not everybody recovers from it. That's the difference. The stats you cite are for the season. Anybody will admit the pats struggled in the first half of the season. Very inconsistent. In one 3 week stretch they started 3 safeties. That'ss disrupt your consistency a bit, don't you think? In week 1 they lost 2 DB's for the season. The next week they lost Harrison. The next week it was Guss Scott. ANYBODY in that scenario is going to get torched. In fact of the 8 opening day Dbacks on the roster, 6 are on IR. We also missed Rosie Colvin, Tedy Bruschi, Richard Seymour and Vince wilfork in the early to mid season. That'll allow teams to move the ball. That's just the D side. On the o-side, we lost the top 3 RB's for significant portions. We also lost Dan Koppen and Matt Light. Hmmm, makes sense that the run game would struggle, doesn't it? Now, they're back, or replacements have learned. Logan Mankins and Nick Kaczur have picked up their spots, Faulk is back 100%, and Dillon really hasn't played for 3 weeks. I'm assuming he's going to be healthier than he's been all year. The Pats weathered the storm, and finished 10-6. Tom Brady was the stalwart. Yes, his stats suffered a bit becasue of it, but the fact remains. The Pats are in the playoffs, and have the ability to beat the Broncos tonight. will they? That's why they play the game. I believe they'll win, as do many people. Put it this way. Until the Broncos wil a playoff game with Plummer, I'll pick against them, no matter the opponent. Until the pats lose, I'll pick for them. It's as simple as that. One team has gotten it done, repeatedly, the other hasn't, repeatedly.Please cite me a team that had a season even approaching respectability losing as many players. It's laughable to say that teams just regularly overcome injury. It doesn't happen, except w/ the patriots of the previous 2 years. I've got to believe they'll do it again.

Without going into the logic and detail that will surely cause me to ramble on for days about why, so I will simple answer this by saing .... no, no ... he can't win a playoff game.

I just don't think that this is the year. The Post-Elway Broncoc win thier first playoff game since Elway retired. I just think New England's defense is too good.
Based on what? The mediocre offenses they have shut down the last six weeks? Go look up and see what happened the last time they played an offense that ranked in the upper half of the NFL. Hint: It was against an AFC West team from the midwest and the Patriots defense looked below average.
statistically this is quite true. If you've been watching them though it's as if they had a junky D to start the season and a pro bowl D the last handful of weeks. Injuries, coaching adjustments...whatever the case, they're far better lately

Please cite me a team that had a season even approaching respectability losing as many players. It's laughable to say that teams just regularly overcome injury. It doesn't happen, except w/ the patriots of the previous 2 years. I've got to believe they'll do it again.
I don't know the players or # of guys hurt. When Haley was with the 49ers...at that time, they always compare that team in a little TV blurb every postseason so they lost a ton of guys and did well. I wanna say there are others but again I'm at a loss. I can imagine the announcers saying how QB X carried the team thru all these injuries to make the playoffs but.....I'd figure there's gotta be some

And don't give me the excuse of injuries every team has injuries and are able to play witth them or have the depth to recover from it?

To me the Pats are living off past history when they had a great defence. To me the Pats Defence will be exposed as they are.
Have you been following football for the past month and a half? The Pats had injuries, more than anybody in the NFL, and most of those players are back, or the replacements have learned to play in the system. What major defensive injuries has any other playoff team had? Nowhere near. Most teams with the volume of injuries the Pats have had are drafting in the top 10. The closest I can think of is the Jets. A pretty good team that went down the crapper, because of injuries. Yes, everybody has injuries. It's part of the game. But, not everybody recovers from it. That's the difference.

The stats you cite are for the season. Anybody will admit the pats struggled in the first half of the season. Very inconsistent. In one 3 week stretch they started 3 safeties. That'ss disrupt your consistency a bit, don't you think? In week 1 they lost 2 DB's for the season. The next week they lost Harrison. The next week it was Guss Scott. ANYBODY in that scenario is going to get torched. In fact of the 8 opening day Dbacks on the roster, 6 are on IR. We also missed Rosie Colvin, Tedy Bruschi, Richard Seymour and Vince wilfork in the early to mid season. That'll allow teams to move the ball. That's just the D side.

On the o-side, we lost the top 3 RB's for significant portions. We also lost Dan Koppen and Matt Light. Hmmm, makes sense that the run game would struggle, doesn't it? Now, they're back, or replacements have learned. Logan Mankins and Nick Kaczur have picked up their spots, Faulk is back 100%, and Dillon really hasn't played for 3 weeks. I'm assuming he's going to be healthier than he's been all year. The Pats weathered the storm, and finished 10-6. Tom Brady was the stalwart. Yes, his stats suffered a bit becasue of it, but the fact remains. The Pats are in the playoffs, and have the ability to beat the Broncos tonight. will they? That's why they play the game. I believe they'll win, as do many people. Put it this way. Until the Broncos wil a playoff game with Plummer, I'll pick against them, no matter the opponent. Until the pats lose, I'll pick for them. It's as simple as that. One team has gotten it done, repeatedly, the other hasn't, repeatedly.

Please cite me a team that had a season even approaching respectability losing as many players. It's laughable to say that teams just regularly overcome injury. It doesn't happen, except w/ the patriots of the previous 2 years. I've got to believe they'll do it again.
Like I said all you are saying is that the Pats when they had the harder schedule they did not have a good defence. When they played the light schedule they were a "great" defence. While I don't think they will be as bad as they were when they started the season, they also will not be as good as they have when they have played cupcake schedule. Every team had injuries. Heck Denver has had injuries to itsstarting CB's for a lot of the last half of the season and they have still performed better than the Pats.

But as they say the game will be played on the field tonight where the Pats will be exposed

Without going into the logic and detail that will surely cause me to ramble on for days about why, so I will simple answer this by saing ....

no, no ... he can't win a playoff game.
but without going into logic and detail, how can we trust your reply?An opinion without supporting evidence is like the French army - looks good on paper, but not worth very much when the bullets start flying.

He could win a playoff game if he wasn't playing the Pats. I don't think Denver losing will be all Jakes fault, I just think New England is the better football team at this point of the season.

The way I see it, it's even.Plummer - 1 playoff win (4 road games, 0 home games)Brady - 1 playoff road win (1 road game)

The way I see it, it's even.Plummer - 1 playoff win (4 road games, 0 home games)Brady - 1 playoff road win (1 road game)
Chase, can you further your explanation on how it's even close between Brady & Plummer. Plummer has had 3 more road games than Brady, but both have the identical # of wins.RAPTURE

The way I see it, it's even.

Plummer - 1 playoff win (4 road games, 0 home games)

Brady - 1 playoff road win (1 road game)
Chase, can you further your explanation on how it's even close between Brady & Plummer. Plummer has had 3 more road games than Brady, but both have the identical # of wins.RAPTURE
Where's the game tonight?

Denver!!My point is, if T.B. had more road games in the playoffs (over his career), he would surely have more wins than 1. RAPTURE

Denver!!

My point is, if T.B. had more road games in the playoffs (over his career), he would surely have more wins than 1.

RAPTURE
Really? Is that evidenced by the way the Patriots dominated winning 5 post-season games by 3 points?

I don't doubt the Pats can win on the road in the playoffs. They manhandled Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh last year, a tougher task that what confronts them today. But still, this is new ground for Brady and NE -- they face a team that has had two weeks to prepare for them.

Just saw Jake interviewed at halftime of the Seahawks/Skins game. I'm pulling for him not only because he's an ASU guy, but he's got the coolest look a QB has had since Namath.

If the Broncos expect Jake to 'win the game' for them, they're in a helluva lotta trouble.Jake has a propensity to make big mistakes at inopportune times (in the NFL) - and I think Belichick will be able to bring out the worst in him.

That INT was brutal. He had Mike Anderson open in the flats as a check down too....If it weren't for that bogus pass interfence call, this game would be a taffy pull.

Looks like that he is able to do it. Against the Defending Two Time Super Bowl Champions..To be the Champ you have to Beat the Champ

Think about it...Denver's running game didn't do much for most of the game, yet Jake Plummer still had a good game and led the Broncos to a win. Yes, the defense and special teams probably deserve more of the credit, but Plummer didn't beat himself like so many thought he would do. It is high time this man gets some credit for evolving into an above average NFL quarterback.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how Plummer had a "good game" while Brady "choked".It doesn't make any sense.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how Plummer had a "good game" while Brady "choked".

It doesn't make any sense.
I wouldn't say Brady choked. HE made some big throws. :confused: THey just didn't get the breaks they normally do. Plummer had a "good game" in the sense that he won, and he made some nice plays along the way.COlin

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how Plummer had a "good game" while Brady "choked".

I agree. Both guys played relatively well, but Brady made the more critical mistake, which NE never really recovered from. I would give Plummer a B performance and Brady a B-.

I don't agree that Brady choked. But, Plummer had a good game, as evidenced by the W. To expand, without looking at the stats, 3rd down conversions were the key.

The TURNOVERS, pass interference call and missed FG are what turned the game - NOT Jake Plummer's play.Look at his flippin' stats for the game: 1 TD and 1 INT and fewer than 200 yards.Pretty mortal imho.

The TURNOVERS, pass interference call and missed FG are what turned the game - NOT Jake Plummer's play.

Look at his flippin' stats for the game: 1 TD and 1 INT and fewer than 200 yards.

Pretty mortal imho.
But he got the Win and he was the key for the offence since they did put the points on the board. Sometimes how good the game was played is not in the Stats.

Look at Bradys stats .. had great stats but LOST.

Bottom line Plummer did not lose the game for Denver, while Brady's INT probably did lose the game for the Pats.

But Brady did not choke.... Denver just has Brady's number. Like Indy has Denver's number.. Go Pittsburgh

Think about it...Denver's running game didn't do much for most of the game, yet Jake Plummer still had a good game and led the Broncos to a win. Yes, the defense and special teams probably deserve more of the credit, but Plummer didn't beat himself like so many thought he would do. It is high time this man gets some credit for evolving into an above average NFL quarterback.
You've got to be kidding. He's an average QB, nothing more, nothing less. He's Trent Dilfer driving a ferrari in Shannys offense, where Dilfer had a Geo in Baltimore. It's laughable to suggest otherwise. As for Brady choking. He did throw a bad pick, but I don't think 341 yards and a TD is choking. Hey, they lost, and Brady was directly responsible for 7 of the Bronco points. Seven also go to a bad PI call, and 7 are on Troy Brown on the worst play I ever remember him making.

But he got the Win and he was the key for the offence since they did put the points on the board.
I think the credit got to Mike Andersons 2 TD runs. In true Trent Dilfer fashion though, Jake didn't lose the game for his team.
Sometimes how good the game was played is not in the Stats.Look at Bradys stats .. had great stats but LOST.Bottom line Plummer did not lose the game for Denver, while Brady's INT probably did lose the game for the Pats.
Brady's game hurt, but it didn't cost the game. It may have, but I feel the phantom pass interference and Brown fumble were far more relevent, especially given when they happened.

I don't agree that Brady choked. But, Plummer had a good game, as evidenced by the W. To expand, without looking at the stats, 3rd down conversions were the key.
To add, the only thing Jake has to do to have a good game is hit Rod Smith on 3rd down, and not turn the ball over.He only had one pick.

Rod Smith had 6/96/1 - three of those completions on third down, and the TD came on 1st and goal.

Plummer had a good game.

The TURNOVERS, pass interference call and missed FG are what turned the game - NOT Jake Plummer's play.

Look at his flippin' stats for the game: 1 TD and 1 INT and fewer than 200 yards.

Pretty mortal imho.
A lot of us Broncos fans said ALL WEEK before last night's game that Plummer wouldn't have to win the game by himself, but that he wouldn't lose it, either. We were right. Everyone picking NE seemed to think that Plummer would be the reason the Broncos would lose, but they were all wrong. All we heard all week was, "brady is better than Plummer, so the Patriots will win." Well, the last time I checked, one quarterback made a critical mistake in second half of last night's game and guess what? It wasn't Jake Plummer. In no way am I suggesting that Plummer is as good or better than Brady, but he did last night what we said all week he would do.

You've got to be kidding. He's an average QB, nothing more, nothing less. He's Trent Dilfer driving a ferrari in Shannys offense, where Dilfer had a Geo in Baltimore. It's laughable to suggest otherwise.
Does that mean that any QB playing in the West Coast offense is overrated because it is a QB-friendly system? Do you know that only two quarterbacks have won more games over the last three seasons than Plummer...Brady and Manning?

Users who are viewing this thread