What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Podcast app for android? (1 Viewer)

MTskibum

Footballguy
I have always used google podcasts, however google is killing the app and I need to find a new one.

Any recommendations for a podcast app on the android app system that works with android auto.

AntennaPod

Doesn't track/sell/profile your data like many other podcast apps. Eliminates some, not all ads. Free. Very customizable if you are into that sort of thing. Simple UI. Open source.

I switched from Google Podcasts about 9 months ago and haven't looked back.

ETA: Google killing off another product? Shocker. Google Podcasts was actually a really great pod app, the only reason I switched was I went on a paranoia/privacy kick last spring after watching Mr Robot

ETA2: not sure if not works with Android Auto, I am a peasant with a 10 year old car.

I've used Pocket Casts (mentioned above), but after switching phones I couldn't sync to where I'd left off easily, so I started over with Podcast Republic. Both are fine, as far as working with my needs.

Can't speak to Android Auto as I have an older car, I use Droid Automation for a lot of tasks and just have one for the car (i.e. I set up a simple workflow: when plugged in to a charger -> turn on bluetooth -> if bluetooth connects to my car stereo adapter -> launch Podcast app)

I switched from stitcher to antennapod when they killed stitcher. No idea how it works with Android auto.

I use pocket casts. Link in Store I can't remember for sure if it works with android auto, but I am pretty sure it does.

Been using pocket casts since the beginning, think I even got the paid version...works on android auto

Same. I don't have tons of podcasts that I listen to, so I don't need a lot of bells & whistles and don't know if it's great for those who do. I think I got the paid version way back when, too, but I don't feel the need for the Plus subscription thing they have now.
Anyway, I've never had any complaints with that app. And works well enough on android auto for me, too.

Users who are viewing this thread