What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Points per COMPLETIONS, and RUSHES/RECEPTIONS thoughts.... (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 So I got into a league last season, and noticed a few slight differences in scoring.

(I won't divulge how I finished last year, until after I get some more opinions, if at all) Let's say I did pretty well in the league.

NOTE - IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT LAST YEAR THIS WAS A 10 TEAMER, THIS YEAR ITS INCREASING TO A 12 TEAMER.

But looking back, I don't know if I paid quite enough attention to the scoring, and I have thought about it a bit all offseason.

The main difference in this league, is essentially two things.

A - For QBs, there are .25 points per COMPLETIONS.

B - For RBs , there are .25 points per RECEPTIONS AND RUSHING ATTEMPTS.

Obviously this makes the heavy usage workhorse type backs much more valuable, but my knee-jerk reaction was that it makes QB a much more important position as well.

I have been a "wait until later in the draft" guy snagging QBS late for 5-6+ years, but now this is making me rethink that position in this league quite a bit.

I have a pretty good grasp on how to value the RBs, but I am all ears when it comes to how to possibly think about the QB position.

If you have any thoughts about which RBs and QBs to target, (and how early) I would love to hear them.

For example, at what point would you start looking at seriously getting a QB, and exactly who slides up your draft board.......?

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Just going off some numbers in my standard league

Wilson had 327 points and 321 completions, bumping his total by 80 points. 

Smith had 295 and 341 completions, bumping his total by 85 points. 

Other completions - newton 277, wentz 265, brady 376, kirk at 327, the burger at 360, rivers 332, manning 342, dalton had 274. 

From what I am seeing, it gives a slight boost to volume passers and hurts guys like dalton, tyrod, and maybe newton, but not enough to justify taking a QB earlier than normal. Waiting to take Rivers vs jumping on Brady won't yield a big difference from a standard league, but brady vs tyrod would have a larger gap. 

Yea, it's not like you can start multiple QB's so I wouldn't overthink that position. I might adjust my QB rankings a little based on Snoochies numbers-moving up guys like Brady, Big Ben and Manning. The players to grab are certainly the workhouse backs which are already at a premium anyway.

The qb's within the position still have the same relative value.  Some may bump up some or down but it shouldn't change when you start taking them.  The 5th qb will still be about the same gap over the 10 qb....its just which qb is 5 and 10 may change.

Thanks for the opinions.

I didn't want to state how I did in said league last season, before anyone answered. I wanted a few opinions before I even covered my results.

But I *DID* in fact win this league last season. It was my first foray into PPR, and I never figured to get into a "points per rush, and points per completion" league.

Just for kicks, here is what my roster at the end of the season looked like.

My QB carousel was actually, Mariota/Wentz....and I picked up BLAKE BORTLES for his end of season run. (who on Earth would have thought that Bortles would be good in THIS points per completion setting) :ph34r:

BORTLES 

LARRY FITZGERALD, AJ GREEN, TYREEK HILL, DEMARYIUS THOMAS

LESEAN MCCOY, CARLOS HYDE, KAREEM HUNT, DERRICK HENRY, SAMAJE PERINE, KAPRI BIBBS, BILAL POWELL

GREG OLSEN

CHRIS BOSWELL  MINNESOTA DEF

I drafted in the 10 slot. (it was a 10 teamer)

Things fell into place with my WRs, with big numbers from Larry Fitz and of course Tyreek Hill. Getting those big numbers in retrospect, was fortunate from Tyreek Hill. Had I thought through it better before drafting, I likely wouldn't have touched him in this format. (I was expecting to have him as a WR3 ish guy with DT, starting AJ Green and Larry Fitz)

Oddly enough, my TE output was a joke. I drafted Kyle Rudolph, but I had a bunch of rubbish along the way including ASJ, Charles Clay, and several others, ending up with Olsen at the very end after someone had dropped him.

McCoy and Hyde were my 2 targeted running backs and I picked up Hunt in the 5th.

Looking back, I might try and acquire a "top tier" QB slightly earlier, IF available, but generally I wait on QB anyway. (I guess I think its a slight bump, but not so significant as to where I am planning on getting a QB in rounds 1-2).

As pointed out, the workhorse backs in this league seem to be at a premium, and those are what I am generally spending on early in this league.

Thanks again for the responses.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread