What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pop Tarts- 50 Years Ago Today (1 Viewer)

Post adapted its process for enclosing food in foil to keep it fresh without spoiling—first used for dog food—to its new toaster-prepared breakfast food. Intended to complement its cold cereals, Post announced its new product to the press in 1963, giving them the name "Country Squares".[6]

Because Post had revealed Country Squares before it was ready, Post's biggest competitor, Kellogg, was able to develop its own version in six months. The product, advertised by an animated, anthropomorphic toaster named Milton, became so popular that Kellogg could not keep up with demand.[7]
Link

Aw yisss

OMG

Feels like only yesterday I had a mediocre Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tart for breakfast. Not recommended

Loved pop tarts as a kid. My favorite was frosted cinnamon, which I would throw some butter on top of.

This is not how the FFA does anniversaries, guy. :hot:

This should have been posted yesterday. :rant:
There is some confusion on the year. Some sources list the Pop Tart's birthday as 11/19/1963 while others say 1965. I could be as much as 2 years early. Suck it.
Still not how it works. You should have posted this yesterday or yesterday plus two years. Either way, you blew it, buddy.

This is not how the FFA does anniversaries, guy. :hot:

This should have been posted yesterday. :rant:
There is some confusion on the year. Some sources list the Pop Tart's birthday as 11/19/1963 while others say 1965. I could be as much as 2 years early. Suck it.
Still not how it works. You should have posted this yesterday or yesterday plus two years. Either way, you blew it, buddy.
:kicksrock:

And now, a moment of silence, for the reading of the fallen flavors....

• Dutch Apple
  • Frosted Concord Grape
  • Chocolate Vanilla Creme
  • Pancake Syrup Blueberry (German)
  • French Toast
  • Wild Tropical Blast
  • Frosted Caramel Chocolate
  • Frosted Double Berry
  • Mint Chocolate Chip
  • Low Fat Frosted Chocolate Fudge
  • Disney Princess Jewelberry
  • Hello Kitty Meowberry
  • Vanilla
  • Wild Magic Burst
  • Unfrosted Cherry
  • Apple Cinnamon
  • Strawberry Cheese Danish
  • Chocolate Graham Cracker
  • Wild Bubble-Berrry
  • Peanut Butter & Jelly (Grape)
  • Chocolate Peppermint
  • Frosted Chocolate Mini-Crisps

<p>

[*]Apple Cinnamon
Really? This is about as classic a pastry flavor as you can get.
Agreed. Used to be a regular on the grocery list for a while.

Also can't believe the Hello Kitty Meowberry's gone. :rant: We hardly knew ye.
Limited editions aren't covered in that list. Some of the LE were actually quite good. Vanilla I-Scream, Birthday cake... Never did find Red Velvet. I'm going to be pissed if they don't keep the new peanut butter ones around full time.

<p>

[*]Apple Cinnamon
Really? This is about as classic a pastry flavor as you can get.
Agreed. Used to be a regular on the grocery list for a while.

Also can't believe the Hello Kitty Meowberry's gone. :rant: We hardly knew ye.
Limited editions aren't covered in that list. Some of the LE were actually quite good. Vanilla I-Scream, Birthday cake... Never did find Red Velvet. I'm going to be pissed if they don't keep the new peanut butter ones around full time.
Any truth that their doing a McRib one?

Post adapted its process for enclosing food in foil to keep it fresh without spoiling—first used for dog food—to its new toaster-prepared breakfast food. Intended to complement its cold cereals, Post announced its new product to the press in 1963, giving them the name "Country Squares".[6]

Because Post had revealed Country Squares before it was ready, Post's biggest competitor, Kellogg, was able to develop its own version in six months. The product, advertised by an animated, anthropomorphic toaster named Milton, became so popular that Kellogg could not keep up with demand.[7]
Link

Aw yisss

OMG
:lmao: @ 7 cent coupons...

Frosted Chocolate Fudge

Frosted Cinnamon

Frosted Cherry

Frosted Strawberry

my kids, however, are fond of Frosted Blueberry (which I detest).

Link

Aw yisss

OMG
:lmao: @ 7 cent coupons...
Righteous bucks back then.

The Hot Fudge Sundae flavor was by far my favorite. Am bummed that I can't find it anymore.

They're fantastic frozen as well.

ETA: Huh. Actually went to their website and it turns out the CVS near me still carries them. Looks like I'm headed to CVS. Screw you ACME!

Last edited by a moderator:

Link

Aw yisss

OMG
You were one happy 40 year old that day, weren't you?

Link

Aw yisss

OMG
GOOD ONE!!!

Post adapted its process for enclosing food in foil to keep it fresh without spoilingfirst used for dog foodto its new toaster-prepared breakfast food. Intended to complement its cold cereals, Post announced its new product to the press in 1963, giving them the name "Country Squares".[6]

Link

Aw yisss

OMG
GOOD ONE!!!
Why is that kid mad at Greco?

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Rove! said:
First Pop-Tarts, then Doctor Who

That was a heckuva week.....
Doctor Who sucks ###. Get out of my Pop Tart threat, dork.
Think what you will, but to have two things born in the same week that would stay part of the pop culture for over half a century is kinda cool...

Was a big fan of the French Toast one for the few years it was available.

Users who are viewing this thread