What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Popular Candy You've Never Tried (1 Viewer)

May have been decades ago but I've tried most candies at some point. The most common one I can think of that I haven't tried is Take 5. I don't care for pretzels, especially in candy.

I wouldn't say they are popular because I would imagine they are terrible but they are well known..........Almond Joy & Mounds.

I mean who wants coconut in a candy bar?
I would have said the same thing for years. But I tried an almond joy last year and it's actually fantastic.

I'm so fat... How fat are you? I'm so fat I can't think of one candy bar I haven't at least tried let alone liked.

Protein bars are often better than a lot of candy bars nowadays. If you're fat or have a sweet tooth, Barebells are a game changer. Gives me my candy fix and helps maintain my girlish figure 💪

My go to: https://www.amazon.com/Quest-Nutrit...ndly/dp/B01IRE8IQ8?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1
My go to. https://www.amazon.com/FITCRUNCH-Protein-Designed-6-Layer-Chocolate/dp/B07BWKT294

Best I've tried. I get the PB version at Costco for a way better price. Just wish they'd carry the chocolate. Have to swallow my pride and go into Walmart for that. :D

If York peppermint patties and anything Reeses were the last candy on earth I'd stop eating candy. And I could add the coconut candy bars to that list.

You should probably bring this up at your next therapy session...
Let me tell you about some other candy I wasn't happy with.

Bit-O-Honey-- vaguely honey flavored fiberglass jerky.

Necco Wafers-- This is for the kid not ready for Three Musketeers.

Ribbon Candy-- made from sugar, food coloring, natural flavors, razor blades
A fresh Bit-O-Honey was the candy of choice for a while. Unfortunately I've had to give up the "chewy" type candies as I've aged for fear of losing filings & crowns :oldunsure:

Never had Toffifay. Always wanted to try it, but whenever buying candy, there are always better choices, or maybe it's that other options had more actual ounces of candy.

Love Nerds. The newer Big Chewy Nerds are amazing, as are the Gummy cluster nerds. And whoever doesn't want their Almond Joys, I'll take 'em. You can keep your Mounds, though.

Growing up I hated eggs... scrambled, fried, hard boiled, whatever. It didn't matter. Gag inducing. So I naturally wouldn't eat a Cadbury Egg.

I started eating eggs in my mid-30's and finally tried a Cadbury Egg a couple of years ago (currently, 48). It wasn't too bad, but the caramel version is much better.

Chick o Stick? Absolutely loved it. Skor? Hell ya

Both criminally underrated. Skor probably a top 3 ever for me.
I don't think I've ever had Chick o Stick either
Think Butterfinger sans the chocolate
Damn, Butterfinger is one of my absolute favorites
Now that was Halloween candy of the gods. Felt like an aristocrat owning them when I would trade with my friends.

I've got a Canadian coworker who visits our plant every couple of months, and he always drops off some crazy Canadian candy bar. It's pretty cool.

This kind of stuff.
Nothing to add about the candy, but when I skimmed this I thought that said planet and I was like... well, he did say the person's from Canada. :lol:

Dove Chocolate Promises, it is the #12 best selling brand of candy in US according to statistica. It is probably a holiday brand?
Snickers Almond at 8.9% market share I have never tried
Bitto-honey at 4.5% market share I have never heard of
Chunky never heard
Anything below 4% market share is probably not popular, many in that range i have not heard of.

Dove Chocolate Promises, it is the #12 best selling brand of candy in US according to statistica. It is probably a holiday brand?
Chunky never heard
Anything below 4% market share is probably not popular, many in that range i have not heard of.

Snickers Almond is really good - it used to be named Mars Bar.

Dove Chocolate Promises, it is the #12 best selling brand of candy in US Iaccording to statistica. It is probably a holiday brand?
Chunky never heard

Snickers Almond is really good - it used to be named Mars Bar.
Interesting. In Canada and the UK, Mars bars don't have nuts in them.

I've got a Canadian coworker who visits our plant every couple of months, and he always drops off some crazy Canadian candy bar. It's pretty cool.

This kind of stuff.
I travelled to Canada recently for the first time in about 40 years. The different variations of KitKat bars are what floored me.

Edit to add - speaking of world candy, I bought a bag of this stuff in Korea and could have eaten a case of it https://www.amazon.com/Korean-Soft-Malang-Cow-Strawberry/dp/B07HQSDCBQ

I started eating eggs in my mid-30's and finally tried a Cadbury Egg a couple of years ago (currently, 48). It wasn't too bad, but the caramel version is much better.
Then you haven't really had a Cadbury Egg. Hershey changed the formulation in 2011. I don't eat them any more.

Per Wikipedia:

As of 2011 the Creme Egg was the best-selling confectionery item between New Year's Day and Easter in the UK, with annual sales in excess of 200 million eggs and a brand value of approximately £55 million. However, in 2016 sales plummeted after the controversial decision to change the recipe from the original Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate to a cheaper substitute, with reports of a loss of more than £6M in sales.

Then you haven't really had a Cadbury Egg. Hershey changed the formulation in 2011. I don't eat them any more.

Per Wikipedia:

As of 2011 the Creme Egg was the best-selling confectionery item between New Year's Day and Easter in the UK, with annual sales in excess of 200 million eggs and a brand value of approximately £55 million. However, in 2016 sales plummeted after the controversial decision to change the recipe from the original Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate to a cheaper substitute, with reports of a loss of more than £6M in sales.

This makes sense. I thought these were awesome as a kid. Tried one about 5 years ago and couldn't finish it.

Per Wikipedia:

The new chocolate was like the stuff around the toy/prize in a Kinder Surprise. Terrible.

Per Wikipedia:

The new chocolate was like the stuff around the toy/prize in a Kinder Surprise. Terrible.
Yep. And they changed the size of the egg, which altered the ratio of chocolate to filling. The New Coke of candy.

This kind of stuff.

Coffee Crisp bars are great. I always wondered why they haven't moved into the US more. (looking it up right now, I guess Nestle started to back in 2006 but then stopped just a few years later).

Kit Kats are better there then they are here (Nestle owns the brand there and everywhere other than the US, where it's Hershey). Not a whole lot different, but better tasting chocolate.

They can keep their Smarties - too much candy shell to chocolate ratio, so M&M's are better.

The others are good, though I haven't tried Big Turk (never sounded appealing) and have never seen/noticed EatMore.

Chick o Stick? Absolutely loved it. Skor? Hell ya

Both criminally underrated. Skor probably a top 3 ever for me.
I don't think I've ever had Chick o Stick either
Think Butterfinger sans the chocolate
Damn, Butterfinger is one of my absolute favorites
yep, if only they didn't stick in your teeth and harden to concrete in the blink of an eye they might be #1

Per Wikipedia:

these used to be my favorite as a kid. didn't eat any for years until we started loading up the kid's easter baskets with them around the year that the recipe changed (TIL). they sucked. figured it was just me. i'll still eat one every year to check only to be reminded that they suck now.

Per Wikipedia:

I rarely ate the chocolate even as a kid. Would scoop out the creamy center and junk the rest. Now if they made a dark chocolate variety, that could be the perfect candy.

Never had Toffifay. Always wanted to try it, but whenever buying candy, there are always better choices, or maybe it's that other options had more actual ounces of candy.

Love Nerds. The newer Big Chewy Nerds are amazing, as are the Gummy cluster nerds. And whoever doesn't want their Almond Joys, I'll take 'em. You can keep your Mounds, though.

Toffifay are pretty good. Almost tempted to door dash one right now

Nestle crunch kinda suck, but i always did enjoy a Krackel in the holiday mix. Mr goodbar are criminally underrated

Butterfinger. They taste good but get stuck in my teeth. Not worth the effort IMO

Users who are viewing this thread