What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Portland, Oregon FBGs League (2 Viewers)

Let talk scoring and payouts.

Scoring - Typical PPR type scoring?

4 - Passing TD (or should be keep passing TD's and rushing TD's the same, I'm in leagues that go both ways)

6 - Rushing TD .......

.1 - 10 yards rushing (equals 10 points for a 100 yard game)

.05 - 15 yards passing (equals 15 points for a 300 yard passing game)

.1 - 10 yards receiving (equals 10 points for a 100 yard game)

1 - PPR (equals 10 points for a 10 reception game)

3 - 1-49 yard FG

5 - 50+ yard FG

--------------------------

1 - Tackle

.5 - Assist

.5 - 1/2 Sack (I forget if this can be done on MFL?)

1 - Solo Sack

.5 - Pass Defended

2 - Interception

3 - Safety

6 - Defensive TD

I know this doesn't cover all the categories, but its a sample of the more important ones.

Payouts -

If this is going to be a competitive league, I think winner takes all is the way to go with the exception that the runner up gets next years dues paid? (Minus website cost)

Let talk scoring and payouts.Scoring - Typical PPR type scoring? 4 - Passing TD (or should be keep passing TD's and rushing TD's the same, I'm in leagues that go both ways)6 - Rushing TD ........1 - 10 yards rushing (equals 10 points for a 100 yard game).05 - 15 yards passing (equals 15 points for a 300 yard passing game).1 - 10 yards receiving (equals 10 points for a 100 yard game)1 - PPR (equals 10 points for a 10 reception game)3 - 1-49 yard FG5 - 50+ yard FG--------------------------1 - Tackle.5 - Assist.5 - 1/2 Sack (I forget if this can be done on MFL?)1 - Solo Sack.5 - Pass Defended2 - Interception3 - Safety6 - Defensive TDI know this doesn't cover all the categories, but its a sample of the more important ones.Payouts - If this is going to be a competitive league, I think winner takes all is the way to go with the exception that the runner up gets next years dues paid? (Minus website cost)
What about making sacks 3 points, 1/2 sacks 1.5? Interceptions six points? Just an idea, as sacks should be worth much more than tackels-IMO.I like the idea for payouts....

What about making sacks 3 points, 1/2 sacks 1.5? Interceptions six points? Just an idea, as sacks should be worth much more than tackels-IMO.

I like the idea for payouts....

I was trying to keep with a mild IDP format, which was sorta mentioned earlier. Sacks should be worth more than tackles, I agree, but is 1 sack being worth the points of 2 tackles fair or should it be worth 3? and an assist be worth 1.5? What do the rest of you think?

We could weight scoring in favor of TEs receptions to make them more relevant. Say, 1.5 per catch.

I personally think we should keep the TE's in line with the WR's. TE's are some of those high risk/high reward guys. If you get a good one, and he stays healthy, he's money. There is always that risk factor of him getting hurt since every TE does at least a little blocking. Any other thoughts on TE scoring?

*** Well my quotes didn't work this time, and I've had too many beers tonight to fix it :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
bearsharks said:
Are we losing momentum? I hope not, this sounds like a fun league to me.
Nah, blame it on the weather. People are probably frying eggs on the concrete or waiting in line at Home Depot for an AC unit. You are right though, we need to keep things moving if we are aiming for a mid-august draft date.No one has volunteered for commissioner duties yet. I will volunteer for the job if no one else wants it. I have no experience as a full-fledged commissioner, but I am a co-commish in two local leagues (mostly people I work with). My co-commish duties have been tracking league expenses and making the pay-outs at seasons end. The two leagues commissioner can vouch for me if needed (same guy for both leagues). 1 league is a 12 team keeper league going into its 6th season, the other is an 8 team dynasty league going into its 2nd season.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to post them. Or if anyone else wants to take on the task certainly throw your name in the hat. skycriesmary has already volunteered to set up the MFL site, maybe he'll be interested in a co-commish role. I think a commissioner and 2 co-commissioners would be the way to go.

Ok, unless you all were ready to do it this week (not likely), we're looking at Aug 17-21, and a Tuesday or Thursday was mentioned as working best for someone. Can we get an updated tally of those that are interested? By my count we're looking at 10 people? Again, it would be great to have 12, but we are where we are.

As far as commish duties, I have no problem with those duties, or that of co-commish, whatever people are comfortable with. I would say that everyone needs to pay up front, and be ready to commit to participating in this fully. I'm not asking you to be as obsessed as some, but....

Can we have another show of hands, and to verify that week works for everyone? Should we alot about three hours for the draft?

I'm in and would be happy to PayPal the fee to lock my spot. Aug 17-21 sounds great. I would appreciate it if someone would post the complete league rules and scoring before the draft.

I've never done a 40 round draft before. Can that be done in 3 hours? I know I'm going to need several piss breaks. :goodposting:

did we decide on dynasty or redraft. i think 40 rounds is to much. if we have 10 people then a roster of 30 would be ideal. are we going with $100 as fees.

I'd vote Dynasty, but whatever the majority wants. You invest a good amount of time for IDP for the draft, might at well be keepers...

Is everyobdy cool with Lucky Lab? There's also Blitz. near Ladd's addition.

I'm good with $100, 30-40man roster, dynasty, Sky Cries Mary as commish, anywhere near SE P.O. for beers. However, I am limited to 8/17-19 for live drafting. MFL for league website?

bearsharks said:
I'm good with $100, 30-40man roster, dynasty, Sky Cries Mary as commish, anywhere near SE P.O. for beers. However, I am limited to 8/17-19 for live drafting. MFL for league website?
I'm good with this, the details in posts 50 and 51 for format and scoring with change to 2 pts/sack (1 per 1/2 sack), Lucky Lab for draft. I suspect the draft will take about 4 hours so we may want to start around 5:30 or so if possible (480 picks at 30 sec each = 4 hrs). I was the one who said Tues/Thur would be better but turns out that in this case, Mon or Wed would be better (17 or 19). I'll check with the LL tomorrow to see if they have a separate room and if it's available for either/both of those nights.

I'd be good with that Monday, although Wednesday is out...

What is everybody's idea for points for sacks?

Oh, and we should also figure out divisions, playoffs, and payouts as well. 3 4-team divisions, 3 winners and best other record make the playoffs, payout 60-30-10?

Monday the 17th would work for me as well. As far as draft length for a 40 round draft, lets decide on a limit of 3 or 4 hours and if we run over the time we can finish using the MFL site. I suspect we can get through at least 30 rounds of live drafting. Whatever is left over can be done in a slow draft, which shouldn't take long with the nice pre-drafting feature the MFL site has.

I am in for the 17th as well. Where is the Lucky Lab. I have been here for only two years. Dynasty is fine with me if it is ok with everyone else.

Alright, contacted the LL tonight. They have a party room and it is available on the 17th. However, there's a $100 reservation fee for the room (don't know the deposit as the scheduler is only in M/W/F so will call back tomorrow). before I plunk down a deposit, I'd like to know this is going to fly. What's the head count at this point?

OMR - Lucky Lab is 915 SE Hawthorne

Duckboy, is this an actual fee, and not a deposit? If so, I wouldn't have a problem with all of us meeting there, and doing our thing. Call me cheap, but are they really going to ask us to go if we're drinking and eating? Especially on a Monday. Also, I have a meeting with the owner of Blitz bar in Ladd's additon today, I could ask him if he's up to having a group there as well.

Don't get me wrong, we're talking about $8 each for the fee, it just seems a little strange.

I am in for Monday the 17th @5:30pm

40 rounds though live sounds like a hell of a lot longer than 4 hours - could we consider the first 20-25 rounds live and then the last 15-20 on the MFL site, that seems to me possibly a bit more realastic, 30 seconds a pick it awful tight and that still puts the draft at 4 hours with no breaks

The business should be enough, but the Lucky Lab has a separate room that I think we're talking about. Any decent bar will do. 20 rounds live sounds doable to me. 8/17 around 6 should be OK for me.

I agree that $100 to rent a room on a monday night is a bit ridiculous. Wherever we land lets just try to make it on the east side of the river. Mon 17th 6pm sounds good. As far as rounds, lets just name a time to stop and see how far we get. Use the website for the rest of it.

Do we have an official count?

-mh34444

-bearsharks

-angular_one

-skycriesmary

-duckboy

-onemorerep

-newteech

None of the other guys have posted since July 27th. I might have one person that'll join, but he hasn't committed yet. Not trying to pressure anyone that hasn't posted in a few days, just want to make sure we haven't lost anyone in the last week.

If we get a committed head count, we should get the MFL site up and running and move this conversation into it. I'll foot the bill from my portion of the entry fees to pay for it if that'll get things going.

I met with the manager of Blitz Bar in Ladd's Addition. It's an awesome space, full bar, full kitchen, etc. There's happy hour until 7, and best of all, no fee for us to come and hang out.

Blitz Bar

What time works best for everyone? The earlier the better, is 5:30 realistic? Gator, are you coming down from SEA?

I agree about 25-30 rounds being the most we could realistically accomplish in 3 hours, escpecially with any kind of break in between, getting details, meeting, etc.

I met with the manager of Blitz Bar in Ladd's Addition. It's an awesome space, full bar, full kitchen, etc. There's happy hour until 7, and best of all, no fee for us to come and hang out.

Blitz Bar

What time works best for everyone? The earlier the better, is 5:30 realistic? Gator, are you coming down from SEA?

I agree about 25-30 rounds being the most we could realistically accomplish in 3 hours, escpecially with any kind of break in between, getting details, meeting, etc.
Sounds good. The LL was a $100 buck fee, but the room is really set for a larger crowd - seats 45, holds 60. No food included with that.I would be in for the 17th as well and any time after 5 or so would work; however if it looks like we need a bit longer to pull folks together, would holding the draft the Tuesday or Wednesday after Labor Day work? that's the day or two before the season starts.

Hopefully we can find an additiona four or five people before the 17th, maybe some of the earlier posters will return? I've sent PM's to a couple.

Also, I have a friend down in Ashland who might be interested in joining, although he can't make it up for the draft. It would be a matter of IM'ing him the selections. I've been in another league with him for about ten years, I can vouch for him. Would any of you have an issue with someone drafting remotely like that? He hasn't made up his mind yet, but I wanted to run it by you first...

I created the MFL site, hopefully if its starting to look like things are coming together we'll get some commitments. I forgot that the MFL allows you to create a league on a trial basis, so it hasn't been paid for yet on the off chance this thing never takes off.

skycriesmary, use the email commissioner tab to email me and I'll send you the password info so you can do your thing. I left team #1 open for you. I took team #2. I didn't create anyone else.

http://www4.myfantasyleague.com/2009/home/64509

YES!!!! I know I'm coming in late, but I gotta get in on this. I went through a divorce, moved to Portland last year and took a year hiatus from FF and have been dieing to find a group of serious players in a local league. I'm not big on online drafting, although I've done them in the past, I remember Duckboy from a couple FBGs leagues I was in a few years ago. I really prefer the action and fun of live drafts.I've been involved in FF since the mid '90s. An ex-FBG employee, and I'd be a strong, active owner if you guys let me in.

If the league is filled I'll be an alternate, whatever you guys need, let me know.

Thanks,

Bruno

Bruno, welcome to the league! We're not snobs...we live in Portland afterall. Wait, you don't live in the Pearl, do you ? :thumbup:

Cool. I'm looking forward to this! And no.....I don't live in the Pearl. I currently live in "The Couve". But I'm moving back to Tigard in a couple weeks. I'm flexible with the rules and scoring, whatever the majority agrees on is fine with me. I would prefer a dynasty league though. And my availability is open after 5pm for the draft.

C'mon guys.... If we're sticking to our 8/17 draft date, we're a week away. Who's in? Who's out? Official rules and scoring? Dynasty? Redraft? Do we need to push back the draft date to get more owners? I might know some people. Am I the only one fired up to do this league? Where's the chatter? Hey, I know we're all busy, I'm right in middle of moving and I can still take 5 mins to give you guys some #### on here. Who besides me wants to get this league off the ground? Chime in, lets start getting a head count.

:)

I think we have a good idea of the rules, as we discussed in previous posts, we should be able to tighten those up on the board this week. From what I can see, we have a total of nine people committed at this time (including my friend who would draft remotely, if he's still into it). I'm going to send a few PM's out now, and see if some of the earlier posters who haven't committed one way or another are in or out.

What we know for certain;

Dynasty with IDP, assuming the rules we mentioned before, and we'll tighten up the pts for IDP, and roster limits, etc.

I'm in. The rough outline of the league is fine. A little more discussion and fine tuning now will allow us to start the draft sooner.

Ok, we have less than a week until the draft. Counting my friend who wants to draft remotely, we have a total of 9 people. Assuming we can find another person by next Monday, that would give us 10. Do we draft a 10 man league, or postpone the draft until we have found a couple other Portland natives to make it 12? :football:

Sorry I am a little to the party but count me in. I have read through the posts and I have liked it, so I am in.

My friend will let me know one way or another tomorrow (the friend who would be remotely drafting). So, that would bring our numbers to 10, if he's in.

Can we find 2 others by Monday? :excited:

I do think we need to have 12 to make it roll right with the starters we are looking at. I'm going to try to put together a rule set tonight, based on what we've discussed so that folks can see something a little more formal. Might make meeting Monday worthwhile for a bit to discuss things even if we don't draft.

I'd prefer 12 myself. But if 10 is all we can muster I'm fine with it. I don't mind the remote drafter. Actually I've drafted remotely before. Just send him texts to keep him updated on which players are taken and when its his turn. Just more work for you thats all. I would like to see a set of official rules and scoring also, being an IDP novice, we gonna make it tackle heavy scoring or sacks and TO's? Could make a difference. I don't really care which way we go, I'd just like to know. Is the 8/17 draft date set in stone?

I'd prefer 12 myself. But if 10 is all we can muster I'm fine with it. I don't mind the remote drafter. Actually I've drafted remotely before. Just send him texts to keep him updated on which players are taken and when its his turn. Just more work for you thats all. I would like to see a set of official rules and scoring also, being an IDP novice, we gonna make it tackle heavy scoring or sacks and TO's? Could make a difference. I don't really care which way we go, I'd just like to know. Is the 8/17 draft date set in stone?
I think with me there is now 11. Correct?

Valence are you still interested if you are able to draft remotely? 12 owners will be great. I think we may need to hash out league rules and bylaws before we can draft. I am OK with pushing the draft back a few days.

Anyone who wants to see the basic format I've put together, send me your email addy and I'll send the word file out. Not married to anything, just trying to get something put together for use. Already sent to sky, happy to send to others as well.

bearsharks said:
Valence are you still interested if you are able to draft remotely? 12 owners will be great. I think we may need to hash out league rules and bylaws before we can draft. I am OK with pushing the draft back a few days.
Valence PM'd me, and said he wouldn't be able to draft remotely, as he's leaving the country for awhile. I'll find out from my friend tomorrow, if he's in or out (he might want to draft remotely).I've taken a look at the rules, and I think outside of a couple of small changes, we have a great foundation. As far as the changes go, I just requested that we add 1 pt for 1/2 sacks, and am wondering if we really need to charge a fee to trade future draft picks. I'm cool either way, and would just hope everyone's :confused: enought that we don't have to collect fees for any trades.We have less than six days until draft day Gentlemen, start your engines!! :popcorn:

Anyone who wants to see the basic format I've put together, send me your email addy and I'll send the word file out. Not married to anything, just trying to get something put together for use. Already sent to sky, happy to send to others as well.
PM sent!

PM sentI am counting 10 right now.-mh34444-bearsharks-angular_one-skycriesmary-duckboy-onemorerep-newtech-sup_yo-bruno2-bigmixAm I missing anyone? Is mon. 8/17 our draft or are we meeting to discuss the rules as was mentioned on an earlier post? I am fine with it either way, but I know we need to lock down the rules before drafting. Especially with drafting IDP since that is going to influence who you draft.

I think sky had a friend that was in for remote drafting which gives 11 - we definitely need to work on getting one more if we can.

Users who are viewing this thread