What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Portland, Oregon FBGs League (1 Viewer)

Ok, my friend in Ashland is in, and will draft through IM.

So, we need one more person to make it 12.

Who can step up and bring a diehard into the fold...?

Good question, I would assume so. For anyone wanting to remotely draft, I can bring a laptop with a wireless card.

How much time are we going to allow per pick? Are we allowed to bring laptops for use when drafting?

How much time are we going to allow per pick? Are we allowed to bring laptops for use when drafting?
Someone's going to have to track and/or enter picks into the MFL site - easier to do as the draft is ongoing, so can't imagine why we wouldn't be able to bring laptops (plan on bringing mine).I'd suggest a minute a pick, depending on if that allows the MFL enterer enough time to keep up and draft their own team. Assuming we start at 6, we should be able to roll through 25+ rounds at that clip if folks can stay to about 10:30 or so, and finish up online. Not sure on the timing as I've been doing live auctions pretty much lately, but the FBG survivor drafts seem to have rolled thru 22 rounds in about 3 and a half hrs with no real timer (just making sure folks keep on top of things).

Will we have the draft slots randomized prior to Monday? We probably should consider doing that. The only thing I'd be concerned about is if someone ends up being a no-show.

I think I have a 12th owner!

Joel from NE Portland is available for the draft on Monday night. He's a stranger to me, but guaranteed he would show up.

Let's get this thing rolling. Somebody draw for draft positions. :goodposting:

I've updated the rules per sky's comments (strike payment for future picks and add pt per half sack) and reformatted to make it purty. Will send to newteech and anyone else for further comment. One thing not addressed in payout is taking out for league site fee - can adjust payouts or just have everyone pay an extra probably 6 bucks.

Has everyone who is "in" responded lately? I think most have but we should probably have someone (sky?) collect all the emails and get a final confirm for Monday including start time.

Will we have the draft slots randomized prior to Monday? We probably should consider doing that. The only thing I'd be concerned about is if someone ends up being a no-show.
I agree this would be a good idea. It would be nice to have this out of the way. By the time we all get there (someone's always late) and introductions and getting food, beer an what not, next thing we know an hour has passed. It would be nice if we can start drafting ASAP and squeeze in as many rounds as possible.

I think I have a 12th owner!Joel from NE Portland is available for the draft on Monday night. He's a stranger to me, but guaranteed he would show up. Let's get this thing rolling. Somebody draw for draft positions. :popcorn:
Is he another FBG? Does he know all the details? Just making sure...

I think I have a 12th owner!Joel from NE Portland is available for the draft on Monday night. He's a stranger to me, but guaranteed he would show up. Let's get this thing rolling. Somebody draw for draft positions. :popcorn:
No, he's not a FBG but I've told him everything I know. I also forwarded him the rules Duckboy sent me. He promised he would be there. If someone doesn't show I guess we just go with 11 teams.

I think I have a 12th owner!Joel from NE Portland is available for the draft on Monday night. He's a stranger to me, but guaranteed he would show up. Let's get this thing rolling. Somebody draw for draft positions. :thumbup:
No, he's not a FBG but I've told him everything I know. I also forwarded him the rules Duckboy sent me. He promised he would be there. If someone doesn't show I guess we just go with 11 teams.
Get you get any contact info from him?

I think I have a 12th owner!Joel from NE Portland is available for the draft on Monday night. He's a stranger to me, but guaranteed he would show up. Let's get this thing rolling. Somebody draw for draft positions. :thumbup:
Get you get any contact info from him?
full name, phone #, email address

I agree this would be a good idea. It would be nice to have this out of the way. By the time we all get there (someone's always late) and introductions and getting food, beer an what not, next thing we know an hour has passed. It would be nice if we can start drafting ASAP and squeeze in as many rounds as possible.
I agree. We may have difficulty getting through all the planned live rounds. We gotta keep in mind that we'll be eating, drinking... there will be times where we have to stop for restroom breaks, getting more beer, etc.

Would everyone who's in send me a PM with your email address? I'll find a site to do the random dice roll, so we can get that out of the way.

Do we want to have the highest dice roll pick they're pick, or just assign it in a way that everyone that logs in gets a random draft spot from 1-12?

As far as logging the draft, I'll use the draft dominator, then will enter the information into MFL.

I haven't ever used MFL from the commishiners login, but I doubt the learning curve is that large.

I'm happy to Portland,Oregon FBGs at the top of the Looking For Leagues header. Could we possibly use the drafting program advertised on our favorite website? I don't mind kicking in the extra dough to get this league off the ground. As Flounder said in Animal House: "Oh boy, this is gonna be great!".

I'm happy to Portland,Oregon FBGs at the top of the Looking For Leagues header. Could we possibly use the drafting program advertised on our favorite website? I don't mind kicking in the extra dough to get this league off the ground. As Flounder said in Animal House: "Oh boy, this is gonna be great!".
Are you referring to the draft dominator? I was going to use that to track everyones picks...As far as draft position, is everybody cool if I use this site Draft Order Generator ?

It will be random, everybody's draft number will be emailed to them, and to me. It cuts to the chase, and we don't have to deliberate, choose, etc. I like the randomness of it.

Are you referring to the draft dominator? I was going to use that to track everyones picks...As far as draft position, is everybody cool if I use this site Draft Order Generator ?

It will be random, everybody's draft number will be emailed to them, and to me. It cuts to the chase, and we don't have to deliberate, choose, etc. I like the randomness of it.
That's fine. I was going to suggest another site (http://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/) to use but it's a little more advanced requiring each user to roll their dice. This is what the NO MERCY leagues use.

As far as draft position, is everybody cool if I use this site Draft Order Generator ?

I'm fine with that and for ease of assigning divisions, we can just go with 1-4, 5-8, and 9-12 if you want. You should already have my email addy.

One thing I noticed on the scoring going back and looking - there are no penalties for INTs or fumbles. Do we want to include or now? I'm fine either way.

One thing I noticed on the scoring going back and looking - there are no penalties for INTs or fumbles. Do we want to include or now? I'm fine either way.
I think there should be. I think we need to tie up these loose ends soon. If not, then Monday we should meet just for these fine tunings.

I think there should be. I think we need to tie up these loose ends soon. If not, then Monday we should meet just for these fine tunings.
I'll go with the majority, but I would vote on penalties for INT's, but not fumbles.Everyone should look over the rules, in detail, if you have any other questions, or suggestions, let's hammer them out in the next day or two, and get the draft going on Monday, there's no reason so postpone it.

OK.......Im the guy from Ashland.....thanks for letting me in..........my name is Blu (my folks were hippies outta Berkley) ....Ive been using FBG for plenty of years so i get it.......

my first thought is to extend the FA rounds each week to as many as possible rather that going 3 round then FCFS perhaps get the lists in by we......maybe after Friday have it be FCFS ....

OK.......Im the guy from Ashland.....thanks for letting me in..........my name is Blu (my folks were hippies outta Berkley) ....Ive been using FBG for plenty of years so i get it.......my first thought is to extend the FA rounds each week to as many as possible rather that going 3 round then FCFS perhaps get the lists in by we......maybe after Friday have it be FCFS ....
:lmao: Huh? Dude, I told you not to drink and type...anyway, I'm open to discussion regarding the FA period, but I would assume if not more than a couple of people want to change it, we're good with how it's written?

Check out FanDraft.com

bearsharks said:
skycriesmary said:

Check out FanDraft.com
I'm not sure if the bar is going to be cool with us projecting our nerdness on their walls, if we were having it a someones house, totally different story. Also, we would need a projector...

Fair enough on FanDraft. Maybe we should repost the scoring in it's current form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough on FanDraft. Maybe we should repost the scoring in it's current form.
15. Scoring: All players:Passing TD.........................4 points Passing yds.........................1/20 Passing 2 pt conversion…....1 Rushing/receiving TD............6 Rushing/receiving yds.........1/10 Rushing/receiving 2pt..........2Receptions………………….1Field Goal.............................3 FG, 50+................................5 Extra point...........................1IDPs: Tackles……………………….1Assists………………………..0.5TD's........................................6 Interception...........................2 Fumble recovery....................2 Blocked Punt/FG/Xta pt.........2 Safety....................................3 Sack.......................................2 (1 pt/ ½ sack) Pass Defended……………….1Discussion was also whether or not to add -1 for INTs. PM me your email and I'll email the rules doc.

I would assume that unless we get some arguments against -1 for INT's, that it would be fair to implement?

I'm waiting on two emails, as soon as I recieve them both, I'll establish the draft positions from the site mentioned, and everyone will receive their draft spot.

So, is everyone good with 5:30? Do we need to change it for anyone?

Yeah, still 5:30 at Blitz. I'm still waiting to hear from two teams, as I can't run the program for draft position until I have everyones email address.

What happens if we don't hear from the remaining 2? Go with a 10 team league or try to find 2 more quickly?

I talked to one person who's father is interested in having a team as well. So, if we have one no show, he'll step in, if neither step in, then I think we should call it a 10 team league.

Let's see what happens by tomorrow afternoon though, the two we're waiting on were regular posters on this thread, and stated they wanted in.

Ok, a couple of things. I have not heard back from one owner, and it's made selecting draft positions impossible to this point. I went ahead and used his email address so that we could find out draft positions. You should all have them emailed to you.

Here's our options in the scenario that this person does not show up;

1) Condense this to a 10 team league, everyones draft position would drop accordinly, i.e the two players who aren't playing are spot's #4 and 8, everyone from spot #5 and higher would drop one position to fill those empty draft holes, and so we wouldn't have anyone drafting from a spot that isn't there any longer (11 and 12)

2) Find one additional person to take that vacant spot. (This of course would be preferred)

We have someone who wants to draft their own team, but if there is not room, they will co-manage another team.

I'll update if I do hear from the team in question. :lmao:

Here is a link to our new MFL site; Stumptown Fantasy League

I'll fill in with names, divisions, etc, after everyone verifies their team name and draft position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, a couple of things. I have not heard back from one owner, and it's made selecting draft positions impossible to this point. I went ahead and used his email address so that we could find out draft positions. You should all have them emailed to you.

Here's our options in the scenario that this person does not show up;

1) Condense this to a 10 team league, everyones draft position would drop accordinly, i.e the two players who aren't playing are spot's #4 and 8, everyone from spot #5 and higher would drop one position to fill those empty draft holes, and so we wouldn't have anyone drafting from a spot that isn't there any longer (11 and 12)

2) Find one additional person to take that vacant spot. (This of course would be preferred)

We have someone who wants to draft their own team, but if there is not room, they will co-manage another team.

I'll update if I do hear from the team in question. :shock:

Here is a link to our new MFL site; Stumptown Fantasy League

I'll fill in with names, divisions, etc, after everyone verifies their team name and draft position.
My roommate may want in (if there's an extra spot), but unfortunately he is out of town tomorrow until late Tuesday. We really, really need to get this to 12 teams!!

I received 2 draft order emails. Which one is correct?
I sent two, as I never received an email regarding the first. Did everyone else receive an email? If we have multiple people that didn't receive it, I'd say we should just draw numbers at the draft, however if I'm the only one who didn't get the email, then we'll go by the draft generator.Sean, to answer your question, I'm assuming we should go with the first, as it was the original. That being said, I preferred my position of the second email :excited:

I didn't get it either. If it looks like Sup Yo and a couple others get it fine, run it one more time and post the results, and Sup Yo and others can confirm. or just post the first one is fine as well.

Users who are viewing this thread